PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Martina Hingis . . .

Simplify
Mar 31st, 2003, 04:28 AM
will one day become a coach? If so, how do you think she will fare?

empiremaker03
Mar 31st, 2003, 04:36 AM
No, I don't...i think she'd rather train horses :)

spencercarlos
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:45 AM
Who knows, she knows a lot about tennis, oh boy with her size, phisically not stronger as the players she faced, she was able to outsmart them on the court lots of times.

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:50 AM
Not right now cause she is going to come back.. as soon as she stops sulking. She's burnt out and needs a mental break from the game. She'll be back though because the way she stopped suddenly suggest that it is more to do with an injury.

BasicTennis
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:50 AM
If Richard and Stefano could coach then it follows that MH can.;)

Edman
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:51 AM
actually,she is so young,so i think she may eventually go back to the court :p

you know,now the williams sisters are so powerful,so for martina,or for everyone,it's hard to beat them

i think martina also knows this point,so she said she would retire

but maybe later,once she finds tennis meaningful again ior feeling boring

she may go back to the court!! :confused:

and being a coach,i think it's impossible!

so the future can give us the answer!! :wavey:

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:57 AM
Well you don't have to be a TENNIS expert to be a great coach. If you can PREPARE two children about the REALISTIC side of the tour and PREPARE two children about the MENTAL side of tennis, then you are an excellent coach. Go on and underestimate Oracene and Richard all you want, but they are great coaches. GIVE ME ORACENE and RICHARDS's TENNIS KNOWLEDGE AND MENTAL PREP anyday over Melanie's who could not help her kid get a better serve.

no comment on Stephano.:)

BasicTennis
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:19 AM
Well you don't have to be a TENNIS expert to be a great coach. If you can PREPARE two children about the REALISTIC side of the tour and PREPARE two children about the MENTAL side of tennis, then you are an excellent coach. Go on and underestimate Oracene and Richard all you want, but they are great coaches. GIVE ME ORACENE and RICHARDS's TENNIS KNOWLEDGE AND MENTAL PREP anyday over Melanie's who could not help her kid get a better serve.

no comment on Stephano.:)

Serena learned her service game from another person and not certainly Richard.:rolleyes: maybe Venus learned it from Richard that's why she's having problem technically.:devil:

and stop being insecured Dawn because obviously, Richard & Oracene has brought up two great champions who are confident and not insecured persons like others.:o

Dava
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:22 AM
With all her court craft she could coach but I doubt she will. However she does sometimes work with Patty and Myriam so...

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:27 AM
BasicTennis, you brought up Richard and Stephano.. so maybe (you need to check yourself about insecurities).

LOL and IRONIC. This was concerning hingis and coaching.. but since you brought up Richard I felt like stating some facts. If you can't deal then don't play the card game... NEXT! :devil: :angel: :wavey:

BasicTennis
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:51 AM
what's wrong with bringing Richard & Stefano in this topic??? my only point is if guys like them who has no tennis background could coach successfully then why can't a professional tennis player like MH????:p

irma
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:33 AM
no because succesfull tennisplayers often have a too selfish attitude to be a good coach.

BasicTennis
Mar 31st, 2003, 08:27 AM
no because succesfull tennisplayers often have a too selfish attitude to be a good coach.
would this mean, Steffi will never be a tennis coach some day? :sad: