PDA

View Full Version : Sarisota, a Tier IV, can Anna make it to the finals?

TeeRexx
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:44 AM
Earlier this year I thought this was a tournament that Anna could possibly win, but based on her play this year and especially the firepower that this event has drawn, I am doubting that Anna can make it to the third round.

If Anna makes it past her first round opponent, she could possibly face Panova, a quality player and dangerous for Anna, plus Dokic is also in her half. So now it is looking grim for Anna to comfortably play through a Tier IV event.

But, despite these obstacles, Anna is still highly promoted at all of the events that she plays.

Dava
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:49 AM
Sarasota organizers are probably laughing themselves all the way to the bank after some of the names which have come here. Yes it will be tough for Anna, but if she is as inconsistant as normal the she could beat Iva, or even Ai (she beat Ai in Shanghai which suprised even me), and we all know how close to Dokic she got in San Diego. I think she just needs to remain positive and it will work out ok, I hope. Good Luck to Her, she needs it.

ßcoene
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:50 AM
She is lacking matches so I don't think she will be confident enough on the court.

But if she plays at her best, wich is almost impossible in her second tournemant after injury, she could make the final.

Gowza
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:54 AM
to put it one way, she can beat eveyone in the tournament but being in her current situation it will be hard for her.

BasicTennis
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:59 AM
i could only wish anna the best of luck.:angel:

switz
Mar 31st, 2003, 08:07 AM
anna ain't winning this tournament. she can't even get a set of a struggling safina, so how the well will she beat majoli (2002 Charleston Champion/FR Open Champ), sugiyama or martinez (multiple FR Finalist), dokic (top 10 player), patty (we all know what she can do on green clay) etc. i would really like to see anna playing well here, but lets face the reality, ANNA IS NOT GOING TO WIN ANYTHING FOR A LONG TIME. at her best she couldn't win a tournament, and at her current form i reckon she will be lucky to beat an error-proned majoli

propi
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:23 AM
Anna has a lot of talent, so she could win it and anything, her problem is inside her head

Nimi
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:18 AM
Anna sure can. I mean, she already won 6 other titles, 4 of them last year ;)

irma
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:30 AM
she can? yes of course
if she will? I doubt it. if she gets her form back. she might reach the semis or final and then give a pathetic performance again:(

selesfan87
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:44 AM
Dokic! In a tier IV! Panova can cause problems for Anna, she proved that at Wimbledon. Hopefuly Anna learned from that loss. That match was pretty close in the 2nd and 3rd, Anna winning the 2nd 64 and Tatiana the last 46.

SerialKiller#69
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:16 AM
i'll be ecstatic if anna surprises me. i personally think she's got no chance against majoli considering the kind of *physical* and *mental* form she's in now.

*JR*
Mar 31st, 2003, 12:36 PM
Dokic and Schnyder? What are they doing in a Tier IV?
Playing the clay "warm-up" B4 Amelia and Charleston, of course. (The same reason the Tier 3 Gold Coast often attracts players who don't normally go below Tier 2). ;)

Meesh
Mar 31st, 2003, 02:07 PM
But, despite these obstacles, Anna is still highly promoted at all of the events that she plays.

Funny thing is that Anna is not being promoted like you think.
I went Saturday and there is no mention of her at all. She is not on the program I bought, she is not on the poster. The poster has 5 or 6 pictures of players (all the same size picture) Tatiana, Jelena, Patty, Mary, and I forget the others. I thought maybe she pulled out or
maybe they are worried that she will pull out. I think she can get
past Iva but I'm not sure of the rest of them.
Jelena was practicing there already on Friday. No sitings of Anna, Iva or Mary yet.

TeeRexx
Mar 31st, 2003, 02:15 PM
Bajan - At this point, I do not believe that Anna could win even in Morocco. :)

jenny161185
Mar 31st, 2003, 04:35 PM
if anna plays her very best she could win this tournament but i doubt she will - i hope she has a good showing here though to boost her confidence