PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay in Amelia Island

tennisIlove09
Mar 31st, 2003, 08:20 AM
Does everyone realize that Amelia Island will be Lindsay's first clay event since 2000?

2001 she missed from Miami to Wimbledon
2002 she missed from Chase to Bank of West Classic

Wonder how she will do on clay for the first time in 3 years

ßcoene
Mar 31st, 2003, 08:24 AM
I didn't realize no.

Thanks for the info. It will be interesting to see how she will do.

Maajken
Mar 31st, 2003, 08:47 AM
yup i knew ;)

i hope she can win a match or 2 :)

BasicTennis
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:02 AM
She's way lighter now, so she may not "sink" in clay now.;)

1jackson2001
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:08 AM
C'mon Lindsay, you can do it. :)

mn73
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:34 AM
Has she decided not to play Charleston then?

selesfan
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:46 AM
Did she officially enter?

ktwtennis
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:22 AM
Yeah, she hasn't even entered yet...

per4ever
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:36 AM
I hope she meets Justine, so Juju can make their h2h more even ;)

King Lindsay
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:44 AM
Who knows if she'll play? Don't forget, she was scheduled to play Amelia and charleston in 2000, 2001, and 2002 before injury intervened, and it may have done so again. I wouldn't be surprised if she skips both with her hamstring problem that she suffered in Miami.

King Aaron
Mar 31st, 2003, 01:46 PM
She's way lighter now, so she may not "sink" in clay now.;)
Lol.

I hope she plays though just to see where she is on clay now.

GoDominique
Mar 31st, 2003, 02:24 PM
Lindsay should realize that playing too much on hard-court might be one reason for her injuries.
Even if she doesn't like the clay-season, she shouldn't have to skip it every damn season just because of injuries.

King Lindsay
Mar 31st, 2003, 02:51 PM
I'm sure she does realize that, just like every other player. But what would you have her do? not play on her best surface?

King Aaron
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:00 PM
Play less on her best surface? Is she playing the least possible tournaments now? I don't really recall.

King Lindsay
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:02 PM
She's playing exactly the same events she always plays, health permitting.

King Aaron
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:07 PM
Oh okay. Than there's not much she can cut down really.

King Lindsay
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:10 PM
i think at this point in her career, nagging injuries, like the one she suffered in Miami (let's hope it's just nagging), are going to happen no matter what. She just needs to give it adequate rest when she does get one.

King Aaron
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:14 PM
True, true. I'm sure those nagging injury doesn't really bother her as much as it used too since the surgery.

GoDominique
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:19 PM
I don't know. I only know it's the same every year.

But she should NOT play Scottsdale AND Indian Wells AND Miami.
And it's obviously not hurting Serena to skip IW.

IMO many players schedule much smarter than Lindsay.

King Lindsay
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:37 PM
Well, you're offering criticism, and then saying you don't have a better idea. But I agree with you in part. I didn't think it was ever going to happen that she would play Scottsdale, Indian Wells, Miami, Amelia Island and Charleston without encountering some sort of injury problem. If i were her, I would stay with the Scottsdale-IW-Miami trio and dump the two clay events in favour of playing the larger European Tier Ones in May. But Lindsay would obviously prefer to stay in the States over travelling to europe any day.

GoDominique
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:58 PM
Well, I have some ideas (saying 'I don't know' was a bit careless). But in reality of course all depends on what Lindsay wants.

To avoid injuries as good as possible, she should skip IW. Or Scottdale. Or Miami. In fact she should never play 3 events in a row.
She *should* play more on clay. She will never do that of course. She should at least play one European event, Rome or Berlin. She isn't committed to any of these right ? Why ?

joaco
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:11 PM
Lindsay should realize that playing too much on hard-court might be one reason for her injuries.
Even if she doesn't like the clay-season, she shouldn't have to skip it every damn season just because of injuries.

Can you blame her for that? :rolleyes: :eek: She's always been injured this time of the year for the past 3 ones. It's not like she does it on purpose. Yeah, it's not her best surface but it's not like she hats it. Besides, she used to say the same thing about Wimbledon before she won it, so..... you never know

Joaco

King Lindsay
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:22 PM
Godominique, if playing three weeks in row is such a problem for her, how come she handles the Stanford/San Diego/LA swing admirably nearly every year? Also, Scottsdale/IW/Miami is actually more than three weeks, so the California swing is actually tougher, one would think.

I would guess she's not committed to the euro events because she honestly does not care to be there. I'd like to see her play them too, but that's a pipe dream, I think.