PDA

View Full Version : Damn! Dokic ousted from a Tier IV event

TeeRexx
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:20 PM
First Schnyder now Dokic ousted from a Tier IV event in straight sets by Suarez. Maybe Sarisota is just cursed because this is the kind of bouncing around that one would expect to see in a Tier I or II event.

Maybe Jelena will do better in Charleston.

selesfan87
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:30 PM
Oh dear... This hasn't been a great start to the season for her, but hopefuly she'll pick things up. Saurez is a good player though, and especially at doubles (her doubles partner Ruano Pascual beat Hingis in the first round of Wimbledon 01.)

Filip!
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:42 PM
Jelena, what is happening???

I think her new coach is trying too much new things!!! But Jelena has to use her own old style...

Havok
Apr 1st, 2003, 08:08 PM
well lets put it this way, at least she didn't lose to a nobody, and she didn't really get killed. at least she put up some sort of fight coz it was 6-3, 6-3 and no bagels or breadsticks. bur Suarez is extremely good on clay and it is her best surface so........

Dava
Apr 1st, 2003, 08:43 PM
WHAT, Babsi, jelena, and patty, Anna and Elena are looking to go the same way. We might as well hand Stasia the trophey now!!

Havok
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:03 PM
it's official, this tournament has the biggest hex on it. stay away next year girls.

Hendouble
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:08 PM
So... Suarez, nemesis of the French, strikes against another top player on clay. That woman is dangerous, though having beaten three Frenchwomen in a row at RG last year you'd have thought she'd have the decency to put up a fight against her compatriot Fernandez in the quarters.

-Sonic-
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:10 PM
Maybe the tennis gods are bumping off the top players to make it seem more like a traditional tier 4?

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:13 PM
jelena :mad:

sure paola is good, but jelena is better. she was obviously not even NEAR full form :mad:

jelena please fix yourself up SOON

selesfan
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:42 PM
Poor Jelena. :( But Suarez is a good clay courter.

tennisIlove09
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:59 PM
Wow. After Miami, I thought Jelena was back. And she was defending champ...she may be out of the top 10 soon

vs1
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:12 PM
Oh, I do feel for Jelena. This must be a tough loss for her. I still believe though that she is going through "teething" issues with her new coach and goals/objectives. And sometimes you have to tone it down before you bring it back on, so we need to be patient with her. She's young! She'll come back strong.

I am, however, happy for Paola. She is such a nice girl and watching her play makes me want to play because she looks like she enjoys the court so much! So congrats Paola! Take it all the way!!! :D

CJ07
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:26 PM
give Paola some credit
shes a very very good clay courter

faboozadoo15
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:32 PM
oh no! i was hoping she could get on some sort of a roll. how many points will she lose in this? does anyone know? hopefully myskina does not make it very far though, but if she does, i will congratulate her...

the cat
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:39 PM
When did Jelena Dokic turn into Elena Dementieva?

What happened to Jelena's heart, fight and killer instinct? :confused:

Yak
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:46 PM
Her problem is that she doesn't have a plan B! When the boum-boum tennis isn't working, she tries to hit harder... Hello? It's not working! Do something different. Can she hit a slice or a drop shot?

SM
Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:27 AM
at least she put up some sort of fight coz it was 6-3, 6-3 and no bagels or breadsticks. bur Suarez is extremely good on clay and it is her best surface so........
What are you saying Nikola? Its Suarez that should be content with 3-6 3-6. I wouldnt blame Jelena's coach cos he wants her to rely on her own game as the backbone and only implement small bits.

wow @ paola :eek:

selesadmirer
Apr 2nd, 2003, 01:03 AM
How many points does she lose?

Havok
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:15 AM
she loses 100 points, when her 18th tournie is added on.