PDA

View Full Version : is venus or serena...

moby
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:45 PM
the better doubles player?

right now serena's got big sis's number in singles. but seriously, is venus a better player in doubles?

Dava
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:47 PM
I think Serena is better at the net then Venus personally, and her smash is more on. Also the doubles matches I have seen them in the opponents find it very easy to break Venus' serve.

Cariaoke
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:59 PM
hmmm... well let's look at their last dubs match.

Both were kinda off. Venus looked really goofy at the net because she didn't move her feet and takes such giant steps while Serena's fh's from the baseline were well off. But Serena at the net was good stuff and Venus at the back was pretty good. Serena got broken a lot but she clearly has the better serve... Venus, from my memory, wasn't broken nearly as much (I think she was broken lots at Wimby but I can't remember) but she had her kick serve in, especially the last game....whooooooo baby was it on. Serena ended the match with a deadly smack, cross-court.

Serena absolutely LOVES to do the cross-court or overhead smash in doubles close to the net, angling the opponents to death while Venus likes to dictate at the back and depend on her fast serve. When they're both at the net, they don't win a lot of points as you think they would.

So, it's hard to say which one is better at dubs. Serena, the last two times they played (Wimby and AO) had staying power. Serena also tends to rally a lot with the opps, however they were the same opps both times so it's hard to say if that's her style of play or whether or not it was just the people she was playing, and usually, out of frustration, she quickly ends the point. So... I'd say Serena is the better player overall but they both have what the other lacks so together they are deadly.