PDA

View Full Version : A new book about Venus and Serena

selesfan1
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:33 PM
I don't know if it's really new but on Saturday I went to Barnes and Noble they have a bok called Venus adn Serena my years as a hitting partner the guy' name is David........ and he was thir hitting partner from 1995-1999 I think. It was interesting the parts I read. It has a lot ofunseen pics. What baffles me is he called himself their coach in a lot of the book

HAIL-VENUS
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:05 AM
Kool, I'll have to check it out. I've been sorta waiting for a little behind the scenes insight on V&S from somebody who's outside the family. Were there any kind of juicy tid bits?

vs1
Apr 1st, 2003, 04:08 AM
This book came out two years ago at the 2001 US Open. It's by Dave Rineberg, who was their hitting coach for several years. It has some interesting tidbits and is a pretty good book overall. Their relationship ended a bit strange, but you can tell that he has a real tender spot in his heart for both Venus and Serena. He seems like a good guy, and I think that overall, he enjoyed his gig with the queen and princess. It's worth a read. As always, it's important to keep in mind that it's one perspective.