PDA

View Full Version : Is Propangda Really Proper?

AjdeNate!
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:23 PM
I just continually see threads that seem to say:
My favorite is the best, and I'm going to sprew rehtoric and bend statitics until I bash you over the enough times that you finally believe me. And if you put up resistance, I'm gonna call you names and start negative propaganda on your favorite.

I'm just thinking, if that's your mission in life - what happens when everyone in the world claims your favorite as theirs? Have you succeded or is that not enough?

Anyone can bend numbers and slant stats to make something look desirable to their particular view.

Lita's Ex
Mar 31st, 2003, 08:28 PM
I just continually see threads that seem to say:
My favorite is the best, and I'm going to sprew rehtoric and bend statitics until I bash you over the enough times that you finally believe me. And if you put up resistance, I'm gonna call you names and start negative propaganda on your favorite.

I'm just thinking, if that's your mission in life - what happens when everyone in the world claims your favorite as theirs? Have you succeded or is that not enough?

Anyone can bend numbers and slant stats to make something look desirable to their particular view.

I know what you're saying and I agree with it but your propaganda description fits the profile of fans of many sports. Remember that fan is short for fanatic so some people will always take it a little too far. Do I want my favorite to win everything? Absolutely. Is it the end of the world if he/she/they don't? Absolutely not. I know for some people it's difficult but everyone needs to try and taking trash talk in stride. Even if you yourself don't trash talk I'm sure everyone knows at least one person that does. For sports, it comes with the territory.

irma
Mar 31st, 2003, 08:33 PM
sometimes propaganda is good;)

exactly a year ago I started a serena will win the french propaganda on cnn and she what it lead too.

I have so say I didn't bash other players though. I was defending against the bashing;)

this year I start a kim will win the french propaganda :bounce:

so I announce now Kim will win the french this year :bounce:

Hulet
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:32 PM
sometimes propaganda is good;)

exactly a year ago I started a serena will win the french propaganda on cnn and she what it lead too.

I have so say I didn't bash other players though. I was defending against the bashing;)

this year I start a kim will win the french propaganda :bounce:

so I announce now Kim will win the french this year :bounce:
LOL.

I kind of remember your "propaganda" from CNNSI (No, I wasn't a poster there, just a lurker). You got ridiculed by a certain David-R if I am not mistaken. Of course, in the end, you were proven right.:)

Spirit
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:58 PM
Ah, but Irma, you were trying for a certain outcome by posting a steady stream of information about the future. That's called being "prescient," "influential," "hopeful," or -- in some cases -- "naive."

"Propoganda" is when people post a steady stream of information in an effort to change the past.