PDA

View Full Version : Did Kimmmy choke against Serena in Melboune?

gokimmmy1884
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:32 AM
She was up 5-1 in third set but still lost. :rolleyes:

moby
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:34 AM
She was up 5-1 in third set but still lost. :rolleyes:

i didnt see the match but i will always think she choked
that said, it still strikes me as strange, cause kim is probably the last player i think would choke

King Lindsay
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:34 AM
why are you bringing this up now?

Messenger
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:36 AM
Most people agree that:

1. If you are leading 5-1 in the final set and go on to lose the match then there is a reasonable amount of choking involved.
2. Serena played great tennis that set.

Gowza
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by King Lindsay
why are you bringing this up now?

exactly!

gokimmmy1884
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:54 AM
Kim also lost at Jennifer in epic final in Paris, 12-10 the third?
She playing too far back baseline like Hewitt. :rolleyes:

King Lindsay
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:13 PM
Hey yeah, who do you think will win the Aussie Open final? Serena or Venus? Oh wait .... we resolved that two months ago. How embarassing of me to ask that in such an up-to-date thread.

leslie
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:23 PM
Yes she choked big time and is still choking against Serena. During the NASDAQ semi-final a couple of times I saw that scared look on Kim's face as a matter of fact she looked like a deer in headlights. Boy, she is one huge girl she has the ugliest looking legs from the knees up. For a 19 yr old she looks very homely and dowdy looking. O.K. people strick back when you want I am just speaking the truth. And people, do you actually think that Kim and Hewitt is going to be together the next couple of years -- She's 19 and he's what -- 20 to young, it's not going to work mark my word.

selesrules
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:27 PM
Boy, she is one huge girl she has the ugliest looking legs from the knees up. For a 19 yr old she looks very homely and dowdy looking. O.K. people strick back when you want I am just speaking the truth.

Fine say it, but please do not complain when someone saids that Serena's butt is too big, because that's the truth too. The same goes for Steffi's nose. In fact, your comment is even worst because you used words like "ugly". It amazes me how people are "offended" with comments like this, yet these same people turn and make similar comments. I guess as long as it doesn't affect their favorite players then it's OK. :rolleyes:

Chance
lol were you back in 1884 when there was like 5 threads about this topic after the match.

But I'll answer your question anyway ( I don't want to do my research assignment, just yet) IMHO I feel Serena reduced her errors/raising her level- you may think Kim choked but all players choke at least once in their careers but most move on and learn from the experience.

King Lindsay
Leslie, you are a humongous idiot.

Brαm
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:28 PM
Yes she choked big time and is still choking against Serena. During the NASDAQ semi-final a couple of times I saw that scared look on Kim's face as a matter of fact she looked like a deer in headlights. Boy, she is one huge girl she has the ugliest looking legs from the knees up. For a 19 yr old she looks very homely and dowdy looking. O.K. people strick back when you want I am just speaking the truth. And people, do you actually think that Kim and Hewitt is going to be together the next couple of years -- She's 19 and he's what -- 20 to young, it's not going to work mark my word.
Och god, trut! :rolleyes:

You're sad, girl!
How could Kim choke at the Nasdaq Open? She was never leading, never in a winning position!

Chance
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:32 PM
Haha that's funny coming from SR.... if anyone made fun of Whitney Houston you would go loco

leslie
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:32 PM
Fine say it, but please do not complain when someone saids that Serena's butt is too big, because that's the truth too. The same goes for Steffi's nose. In fact, your comment is even worst because you used words like "ugly". It amazes me how people are "offended" with comments like this, yet these same people turn and make similar comments. I guess as long as it doesn't affect their favorite players then it's OK. :rolleyes:

Sweetie, I know that Serena's butt is big the whole world knows that, it nothing new. Why would I get offended at the truth. In any event, she carries that butt very well.

O.K. let me rephase -- Kim has the most "unattrative" legs.

anton
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:38 PM
Steffi is not playing anymore :rolleyes:

leslie
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:41 PM
Leslie, you are a humongous idiot.

Yea, I know. Hehehehe. I am just speaking the truth.

leslie
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:43 PM
Och god, trut! :rolleyes:

You're sad, girl!
How could Kim choke at the Nasdaq Open? She was never leading, never in a winning position!

I did not say she choked at the Nasdaq Open. I said a couple of time she looked like a deer in head lights. But she did choke at the AO.

Hulet
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:47 PM
LOL, leslie, you are incorrigible.

Volcana
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:49 PM
Kim's level of play didn't go down inthat third set, Serena's level of play rose. I don't think you can call it choking if the player is playing the at the same level. Failing to raise the level of your game when your opponent does isn't choking. If Kim lost because of a rain of errors, THAT'S choking.

tennnisfannn
Why do people think saying serena's butt is huge is offensive. Serena's seems proud of it herslf coz she dresses to show it. It is common knowledge that women will dress down or up parts of their bodies they are not happy with, not so with serena, she wears her clothes tight for a reason. She is probably the only woman on the face of the earth who does not ask "does my ass look big in this?"

Chance
Leslie aka MISS NEGATIVITY what does kim's legs have anything to do with this thread.

Brαm
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:03 PM
Yes she choked big time and is still choking against Serena. During the NASDAQ semi-final a couple of times I saw that scared look on Kim's face as a matter of fact she looked like a deer in headlights.

What do you mean by "she's still choking" then? Is she still playing her AO semi against Serena? Must be the longest match ever!Please explain what you mean by that sentence!

leslie
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:13 PM
Leslie aka MISS NEGATIVITY what does kim's legs have anything to do with this thread.

Nothing really, but I got a good look at them at the Nasdaq and just had to mention it.

leslie
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:15 PM
Why do people think saying serena's butt is huge is offensive. Serena's seems proud of it herslf coz she dresses to show it. It is common knowledge that women will dress down or up parts of their bodies they are not happy with, not so with serena, she wears her clothes tight for a reason. She is probably the only woman on the face of the earth who does not ask "does my ass look big in this?"

Tennisfann, you are so right. I love that last part "does my as look big in this?"

selesfan87
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:16 PM
She got excited. One game away from her first slam final.

leslie
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:18 PM
What do you mean by "she's still choking" then? Is she still playing her AO semi against Serena? Must be the longest match ever!Please explain what you mean by that sentence!

Bram, do you care that much. She is scared when she plays Serena because she will always remember that 5-1 lead she had against her and lost it. As I said before Kim needs therapy for that 5-1 she lead lost.

irma
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:20 PM
didn't people say the same thing after wimbledon 2001 about another player?

yes they did and we know what happened a few months after :worship:

Brαm
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:23 PM
She got excited. One game away from her first slam final.
Jennifer beat Kim in the final of Roland Garros in 2001 (12-10 in 3rd set remember?).

Oh, so you CANNOT explain it, Leslie? Good :)

chapel
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:56 PM
"....certain as the sun rising in the east" ...tho i would've loved to see kim win.

why bring it up now anyway?

Lien
Apr 1st, 2003, 04:24 PM
In my humble opinion, the only person I see who needs therapy is you leslie, no offense but who gives you the right to critize people on their appereances. Tennis is a sport not a freaking show.

I agree on the fact that Kim choked a bit, but Serena started to play better. Any way, that semi-final is like what three months ago. It is getting a little old by now.

selesfan87
Apr 1st, 2003, 04:54 PM
Jennifer beat Kim in the final of Roland Garros in 2001 (12-10 in 3rd set remember?)

Bit OT, but gota say, that was a great match.