PDA

View Full Version : Damn! Schnyder ousted from a Tier IV event

TeeRexx
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:33 PM
Patty Schnyder was eliminated from the Sarisota event in a three set math to Cargill and Patty continues to skid downwards.
Patty has not been the same since her association with Mr. Orange Juice and this is like watching the demise of one of the most talented pure players since Hingis.

Patty lost weight and seemed to be getting her game together last year, but things went bad for her.

The season is still young and I hope that this talented lefty can, once again, get her game back together.

tennisIlove09
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:37 PM
:eek: Wow, hope she's better for Charleston

Buitenzorg
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:41 PM
:eek: Patty ! What happen with u ?

-Sonic-
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:43 PM
Oh dear... :(

She must be very annoyed :(

kournikovafan13
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:57 PM
Ansley :D :bounce: fantastic win

Volcana
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:58 PM
Actually, I though that last year (Post OJ) Patty regained EXACTLY the form that got her into the top ten. The tour's a little deeper, so she stalled in the #10-#15 range.

vs1
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:01 AM
Oh wow! Maybe she wasn't that motivated today. Sometimes, you get caught in an early round. Maybe she wasn't expecting Ansley to bring it on like she did!

Patty is too talented to lose on clay in the first round of a Tier IV! Good win for Ansley, but maybe this is the wake-up call Patty needs to get it together for Charleston! She's got lots of points to defend there!!!

Cariaoke
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:24 AM
WOW! Major win for Ansley! Congrats, girl! :bounce:

As for Patty... :sad: ... get yourself together! Tier IV? :o Oh Patty, Patty, Patty... *shakes head*

TeeRexx
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:25 AM
It is sad to see a talented player begin to skid down for no real apparent reason.

I hope she gets it together.

CJ07
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:29 AM
well shes been struggling with injury
maybe shes just not 100% yet

Mr. Man
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:40 AM
Schnyder Falls in Opening Round at Sarasota Open

SportsTicker

SARASOTA, Fla. (March 31) -- Third seed Patty Schnyder of Switzerland was ousted by American Ansley Cargill on Monday from the opening round of the Sarasota Open clay-court tennis event.

Schnyder fell, 6-4, 2-6, 6-4, for her third straight defeat. She has lost six of her last nine matches.

Cargill, a 21-year-old wild card entrant, improved to just 5-8 in main draw matches during her career.

No. 7 Nathalie Dechy of France was the only seeded player in action Monday. Dechy, who won her first career singles title at Gold Coast in January, dispatched Denisa Chladkova of the Czech Republic, 6-4, 6-2.

Also, Marie-Gaianeh Mikaelian of Switzerland got past Daja Bedanova of the Czech Republic, 3-6, 6-4, 6-2, and Thailand's Tamarine Tanasugarn beat 18-year-old American Shenay Perry, 7-6 (7-2), 6-2.

Jelena Dokic of Yugoslavia is the top seed and defending champion. Dokic snapped a four-match losing streak at the Nasdaq-100 Open last week and reached the quarterfinals.

Alexandra Myskina of Russia is seeded second. Ai Sugiyama of Japan, Elena Dementieva of Russia, Israel's Anna Pistolesi and last year's runner-up Tatiana Panova of Russia round out the eight seeds.

First prize at this Tier IV tournament is $22,000.

03-31-03 19:18 ET

Produced by SportsLine

:rolleyes: But good win for Ansley!

DutchieGirl
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:04 AM
Sorry, but I don't think this really means much. Patty had ALWAYS been an up and down player (even before Harnecker). It's a pity she lost, and I hope she can do well in the coming weeks, coz she has some big points coming off soon, but she's still top 20 at the moment, and I'm very happy with that! :D

Jericho
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:19 AM
Alexandra Myskina of Russia is seeded second.

:o

SM
Apr 1st, 2003, 04:32 AM
Ansley moves very well which is always good on clay and on her forehand can be more aggressive than Patty. I just think she caught her on an off day and really stepped it up so congrats to Ansley!!!!!!

i agree with sarah that this loss doesnt mean much....it was a close match and if it were a whitewash i would be worrrried cos Patty has always been up and down. The only worry is lately its been more down than up with her losing 6 of last 9 matches.

vs1
Apr 1st, 2003, 05:05 AM
Alexandra Myskina of Russia is seeded second.

Seriously, everyone confuses Alexandra Stevenson with her mother's name (Samantha). And now they are calling Myskina Alexandra. Whatever! Can't they get it right?! :rolleyes:

caramel
Apr 1st, 2003, 05:40 AM
What the hell happend to Patty?! Oh well , Iīm kinda happy for Ansley though. :bounce:

matthias
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:40 AM
it was her first match since her injury. and maybe she isnīt 100% okay
we will see what she is doing in charlsotn, but one 1st round loss is not a drama

Chance
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:51 AM
Is Cargill really 21? I thought she was only 18 .. Hopefully Patty has more fire next week.

switz
Apr 1st, 2003, 08:14 AM
it doesn't matter. patty is not really in a slump in my opinion, she has 8 wins 8 losses and she was injured a few weeks ago. the slump for patty was from 1999 to 2001 when she dropped to below 50 in the rankings. she is still ranked 13 now, so i am happy. people have to stop analysing patty's game trying to figure out why she is playing badly, because this is just the way patty plays tennis. one day she will struggle against a player like cargill and then the next day or week she will be taking top 5 players out with apparent ease. i used to get myself all fired up when patty lost, but now i just don't care, because i know that next week she could be back. she really is the marcelo rios of the women's tour in my opinion, although i am sure she is a lot nicer.

Dava
Apr 1st, 2003, 08:55 AM
Patty is very up and down at the momment, especially after winning Zurich. She SHOULD have beaten Dani in AO and SHOULD have beaten Kim in Antwerp but failed to do so! But she can beat Davenport from match point down, and nearly take Venus to a third set as well. Whats up with that. Anyway she better do well next week or her ranking will really fall.

Tennisfan-Mtl
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:18 AM
Patty :(

bis2806
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:43 AM
i think it's because widjaja and cargill are on the rise..... (widjaja beat her in IW i think)

Harju.
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:46 AM
i think it's because widjaja and cargill are on the rise..... (widjaja beat her in IW i think)
lmao

But Congrats Ansley :D

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:12 PM
Oh Patty, you're so weird :(

I think she got back to pre-OJ form last year, but the girl's a fruitcake. This is the woman who once dedicated a title win to her dead cat, remember. If she doesn't feel like showing up for a match... she doesn't.

leslie
Apr 1st, 2003, 08:18 PM
Is this the same Patty who beat Serena last year? Another Fluke.