PDA

View Full Version : should monica have more ATITUDE in her matches?

tyk101
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:29 PM
I know she grunts and all that...but u think she put more emotion, like properly pump her fist, and scream yes.. when she wins a point?

Maybe she shoudl do this against the top players.. it'll help her I reckon.. what do u think? :worship:

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:32 PM
possibly....i guess it wouldnt hurt...but if she doesnt feel its necassary then she shouldnt...:wavey:

irma
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:35 PM
no she should not exactly the same as I said about serena

she never did it, it's not her style
she should be herself!

Dava
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:41 PM
I like Monicas on court attitude, she is very calm on court, but aggresive in her play, which I think is what is better, rather then swaring etc.

tyk101
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:46 PM
comin to think about it..I've seen Monica lip swear F**K a few times!

CJ07
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:32 PM
i have too
after that point at 0-30 6-5 on Justines serve at Wimbledon, Justine hit a serve out wide, Monicas return was on the line, but Justine hit a great cross court backhand, Monica got to it with her one-handed forehand, Justine hit a crosscourt approach, Monica hit a defensive backhand, and hussled to get a one-handed forehand, and justine put the volley away

anyway, Monica said bullsh*t!

i guess she was angry cause she didnt get the triple break point

faboozadoo15
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:37 PM
i love it when she pumps her fist because it's so rare these days, and not bc of quality of play, she didnt even pump her fist when she beat davenport... she lets the fans do that for her :)

kell
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:52 PM
No player should try and do something they're not used to for purely motivational purposes. Besides, I think she exerts herself enough with the grunts. She should save her energyfor playing good tennis, not try and be a Lleyton clone.