PDA

View Full Version : to all aussies with foxtel/optus

Mon's boy
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:34 AM
did they show any wta indian wells/miami coverage? coz as far as i know they just showed atp. whats up with that?! if thats the case im really pissed off

did they show at least the semis and finals.........if so, when did they? coz nothing was written in the guide

DutchieGirl
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:47 AM
I'm pretty sure they only showed the mens crap! :fiery:

Kirt12255
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:50 AM
Yes I only saw the ATP on there grrrr :fiery:

tennisvideos
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:55 AM
Yes, they only showed the mens events from those tournaments. Fox Sports have an agreement to show all the Masters Series tournaments for men (live every day) which is great if you like mens tennis. But they only show limited women's tennis.

You need Eurosport for the womens tour ;)

Gowza
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:00 AM
they only showed mens crap.

DutchieGirl
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:02 AM
And of course being in Oz, we can't get Eurosport! pfffffff :fiery:

Mattographer
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:35 AM
Fox Sports can get Eurosport tennis matches like last year! Why they don't do it anymore? :rolleyes:

DutchieGirl
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:38 AM
Coz they suck Matt! ;)

JCAPfan
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:31 AM
I believe in the whole April there is no WTA tournament coverage at all!!! This is simply SUCKS!!! :mad:

go hingis
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:46 AM
This year they are constantely advertising WTA Events, every issue has a little guide of how Foxtel are showing us tennis all year. They constantely mention WTA, but are not showing the little amount of tournaments we at least got to see last year.

monster
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:55 AM
This is FOXTEL's tennis program for the year- crap for WTA

Mar 9-10 ATP: Franklin-Templeton Classic

Mar 11-17 ATP Masters Series: California

Mar 24-31 ATP Masters Series: Miami

Apr 14-21 ATP Masters Series: Monte Carlo

Apr 27-28 ATP: US Clay Court Championships

May 5-11 ATP Masters Series: Rome

May 5-11 WTA: German Open

May 12-18 ATP Masters Series: Hamburg

May 12-18 WTA: Italia Masters

May 19-25 ATP World Team Championship

May 26-Jun 8 French Open

Jun 9-15 ATP: Stella Artois Championship

Jun 20, 21 ATP: Nottingham Open

Jun 23-Jul 7 Wimbledon Championships

Jul 13-14 ATP: Miller Lite Championships

Aug 3-4 ATP: Mercedes-Benz Cup

Aug 3-4 ATP: Legg-Mason Classic

Aug 5-11 ATP Masters Series: Montreal

Aug 12-18 ATP Masters Series: Ohio

Aug 12-18 WTA: Rogers AT & T Cup

Aug 24-25 ATP: TD Waterhouse Cup

Aug 26-Sep 8 US Open

Sep 29-Oct 5 WTA: Kremlin Cup

Oct 13-19 ATP Masters Series: Madrid

Oct 13-19 WTA: Swisscom Challenge

Oct 27-Nov 3 ATP Masters Series: France

Nov 6-11 WTA: Tour Championships

Nov 11-17 ATP Tennis Masters Cup – Houston

Philbo
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:02 AM
I just called up and left a message on their feedback line saying how crap their coverage is...you should all do it!!!

Kirt12255
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:13 AM
Will call and threaten to cut my service off.....I was told "There is plenty of the WTA tour"
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Kirt12255
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:22 AM
Will call and threaten to cut my service off.....I was told "There is plenty of the WTA tour"
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Only Aussie here to win a title over summer was Alicia Molik....and Zeroooooo coverage of it...makes me sick...wasn't even on the news...it was ground breaking news for womens tennis here....however then again the ABC in Australia claim to "be promoting womens sport" however they cut the Womens Basketball final with 90 seconds to go AND Netball final last year with a few minutes to go.

U CANNOT support a cause (as womens sport has become here) and promote it only to leave a crowd of watchers wondering what happened!!!! Disgracefull....Our Netball team are now won world Championships twice in a row! Our Basketballers are second only to the US.....but they don't ever cut "Jack-High"!!! who wants to watch fucking lawn bowls?

For Internationallers....The Australian Womens Hardcourts was given "Zero" coverage...not even covered in the news at night :fiery: Perhaps Cathy Freeman could try to play tennis with a WC and we could see some. :fiery:

Mattographer
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:34 AM
Can anyone tell me what address of email for reach them with my comments?

tennnisfannn
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:00 AM
That's why is stopped getting foxtel. The only reason I got it was to see women's tennis and all you ever got outside of the slams was the final of an event two weeks later and the final chopped to an hour. Sometimes you got reruns instead, i felt cheated and quit. I get better coverage on this board anyway!

tennisvideos
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:38 AM
For those who are wondering.... you CAN get EUROSPORT in Australia.

But it isn't easy to get. You need about $1500 to cover the installation of the satellite and then you need to find someone who can give you the access card. The feed comes from New Caledonia so it's in French language. And the $1500 is well worth it if you are a tennis nut like me!

And if you can't access yourself, you can always order a video from me. ;)

Craig :)

TS
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:54 AM
It's amazing that as a Grand Slam nation we have such pitiful coverage of WOMENS tennis :rolleyes:

Kirt12255
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:56 AM
For those who are wondering.... you CAN get EUROSPORT in Australia.

But it isn't easy to get. You need about $1500 to cover the installation of the satellite and then you need to find someone who can give you the access card. The feed comes from New Caledonia so it's in French language. And the $1500 is well worth it if you are a tennis nut like me!

And if you can't access yourself, you can always order a video from me. ;)

Craig :)
:wavey: hmmmmmmmm...do I get 30%? lol :-)

tennisvideos
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:43 AM
:wavey: hmmmmmmmm...do I get 30%? lol :-)

That depends Kirt ;) LOL

tennnisfannn
Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:54 PM
Tennisvideos, how do I get what you have and can i get a list of matches?

tennisvideos
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:36 PM
Hi Tennisfannn

Do you mean how do you get Eurosport? Depends where you live. If you are near Sydney I can let you know how...

As far as what videos do I have... check out this site. Almost all of the tapes are from my collection as I send them my masters and they distribute them.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/tennisvideos1/

switz
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:30 PM
foxtel probably just finds that the ratings do not justify showing it. i would like to see more women's tennis but i can understand why they don't show it. although it does piss me off when they show wrestling and nascar alll the time, because i do not believe these events are sports.

go hingis
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:22 AM
Maybe we should all complain.

I think we can do it as a petition in a group, or

Individual, but if we do it individually we should all ring or write to the same place.

I constantly complain, but to no avail.

SM
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:30 AM
Well relatively speaking on behalf of all the students/juniors here $1500 is a SH*TLOAD to pay for Eurosport :eek: .

A friend of mine offered me 'illicit access' to all the austar channels for just a few hundred but i cant even afford that right now cos ive been on too many shopping sprees. :devil: :)

tennisvideos
Apr 4th, 2003, 07:00 AM
Well relatively speaking on behalf of all the students/juniors here $1500 is a SH*TLOAD to pay for Eurosport :eek: .

A friend of mine offered me 'illicit access' to all the austar channels for just a few hundred but i cant even afford that right now cos ive been on too many shopping sprees. :devil: :)

Hi SM :)

I agree $1500 is a lot for a student. But for a genuine WTA fan with a reasonable job it's a worthwhile investment. I keep forgetting there are lots of students etc on the threads. :)

You don't need illicit access to all Austar channels now that they carry all the sports channels. But you do have to pay for them I guess ;)

bionic71
Apr 4th, 2003, 08:32 AM
ALL FOX subscrbers in Austraila need to call and email relentlessly in order for the programmers to take some serious notice....it may take some time but it is the only way.
I have been sending emails on a weekly basis since Janyary and leaving messages....Of couse I have had no response or seen any cghangees....but if WE ALL DO IT..then maybe!!
It is worth a try.

martinafan
Apr 4th, 2003, 11:38 AM
hmm, that's really really shitty coverage.....besides the 3 remaining Grand Slams, there are only 6 other events covered (Berlin, Rome, Canadian, Moscow, Zurich, Tour Champs), and knowing the shitty coverage that we will be given, it'll only be from the SF's onwards at those events (excluding maybe the tour champs).

Whatever the coverage is like, i hope jelena can start playing better so i have a chance to see her on tv! ;) lol

Robbie.
Apr 4th, 2003, 11:48 AM
hmm, that's really really shitty coverage.....besides the 3 remaining Grand Slams, there are only 6 other events covered (Berlin, Rome, Canadian, Moscow, Zurich, Tour Champs), and knowing the shitty coverage that we will be given, it'll only be from the SF's onwards at those events (excluding maybe the tour champs).

Whatever the coverage is like, i hope jelena can start playing better so i have a chance to see her on tv! ;) lol

Foxtel :rolleyes:

the coverage just gets worse and worse. At least a couple of years ago they used to cover ALL the Tier 1 events consistently. Now we are lucky to get half of them :fiery:

go hingis
May 1st, 2003, 06:51 AM
I need Foxtel contact detail, Please!

I have been on hold so many times for long periods and ended up giving up, I only have one email address and it keeps coming back, I can't find another one on there website.
So if anyone can help me with an email address to complain to, or some number I can leave a message, I would appreciate it.