PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see some Cappy support from non-fans for a change!

Jakeev
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:25 PM
I am glad to see that some non-Cappy fans have come out and shown some support for her since some of the usual jackasses, who shall remain nameless, are trying to bring her down again.

My biggest beef about this place is the hypocrisy: fans relentless to support their own faves but only to bring down someone else's in the process.

That just drives me crazy. But in a rather nasty thread about Jenny, that is beginning to get old mind you, many came out and made the poster look like the usual imbeccile.

No offense to the imbeccile. He is a great supporter of his favorite players. But I think people are tiring of his tirades against Capriati and I am glad they are supporting her for a change.

For that............ :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

AjdeNate!
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:28 PM
We are on the same wavelength here!!!!

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:31 PM
Wow...Miracles happen all the time :-)
But seriously, I sense a change in Capriati, and I liked her initially anyway. If she can have a new attitude, so can I. I will continue to root for her as long as she isn't playing the "sisters whose name shall not be said".

But seriously, I hope she can win a decent tourny in the near future :-)

Hendouble
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:32 PM
Well, as I mentioned on the thread itself, it isn't hard to dispute with someone who has called me a neo-Nazi on here in the past, but having said that I take your point.

Cariaoke
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:55 PM
Well it's not that I've hated Cappy since she was born, particularly since she's older than me but uh, anyway, her comeback story was great! Then she started talking about my faves in press conferences and then my like for her waned. I see that she's made an effort to be less negative and complimentary to my faves as well as other players. In short, she's grown up a bit and I don't hold grudges too long.

jenny161185
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:56 PM
ive seen the same thing and im happy because usually when you talk about jen or stick up for her somebody goes on about her being slow and past her prime

Mase
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:57 PM
Im with you, it is very nice to see people acknowledging that Cappy has changed her recentley..... Im actually glad to see it myself as a fan. It sucks when you favroite player is seen to be such a bitch, all that does is take away from how people view her game, which of course is excellent. Good for you Jenn, we love ya!! :)

Shane54
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:57 PM
No offense to the imbeccile. He is a great supporter of his favorite players. But I think people are tiring of his tirades against Capriati and I am glad they are supporting her for a change.

Jakeev you are too funny :p
And you are right that poster is an imbeccile. And overly obsessed with Miss Capriati.

Lita's Ex
Mar 31st, 2003, 08:04 PM
I'm not surprised at all that fans of other players supported Jenn during the final because, in general, she's more popular than Serena with the media and with tennis fans, particularly in the United States. It all stems from Jenn's dramatic history with tennis (being a phenom, having personal problems, etc), and as a Serena fan, I accept that fact. I think any time she faces either Serena or Venus, the crowd will mostly root for her because they like her explosive game but also there's a certain sentimentality connected to Jenn and the sport of tennis and the spectators recognize that.

Shane54
Mar 31st, 2003, 08:09 PM
I'm not surprised at all that fans of other players supported Jenn during the final because, in general, she's more popular than Serena with the media and with tennis fans, particularly in the United States. It all stems from Jenn's dramatic history with tennis (being a phenom, having personal problems, etc), and as a Serena fan, I accept that fact. I think any time she faces either Serena or Venus, the crowd will mostly root for her because they like her explosive game but also there's a certain sentimentality connected to Jenn and the sport of tennis and the spectators recognize that.

Very classy post! Serena is very talented. I admire her ability to not take the "bait" from the media to badmouth other players. From this week it seems as though Jennifer is learning too and I hope she continues :)

SueBarker
Mar 31st, 2003, 08:44 PM
JenRockz! Anyone who has won the French Open, just like me must be fantastic.

Hulet
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:05 PM
Yes, it's nice when non-fan posters defend players - I just hope such a nicety (sp?) will be extended to a certain "sisters whose name shall not be said", to copy the words of one of the posters here.

SJW
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:14 PM
while i also was a sucker for her comeback story and no-one wanted her to do better than me, i must admit this time last year i wasnt the biggest Capriati fan.

no actually the worst was at the end of 01. she made me hate her! the bitchin the swearing the aggression.

and then as i grew up i saw these were the qualities about her i loved most. she was a player i LOVED to hate, but also HATED to love. i just didnt think a Serena/Williams fan should like Capriati

now shes one of my favourite players, i love her forehand, her never say die attitude and her rivalry with Serena (as long as Serena wins, of course ;))

i dont know why she insists on calming down..."mad Jennifer" is the best Jennifer out there :rolleyes: the way she channels her anger is the best thing ever

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:16 PM
Over the last few weeks Cappy has suddenly become one of my favorite players. For some reason only now am I REALLY appreciating her game...

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:18 PM
Hmmm. must be something in the air :-)

SW I agree- She has got a wonderful forehand on the run :-)

DunkMachine
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:14 PM
I am glad to see that some non-Cappy fans have come out and shown some support for her since some of the usual jackasses, who shall remain nameless, are trying to bring her down again.

My biggest beef about this place is the hypocrisy: fans relentless to support their own faves but only to bring down someone else's in the process.

That just drives me crazy. But in a rather nasty thread about Jenny, that is beginning to get old mind you, many came out and made the poster look like the usual imbeccile.

For that............ :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Man that is really sad. I allmost drew a tear.

So sad so sad. :sad:

Jakeev
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:57 PM
the skunk machine has spoken...........(i am saying that with a close pin on my nose hehehe)

Jakeev
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:58 PM
Funny thing is ets psi is I see more people on her that diss Jenny than they ever to the sisters............

DunkMachine
Apr 1st, 2003, 05:41 AM
No that ain't me, you're smelling the bullshit that you've been eating. http://www.smilies.nl/rough/twak.gif

Jakeev
Apr 1st, 2003, 05:44 AM
Your stinking up the place again skunk machine........there's surgery available for your problem............ :kiss: