PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Capriati = Bombs Over Baghdad

Seles_Beckham
Mar 30th, 2003, 07:53 PM
In Masters Series, players have the right to enter on the court "in music". They can indeed choose a song and at the time of Masters of Miami, Andy Roddick chose the song "Born in the the USA" of Bruce Springsteen. This choice is surely in connection with the international topicality. But some were more explicit, such as for example Jennifer Capriati which chose a song of Outkast "Bombs Over Baghdad" in order to support the American troops in Iraq. The organizers hesitated to diffuse it, and they finally authorized to play part of the song just where the words were not likely to offend anybody

Seles_Beckham
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:00 PM
I just thnik that it is strange to choose such a stupid song.

AjdeNate!
I don't think anyone can even understand any of the lyrics except the Bombs over Baghdad part. It's pretty fast moving.

veryborednow
one thing you never have to worry about where capriati is concerned...faking it...
Xavier did... ;)

Xavier_Malisse
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Xavier did... ;)

:sad:

Jakeev
Takes an "expert" like DueceDiva to say Jenny is "faking it......."

Rtael
lalalala...this was posted before *winks*

Shane54
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:07 PM
It is refreshing at least to see some celebrities genuinely support the troops. Go Jenn!! Concerning Hollywood, they are all "politically correct" in saying that they support the troops, but Matt McConaghey was the only one I saw wearing red, white, and blue. Thanks Matt, and thanks Jennifer for having that USA spirit!! We love you troops!!

Cam'ron Giles
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:25 PM
It is refreshing at least to see some celebrities genuinely support the troops. Go Jenn!! Concerning Hollywood, they are all "politically correct" in saying that they support the troops, but Matt McConaghey was the only one I saw wearing red, white, and blue. Thanks Matt, and thanks Jennifer for having that USA spirit!! We love you troops!!

I AM NOT A FAN OF JENN BUT I APPLAUD HER CHOICE OF SONG... :worship:

Seles_Beckham
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:35 PM
I still continu to say that it is Stupid

Bombs over Bagdad were children and women, men INOSCENT PEOPLES get killed is not the song to chose, you can be 100% with the american troups and be for the war but think about the peoples who suffer THE MOST, they are INOSCENT.

i don't want to argue with you.
You are american and you support your trops and I don't support this war because I know what war is and I am sure that 99 % of the you DON'T KNOW what is it.

Seles_Beckham
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:42 PM
hi to you DeuceDiva

Seles_Beckham
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:45 PM
look at your reputations points

Benny
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:07 AM
Can't say I agree with it either...

Nimi
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:26 AM
SB you once again continue with your bullshit. I'm against this war but everyone can have their own opinions & as a tennis celebrity Jenn has every single right to express her opinion.