PDA

View Full Version : Does SERENA own VENUS???

c2
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:32 PM
Based on the results, you have to say yes :p :wavey:

Tratree
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:43 PM
Yeah, Serena totally dominates Venus. You really can't call it a rivalry at all. Serena has won FIVE matches in a row against Venus and only one of those went to three sets. There is NO hope of Venus ever beating Serena again. Why doesn't Venus just give up ;)

p.s. Logical fans will know this was done as a parody.

MarcusRock
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:50 PM
I didn't know selesrules had a prodigy in c2.

Hulet
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:51 PM
LOL. My thoughts exactly.

Pamela Shriver
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:53 PM
Does SERENA own VENUS???

Not unless she bought her at auction and got a Certificate of Authenticity.

Mr. Man
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:53 PM
Obviously Serena owns Venus.

kell
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:50 PM
No players ever OWNS any other player. Serena doesn't OWN Venus. Venus is quite capable of beating her, she just needs to work on her game.

selesfan
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:01 AM

LMAO! :)

BasicTennis
Apr 1st, 2003, 04:08 AM
Serena owns everybody.;)

SerialKiller#69
Apr 1st, 2003, 04:59 AM
agree with the post above mine.

anton
Apr 1st, 2003, 05:09 AM
:rolleyes: no.

LucasArg
Apr 1st, 2003, 05:10 AM
not at all. The last time they played it went to 3 tough sets :rolleyes:

OWNS is not the word :rolleyes:

BasicTennis
Apr 1st, 2003, 05:14 AM
not at all. The last time they played it went to 3 tough sets :rolleyes:

OWNS is not the word :rolleyes:

DOMINATES is the right word.:o

CJ07
Apr 1st, 2003, 05:14 AM
Serena is inside Venus' head
but she doesnt own her

Dava
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:11 AM
I think Venus does not believe she can beat her. V should have won the AO, cos Serena played crap in the second and third set, and V chocked trying to serve to stay in it.

anton
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:34 AM
right, venus' game fell apart which is what happens to her whenever she plays serena.

Venus will need to get it together soon!! :confused:

but i think venus will beat sereni the next time they play :wavey:

Gowza
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:36 AM
i think the problem is with venus herself rather than serena causing it. if the reason doesn't matter then serena owns venus but if you take the reason then i would say no serena doesn't own venus.

anton
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:39 AM
venus plays too safe or makes errors too much.

she hits winners but she needs to do it more.

1jackson2001
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:33 AM
Isn't their head to head record 7-5 in Serena's favor or something like that? I wouldn't call that owning..

BasicTennis
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:37 AM
Isn't their head to head record 7-5 in Serena's favor or something like that? I wouldn't call that owning..

it sure appears close but then Venus started with 5-1 record against Serena and to be surpassed in a consecutive fashion is just amazing. :worship:

moby
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:39 AM
"own" is a very subjective word.

unless a player loses 2 and 2 or worse 90% of the time the play, i wouldnt call it owning.

CJ07
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:21 PM
The thing is, Venus used to play not all that bad against Rena
in the 2001 Us Open final she only hit 19 UE

c2
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:34 PM
Not that bad??? She's lost like 5 or 6 straight to Serena in the last year... I would call that "owning" for sure :rolleyes:

bandabou
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:45 PM
The reason it seems like it's owning is that they have been meeting mostly in finals and Serena just doesn't lose in finals!! Look at her finals record: 22-6, including 5-1 in slam finals!! Compare this to Capriati's: 13-15 record. That means that once Serena reaches the finals it's over and she has no intention of losing!! She isn't like Hingis who blows away the field early on and then loses in finals!!

Venus sure has the game to beat Serena, but Serena is just so mentally though that she just wont accept defeat! Look at what happened at the Oz open. First set. After Venus broke Serena due to a bad line call and was serving for the first set at 5-4, Serena returns a 120 mph FIRST SERVE without puss pass bam for a winner!! That shows u that sometimes it ain't about the other player being bad, but that sometimes one player just WONT lose!

catkey94
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:05 PM
It is impossible for another player to "own" another player. As long as both players are healthy the tables can always be turned. We tend to forget that using the same definition of being "owned", that Serena was once "owned" by Jennifer Capriati and Venus. Serena turned the tides to get on a winning streak with them, but the tables could be changed at anytime and Serena could be on the losing side again.

tctennis
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:12 PM
Obviously Serena owns Venus. It used to be vice a versa until little sis changed the tide. The French Open should include another butt whuppin for big sis!!