PDA

View Full Version : Jana Novotna & Monica Seles

Infiniti2001
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:14 PM
will play doubles against Venus and Serena Williams at the OWL Foundation Exhibition on Saturday in Naples Florida... I was just watching my local news when this was announced... All the money raised will benefit the kids in the Naples and Fort Myers( my city) area :bounce: :bounce:

AjdeNate!
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:15 PM
Go Monica & Jana!!

CJ07
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:26 PM
I think it will be Serena/Monica vs. Venus/Jana

Jana Novotna?
Thats the best they could do? (with her being retired and everything)
Serena/Monica shoud win easily
good to hear Monica's healthy

AjdeNate!
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:26 PM
Jana's a terrific doubles player!

tyk101
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:45 PM
do u have the webpage?
so is monica def playin/

spencercarlos
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:42 PM
I think it will be Serena/Monica vs. Venus/Jana

Jana Novotna?
Thats the best they could do? (with her being retired and everything)
Serena/Monica shoud win easily
good to hear Monica's healthy
Seems you never saw Novotna in doubles.
Depending on how Jana is playing they actually beat Serena/Monica. Monica is not a good doubles player. At least not amiong the very bests. She can do decently.

-Sonic-
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:52 PM
I never got to see Jana live :(

ktwtennis
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:38 AM
Monica is actually deceptively good in doubles...

CJ07
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:02 AM
For someone who never goes to net, and never plays doubles, shes a very good doubles player actually

selesfan
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:59 AM
Monica & Serena! I'd love to see them play together. :)

rfs1999
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:04 AM
Go Monica!

doloresc
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:27 PM
lucky you! have a wonderful time!

Tennis: Serena to play charity in Naples

Saturday, January 25, 2003

Daily News staff

Serena Williams, the world's No. 1-ranked women's tennis player, is coming to Naples in early April to play a charity exhibition at the Naples Bath & Tennis Club on Airport-Pulling Road.

Williams will be pitted against Monica Seles and the event will be open to the public.

A large turnout is expected for the one-day affair and a temporary stadium that will seat 4,000 will be erected on-site at the NBTC.

Members of the Naples Bath & Tennis Club were notified Friday that the benefit would take place on April 5.

The event is being put together by Serena's mother. Full details of the benefit will be revealed in Naples on Feb. 4.

Proceeds will benefit the OWL Foundation. The Oracene Williams Learning Foundation was started to encourage interest in eduction and to fun programs that address learning problems of individual who are experiencing academic failure.

The Foundation's mission is to ensure that every child is treated as an individual and provided the opportunity to learn.

Tickets are not yet for sale.

In addition to the singles exhibition, tentative plans call for Venus Williams to join in for doubles with another player still be be determined.

Jakub
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:39 PM
Monica playing great :D

Glenn
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:42 PM
Oh my god! Jana! :D :D :D
Go Jana and Venus! :)

Dava
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:30 PM
WOW JANA!!, I would love to see that exhibition, I hope it raises lots of cash for OWL!!

Infiniti2001
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:37 PM
Tickets are not yet for sale.

heheh!! :cool: Then why am I in possession of 4 which arrived via snail mail yesterday??? :eek:

Dava
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:46 PM
Do you think OWL will have to change its name to OPL now Orecene is no going under Price.

Sammm
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:46 PM
Monica is a good dubs player. She and Martina- a scratch partnership- beat V & S in a great match.

moby
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:47 PM
Janaaaaaa!

doloresc
Apr 1st, 2003, 04:10 PM
heheh!! :cool: Then why am I in possession of 4 which arrived via snail mail yesterday??? :eek:

sorry about that. the article was from january so even novotna's participation wasn't known at the time. enjoy yourself and please file a report. :)

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2003, 05:31 PM

*jealous* grrrr

You're going to have such a great time... Jana! :hearts: and Venus :hearts:

Go Jana and Venus, show 'em what doubles is really all about.

spencercarlos
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:03 PM
Monica is a good dubs player. She and Martina- a scratch partnership- beat V & S in a great match.
For sure Seles is a good doubles player, i just was saying "decent" because she has never been to the finals of a grand slam in doubles. But she and Martina did a very good couple, actually Martina Hingis could partner with lots of players and win slams.

Seles bests Slams in doubles i think were with Mary Joe Usopen 99 and 2001 Australian Open with Hingis reaching quarters and semis respectively.

Compared to Jana who won tons of slams in doubles and Jana´s game is just perfect for doubles.