PDA

View Full Version : Whos read Venus Envy?

Dava
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:45 PM
This has probably been discused loads of times, but who here has read it, ITS FANATASTIC I love reading it especially on the train. I just want to see what people think of it.

I like the insight to the tour plus all that useless information about the WTA which I will remember instead of something more important. I also like the interviews with the players.

Nimi
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:47 PM
It's pretty nice but the guy is really biased towards Venus & against AnnaK

Dava
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:48 PM
It's pretty nice but the guy is really biased towards Venus & against AnnaK

Yeah I think the way he slags Anna off is the worst thing about the book, he really does not like her!

vs1
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:51 PM
I read it when it first came out, so it's been a while, but I really enjoyed it. I didn't know too much about the lives of WTA players, so it was a fascinating insight into all that goes on. It gave me a glimpse into the human side of the tour. I really enjoyed it. After reading it, it made following the tournaments a lot more interesting. I wish that I could tag along on the tour for a year and get access to all of the players! That would be a dream come true for me!!! :lick:

raquel
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:02 PM
Venus Envy is a great book, but Ladies Of The Court was better IMO. Its about ten years older but it tackles some of the real issues on the tour as well as the gossip. Venus Envy deals more with the gossip but still really enjoyable.

Helen Lawson
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:06 PM
If you follow tennis closely, nothing new is in Venus Envy. Also, it is about the 2000 season, it is a little dated today, sort of like Neely's act. ;)

My autobiography entitled "The Extraordinary Life and Talent of Helen Lawson: The Entertainer with the Green Thumb" is much better.

auntie janie
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:07 PM
I enjoyed Venus Envy a lot! It's a quick and fun read for tennis fans. :D

Spirit
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:09 PM
Would highly recommend Venus Envy.

Dava
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:13 PM
is there a sequel coming out to Venus Envy? Does anyone know?

Pamela Shriver
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:16 PM
Its a good book, but only the bits mentioning me

SueBarker
Mar 31st, 2003, 08:41 PM
I'm not in it at all. The sequel will be called 'Sue Envy'. I think that's a really catchy title. It'll sell bucket-loads!

Consistency
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:37 PM
The sequel......Serena Envy

Pamela Shriver
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:51 PM
The sequel will be called 'Sue Envy'

I think the sequel should be called "Pam Rockz - The Story of a Tennis Legend and the PamsPeople Champion"

Ryan
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:53 PM
I loved the book. :D I wish it would talk about what happened after the US open regarding the tournies, but I guess not much happened then.;) Really good writing from Wertheim, and I didn't find him too biased to/against Venus or Anna.

ys
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:04 PM
I bought it recently in a dollar store, couldn't resist.. But haven't had time for it yet..