PDA

View Full Version : Should Serena Tone Down Her Attitude???

anton
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:09 AM
:confused:

Crazy Canuck
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:14 AM
No. She should be encouraged to be herself, attitude and all.

What inspired you to ask?

anton
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:22 AM
some of her recent comments.

like I think Venus is always nice in her comments to serena but serena will to me use venus to make herself look better.

Like Serena said nobody can hit 125mph serves for 2 hours.
That might be true but Serena seems to be using Venus to make herself look better.

There are other examples like Serena said at her best nobody can beat her. I disagree. Venus came close in Melbourne and I think Serena should stop saying stuff like that. Venus will beat Serena this year.

Take that to the bank!!! :eek:

anton
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:25 AM
I forgot to say everybody click the little talking head and then click approve to give me approve.

ALso LTMN.com will be back online around 12 noon CST USA which is 1pm New York time. :wavey:

rebecca have you heard 50 cents new song? it's funny when he says :hearts: "I love you like a fat kid loves cake" :hearts: :D :wavey:

irma
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:29 AM
serena was always like that. it belongs to her!
and without that attitude she had never come over her choking behavior of 2001 so it's good!

Crazy Canuck
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:43 AM
I believe that it's her attitude - which is really just a reflection of her total self belief - that has gotten her this far.

So although some of her comments might seem totally arrogant, I don't think that she intentionally makes them at the expense of others. I think that she's just saying what she thinks about herself, and not worrying about others.

Sometimes the things out of her mouth leave me a little slacked jawed (like the French accept mockary)... but I don't think that she says any of it to be nasty.

Then again, I support Jennifer entirely based on her attitude, so perhaps I'm not a good source.. ;)

*end rant*

anton
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:55 AM
this is another subject but some of serena's clothes are really pushing it.

i mean she has a great body but i think sometimes less may be more...

like compare what she wore to the NAACP Awards to what Venus wore.

Venus was classic and stylish and Serena's outfit was over the top I think. :confused: :wavey:

irma
Apr 1st, 2003, 08:00 AM
maybe you should not compare serena with venus.

they are different persons!

BasicTennis
Apr 1st, 2003, 08:06 AM
maybe you should not compare serena with venus.

they are different persons!

I couldn't agree more. Comparing Venus with Serena would only make you feel insecured anton. :devil:

Serena is by far better than Venus and would continue to dominate Venus unless Venus' service game drastically change ASAP. :kiss:

Dava
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:01 AM
Does Serena have an attitude, the only time I thought it was bad was when she said Fucking Bitch to Venus at the AO final.

anton
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:32 AM
Venus needs to hit her forehand and 2nd serve instead of pushing them.

they she can beat serena in rome. :wavey:

Dawn Marie
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:05 AM
Lmao@ u anton.

Anyway, No Serena should continue to be herself and if people don't like her wonderful personality then I say and I know she would say fuck em'.

I don't see how she has an ATTITUDE anyway? Sure she is a bit cocky.. aint nothing wrong with that. She is not any different from countless other #1 players on the circut. Leave confident black women alone. Let her be, she will not bow down to what you wish her to be. She is not some dainty little girl who should be seen and yet not heard sitting on some lunch bench sucking on a lollypop. She is a women who knows what she wants and right now she wants to kick the crap out of WTA tour.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:10 AM
. Let her be, she will not bow down to what you wish her to be. She is not some dainty little girl who should be seen and yet not heard sitting on some lunch bench sucking on a lollypop. She is a women who knows what she wants

Repeat this to yourself next time you insult Jenn for HER attitude :)

1jackson2001
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:15 AM
I think she's fine...compared to Hingis, Serena is :angel:

anton
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:16 AM
Dawn did you see Serena's new pics on Vogue?

Her hair is wet. She is wearing mroe tight clothes.

I am beginning to think all Serena's clothes are tight. :D :wavey:

BasicTennis
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:35 AM
Repeat this to yourself next time you insult Jenn for HER attitude :)

Serena's attitude indicates confidence while Jenn reflects "bitchyness".;)

Serena possesses the true attitude of a no.1 player. :worship:

anton
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:14 AM
true.

jennifer did lose a million dollar endorsement and serena has not done that yet.

anybody know which endorsement she lost by the way?

doloresc
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:09 PM
no she shouldn't. it was her attitude and self-belief that got her this far. venus is my favorite player and i wish she would adopt some of her sister's current mindset. serena wouldn't have lost to shaughnessy.

leslie
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:05 PM
What attitude are you talking about? There's no attitude with Serena, she is perfect the way she is, very professiona and a lady and so down to earth.

tennischick
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:36 PM
no she shouldn't. it was her attitude and self-belief that got her this far. .... serena wouldn't have lost to shaughnessy.
agree...:wavey:

Cariaoke
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:47 PM
I agree with what's been said pretty much. That's who Serena is and I love her for that. She's confident. Stay the same Serena; don't change for anybody! like she's reading this... :o

And Venus is not Serena. Venus wore skimpy outfits for her Ocean Drive photo shoot and in her avon commercial with Serena, she was on a chaise lounge talking on the phone in a bikini. I think some of you guys forget that they've each been risqué at times and come with this 'Venus would never ___ unlike Serena' type presumption that frankly pisses me off as I'm sure it does others. Let them be, damn. /steps off soapbox.

CanadianBoy21
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:51 PM
I think her attitude is just fine. She speaks the truth, and that's all that counts.
When in a match, yes she does call players bitch, it is so adorable ;), but she does it to pump herself up. Against Loit she would have LOST had she not had her attitude. I'm sure u all agree with that because it got her fired up, it seemed as though she had women problems, and i guess it fired her up to ay bithc or whatever. She is like a Xena on court, but when she gets off she is sweet. Kim does not call players bitch, but look where her attitude got her, she is fiesty on court, unlike before, and now she is a top 3 player. Venus better watch ehr back, cause in my opinion she is looking bored, tired and couldn't give less crap about if she wins or loses.
Bring just a little more fire like u used to Vee :kiss:
Remeembr Wimbledon that one year against Novatna, that's the attitude we want back :)

bandabou
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:32 PM
Serena is like this. She needs this "attitude" to pump herself up. In fact everybody should have the believe that their best is better than anyone's!

c2
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:57 PM
I personally don't understand this question.. I think her attitude is fine. She's very friendly and gracious, always.. that's one of the things I like about her, even if she does win too much ;)

Serendy Willick
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:17 PM
Here we go another post slagging Serena off claiming attitude :rolleyes: This "attitude" is what got her to number one in the world and has what won her 5 grand slam titles and counting :cool: This "attitude" is what shut up the idiots that said that she wouldnt win a grand slam. Maybe you should focus on why your fave seems to not give a flying rats nest about tennis right now and not worry about Serenas "attitude" What in the heck is she supposed to do? Bow down to everyone :rolleyes: . BTW, some people need to read quotes correctly instead of glossing over them, Serena said that if she is playing her best tennis that it is pretty hard to beat her, which is the case. It seems you constantly find something to nitpick about Serena, if you dont like her outfits, turn the freaking channel or dont look at the picture. :mad:

selesfan
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:19 PM
Serena has a great attitude. She shouldn't change anything in her personality. She is fine the way she is. :)

mentos
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:20 PM
Is this because SHE’s dominating, Anton?
This Venus is a victim (of Serena’s win at all cost attitude) is what really needs toning down. Venus is not a victim, but a CHAMPION.
Read interviews from the past, Serena always believed herself champion material. Now that she’s attained this goal—by silencing her inner demons and elevating her level of play, she’s a problem. Why wasn’t her attitude a problem to you and other complainers prior to mid-2002?

La_lena
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:53 PM
nope!

doloresc
Apr 1st, 2003, 04:20 PM
agree...:wavey:

thank you, tennischick. :)

Is this because SHE’s dominating, Anton?
This Venus is a victim (of Serena’s win at all cost attitude) is what really needs toning down. Venus is not a victim, but a CHAMPION.
Read interviews from the past, Serena always believed herself champion material. Now that she’s attained this goal—by silencing her inner demons and elevating her level of play, she’s a problem. Why wasn’t her attitude a problem to you and other complainers prior to mid-2002?

a luminous post! :) i completely agee! it is such a disservice to venus to portray her as a victim. she is many things but a victim has never been, and will never be one of them. serena has raised the bar. venus and other players have to elevate their games to serena's level.

Becool
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:30 PM
Yeah.. Again another anton post trying to make Venus looks the victim.. Venus is not winning like she used to, cause she doesn't have the Serena attitude, that makes you win them.. Remember when Venus was confident? US Open 2000? And she also could comeback in already lost matches like that Hingis match in the semis? Well guess why Venus doesn't win them more, while Serena does? Simple! Venus has changed a lot. From that player who used to pump fists and show emotions, she has turned into a robot.. Showing none losing or winning.. That's not Serena's problem..

So I don't think that you posting things like this will change anything.. I don't know what you have against Serena, but it has became childish and pathetic.. Get over it. Serena is better than Venus. And Serena doesn't need to use Venus as example on how good she is.. I guess it's pretty obvious.. So try to support more your favourite, and leave Serena alone with your Anit-Serena threads and useless accusations that you're the only one able to see it..

:kiss:

Dawn Marie
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:47 PM
Now I know someone aint up in here trying to compare Serena's personality and on and off court attitude to Jennifer's.. LMAO.

Like did you watch the Nasdaq finals?? That match shows just who was clam cool and confident and who was bitchy and out of control. face it Jen's attitude sucks on the court. I also don't think Serena will get herself kicked off the FED CUP team either. Get that head out of they ass.. please.:)

salima
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:53 PM
It is fine, it adds flavour to EVERY match she plays.

Hendouble
Apr 1st, 2003, 08:04 PM
I have only two requests for Serena. Stop that hideous primal banshee screeching on court, it adds nothing to your game (thank you Monica, you started it after all). And please, for the love of God, don't try any more jokey British accents in interviews - the first time was toe-curling enough, let alone the second.

HingisLove
Apr 1st, 2003, 08:07 PM
she should stay the way she is, she's fine. Some of her fans though :rolleyes:
Jenn is a bitch and Serena is an :angel: compared to Hinigs.........hmmm I would say think again, or at least try :wavey:

Jakeev
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:02 PM
Uh Dawn Marie Jen was out of control in that final? hahahahahaha

Seenus
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:04 PM
some of her recent comments.

like I think Venus is always nice in her comments to serena but serena will to me use venus to make herself look better.

Like Serena said nobody can hit 125mph serves for 2 hours.
That might be true but Serena seems to be using Venus to make herself look better.

There are other examples like Serena said at her best nobody can beat her. I disagree. Venus came close in Melbourne and I think Serena should stop saying stuff like that. Venus will beat Serena this year.

Take that to the bank!!! :eek:

Don't expect my vote after some of your recent comments anton.

Jem
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:11 PM
I am not a Serena fan, but I find it difficult how anyone could find much fault with her conduct on and off court these days. I have found her to be both gracious and deferential to her opponents -- certainly much more so than several years ago. In fact, I believe that her improved professionalism is one of the things that helped her reach the top. Once she acknowledged that she had to put in the effort off the court and recognized that there are some talented women in the game, her own career really took off. Her dominance of the game right now is phenomenal, plus she relishes the attention and seems to have enormous balance in her life. Again, I may not be a huge fan, but she deserves everything coming her way at the moment. I have a feeling those who are finding fault with her these days are just expressing sour grapes.

Callie20
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:42 PM
this is another subject but some of serena's clothes are really pushing it.

i mean she has a great body but i think sometimes less may be more...

like compare what she wore to the NAACP Awards to what Venus wore.

Venus was classic and stylish and Serena's outfit was over the top I think. :confused: :wavey:

Why are you having an issue with her clothes, that’s irrelevant? I though that you were discussing her attitude, which I think is just great. She should continue to have confidence in herself, all great players in every sport have, and so what's wrong with Serena having a little confidence? :rolleyes:

Hendouble
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:59 PM
Julius Caesar. Although if we were to take the word of the Asterix books as gospel, that should really be amended to "I came, I saw and I conquered all except one tiny little Gaulish village stuck out on the Brittany peninsula."

Hendouble
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:05 PM
Don't worry, I'm not a fan of either of them but I don't find much to fault with Serena's on-court attitude. Although anyone who thinks that her mouthing the word "bitch" at her opponent is a particularly endearing quality has obviously got a screw loose somewhere.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:03 AM
Now I know someone aint up in here trying to compare Serena's personality and on and off court attitude to Jennifer's.. LMAO.

Like did you watch the Nasdaq finals?? That match shows just who was clam cool and confident and who was bitchy and out of control. face it Jen's attitude sucks on the court. I also don't think Serena will get herself kicked off the FED CUP team either. Get that head out of they ass.. please.:)
Oh yawn. Read what I actually wrote, reply to that, and then I'll get back to you. I have no idea what the hell this ramble is.

anton
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:43 AM
It was just a question. Serena's own Mom, Brandi Williams said that she thinks Serena is over the top sometimes and that she doesn't like some of the clothes she wears.

I think it's ok not to like everything Serena does. I don't like everything Venus does.

love ya serena, but venus is gonna take you out :wavey:

c2
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:51 AM
The above dumbsh** response by Dawn Marie is exactly why I don't read her gibberish anymore. Ignored --whooossh-- don't even see it thank god. What does dawn's diharrea of the mouth have to do with this topic? The topic is SERENA and I agree with Jem- there is very little to fault (nothing actually) about Serena these days. She is pretty much flawless on and off court and anyone trying to stir the shi*, DAWN, has an axe to grind, you mouthbreather.