PDA

View Full Version : Question: Where to go on an exchange year?

possie
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:53 PM
Hi everyone :wavey: . I know this is not tennis related, but I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on my question....

For Jan to Dec 2004 I want to do an overseas exchange. Where should I go?

I'm an Aussie. I want to learn another language. I have thought about going to Canada, and Holland or somewhere else in Europe (not the UK though).

I can only currently speak English. What do you think would be a good second language to learn?

I would love to hear from you all....any experiences you have had travelling etc. any thoughts, opinions.

Thanks, :kiss: :kiss: Anne -xxx-

oggie
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:55 PM
Go to Canada. Montreal is beautifull, Toronto is lots of fun, and people are very friendly.

possie
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:58 PM
Are you Canadian Oggie?

I do really want to go, but Canada is very similar to Australia (in terms of people, lifestyle etc.) Some of my friends have said I should go somewhere different.

Tennis Fool
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:01 AM
[
I can only currently speak English. What do you think would be a good second language to learn?

American ;) Ha Ha. Just kidding :p

Also, they speak English in Canada, unless you're thinking Quebec. Do you really want to go somewhere cold, though?!!

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:02 AM
Spain or Mexico :-)

possie
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:04 AM
[

American ;) Ha Ha. Just kidding :p

Also, they speak English in Canada, unless you're thinking Quebec. Do you really want to go somewhere cold, though?!!

LOL...I was thinking the french speaking areas.

Sam L
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:19 AM
How about Germany? Two of my friends (well actually three now, although he only did an internship) went there for exchange and all loved it. They said it was really expensive there but maybe that's just up to the person.

oggie
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:21 AM
I am Canadian possie. Also, if you come to Canada, I can personally show you some of the best we have to offer. However, you would have better time coming in summer, but oh well.

Gowza
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:21 AM
how about hawaii or fiji?

DutchieGirl
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:14 AM
Holland would probably be a good choice also. Dutch is a difficult language at first, but the up side is that most Dutcxh people do speak English, so if you get in a fix, they are still usually helpful! ;) Plus the lifestyles there are quite different than ours (yes, I'm an Aussie). You are so lucky to be able to do an exchange! I wanted to do that so much!

Rtael
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:19 AM
Germany =P