PDA

View Full Version : Agassi spanks Moya 6-3, 6-3

tennischick
Mar 30th, 2003, 04:50 PM
http://boitagifs.free.fr/images/personnages/dance5.gif http://boitagifs.free.fr/images/personnages/dance5.gif http://boitagifs.free.fr/images/personnages/dance5.gif http://boitagifs.free.fr/images/personnages/dance5.gif

Venus Forever
Mar 30th, 2003, 04:52 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

King Lindsay
Mar 30th, 2003, 04:56 PM
so can anybody tell me Andre's schedule? Does he plan on going to Atlanta? And will he finally play Monte Carlo again, just to give himself a shot at taking over #1?

Crazy Canuck
Mar 30th, 2003, 04:59 PM
so can anybody tell me Andre's schedule? Does he plan on going to Atlanta? And will he finally play Monte Carlo again, just to give himself a shot at taking over #1?
You know, I don't think that Hewitt played Monte Carlo last year either. He didn't play at least one of them, and I believe that was the one.

Crazy Canuck
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:00 PM
By the way, if Andre drops Atlanta, he'll only lose about 75 points.

That said, I really wish he'd go to Europe and play Barcelona or a tournament like that. Even Estoril would do... but he won't.

Wojtek
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Congrats Andre

per4ever
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Congrats Andre :) you rock

the cat
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Andre is amazing! But he embarrassing the rest of the ATP Tour! :eek: Where are all of the young Lions? I guess it's mating season because they are no where to be found! ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:04 PM
You know, I don't think that Hewitt played Monte Carlo last year either. He didn't play at least one of them, and I believe that was the one.

Hewitt played all 3 TMS on clay last yr
getting spanked by Carlos in two and by Marat in the final one.

and as for today :mad: :fiery: :sad: :sad: :mad: :fiery:

Roxers
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Andre :D :bounce:

King Lindsay
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Has Atlanta been taken off the schedule this year?

I don't really trust Andre to play more than 2 clay events leading into the French Open. I think his real shot at #1 will come during the grass season where Lleyton has huge points off.

tfannis
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:10 PM
http://opkikkertje.nl/smilies/dansen/dansen3tjes.gif

Tennis Fool
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Andre is amazing! But he embarrassing the rest of the ATP Tour! :eek: Where are all of the young Lions? I guess it's mating season because they are no where to be found! ;)

I guess you mean Marat (based on your old ATP avatar). Getting coach by a lakey with no experience thus going out in blazing style to qualifiers :rolleyes:

But no fear, his 2000 year started out worse, and we know where that went :worship:

jmp
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Good tournament Moya! Wishing you continued success on your come back. :D

:bounce: :bounce: Yay Andre!! :bounce: :bounce:

propi
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Moyà, clay's there waiting for your forehand!!!

harloo
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:57 PM
And they talk about soooooo much depth is on the men's tour. Well, it seems like it's either Andre of Hewitt winning most of the time. Wow alot of depth!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Predicatble, just like the womens.

Anyways, I'm glad Andre won. He is one of my fave players.

Congrats Andre!!!!! :D

mboyle
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:59 PM
And they talk about soooooo much depth is on the men's tour. Well, it seems like it's either Andre of Hewitt winning most of the time. Wow alot of depth!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Predicatble, just like the womens.

You STOLE the words right out of my mouth:p :wavey: ! This just prooves that it isn't depth on the men's tour, it is lack of a champion. Until now. Andre has really been able to step it up and play like a Champion, and look what is happening:eek: !

Mark43
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Andre is amazing. I was hoping for a bit more drama and excitment in this match, but it was a perfect ending to a great tourney (plus it was fun to park my ass in front of the tv for once this week.)

Steffi and Jaden looked so cute together when she was pointing to show him Andre on the court.

tennischick
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:11 PM
You STOLE the words right out of my mouth:p :wavey: ! This just prooves that it isn't depth on the men's tour, it is lack of a champion. Until now. Andre has really been able to step it up and play like a Champion, and look what is happening:eek: !
:sigh: here we go again...:o

OK guys, my definition of depth is when the #1 player in the world gets knocked out in the opening round in Miami by a guy who is about to retire from the tour.

and when the #2 player who is almost 33, meets in the finals not anyone in the Top 5 but a player on his way back up the ranks whose competence is normally (and unfairly) associated with a different surface (clay). that's depth whether you chose to see it that way or not.

i do think however that things are improving on the WTA. Marion Bartoli, a well-rested qualifier, actually manages to break Serena three times. Meghan spanks the #2 olayer in straights. and Dokic swallows a bagel. things are looking up! ;)

GBFH
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:16 PM
I think of depth as *who wins the title*, not *who makes the semis*. so long as potato, agassi and s. williams win the titles...no depth ;)

GBFH
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:18 PM
However...no depth isn't a bad thing. I like dominators...as long as the last name isn't Agassi or Sampras ;)

Cariaoke
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Great win 'Dre. :bounce: :D

Tennis Fool
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:21 PM
:sigh: here we go again...:o

OK guys, my definition of depth is when the #1 player in the world gets knocked out in the opening round in Miami by a guy who is about to retire from the tour.

and when the #2 player who is almost 33, meets in the finals not anyone in the Top 5 but a player on his way back up the ranks whose competence is normally (and unfairly) associated with a different surface (clay). that's depth whether you chose to see it that way or not.

i do think however that things are improving on the WTA. Marion Bartoli, a well-rested qualifier, actually manages to break Serena three times. Meghan spanks the #2 olayer in straights. and Dokic swallows a bagel. things are looking up! ;)

TC, maybe the older guys have depth in the fact that they are mentally stronger than the New Balls?

PS How do you post those special celebration smilies?

mboyle
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:23 PM
I like in when a player dominates.....AS LONG AS HE/SHE IS MY FAVORITE!:p (Go A-rod, James, A-Train, Jennifer, Monica, Maria S., Anna (like that would ever happen:o ), Lil' Kim, Jelena, Marion, and Daniela)

brickhousesupporter
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Congratulations Andre.

Good luck in 2003

tennischick
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:25 PM
...PS How do you post those special celebration smilies?
you have to have the original URL's. go to http://mysmilies.com/ for an interesting selection.

Dava
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Well done Andre but is anyone really suprised????

Shuji Shuriken
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:36 PM
great win Andre :D. If only you can convince James to win more often :rolleyes:...pick it up James :fiery:

Tennis Fool
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:37 PM
you have to have the original URL's. go to http://mysmilies.com/ for an interesting selection.

Thanks.

harloo
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Well done Andre but is anyone really suprised????

no suprise at all because

Agassi + Hewitt=ATP Domination
which means no depth. :D

Congrats Andre!!!!!

CJ07
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Carlos! :(

You played so well the other day too

gweeny
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:23 PM

I agree 100%. I said it before when some writer was talking about the depth in the ATP. I knew Agassi was most likely going to win the final. So far who have won the last big tournaments, Agassi and Hewitt. The ATP is very much like the WTA. So people who complain about how women's tennis has become so boring and predictable will find no solace by watching men's tennis.

But Guga is going to change the dominance of Hewitt and Agassi this year. ;)

selesfan87
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Did he win this tournament before. How many points did he get from winning this tournament?

aisha
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:30 PM
:worship: Damn, Dre ain't playing no games this year! I hope he can keep it up!
I thought Moya would make Aga work. Congrats to both! :kiss:

1jackson2001
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:51 PM
no suprise at all because

Agassi + Hewitt=ATP Domination
which means no depth. :D

Congrats Andre!!!!!

Which is sad..cuz that's still more depth than the WTA tour! :p

per4ever
Mar 30th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Did he win this tournament before. How many points did he get from winning this tournament?
are you a tennisfan? :o

this is the 6th time he wins Key Biscane..he gets 100 points to win it

Crazy Canuck
Mar 30th, 2003, 11:36 PM
He gets 100 champions race points, but the champs race is lame. He gets 500 entry system points, and those are all that matter. But seeing as he was merely defending them, he doesn't really "get" anything. Is this the 3rd year in a row that he won here?

Anyhow, about the "depth" issue. Yeah the last three tournament winners have been predictable. However to say that the ATP is just like the WTA is either to be very poorly informed or in a sorry state of denial.

Agassi and Hewitt have both lost this year. Agassi lost to Enqvist, who hasn't been the same since having shoulder injuries. Hewitt lost to a guy who's past 30, in Younes, and as TC already said, a guy who is about to retire in Clavet. Clavet btw, is 34.

Furthermore, the "Agassi-Hewitt show" (courtesy of tennis fool) will end during the clay season. Andre might have enough to pick up another clay court masters series, but I doubt that Hewitt's game on clay has improved enough to win one just yet. Once the clay season comes a whole different cast of guys will take over the show. This doesn't happen on the womens tour, at least not to the same degree.

So please... spare me the comparisons, would ya? They don't make any sense.

As I said in another thread... why any fan of Serena would want to knock down what she has done by comparing her to two guys who havent' even come close to that dominance in the past year, is beyond me.

tennischick
Mar 31st, 2003, 12:05 AM
i agree with everything you say Rebecca except for your prognostication about Andre's chances on clay. last time i checked he had won Roland Garros. and he can do it again. sez moi...;)

Crazy Canuck
Mar 31st, 2003, 12:55 AM
i agree with everything you say Rebecca except for your prognostication about Andre's chances on clay. last time i checked he had won Roland Garros. and he can do it again. sez moi...;)
Call it wishful thinking on my part ;) I wasn't totally unfair though... I did permit him a masters series title ;)

spencercarlos
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:48 AM

There is depth in ATP, is just simply Andre is playing like NO ONE ever has played the game.

With his age 32 winning titles and counting, big titles.He is playing so smart now, is just like he is walking on the court, seems effortless and still keeps hitting hard and dept and forcing the others to play short.

He has been the Serena of the ATP for this YEAR. The diference was that Andre lost one match this year.

spencercarlos
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:54 AM
Andre swept the field in Rome last year. Dont forget that. You wanna know who he beat in the Quarters? someone named Albert Costa 6-2 6-2.

He has proven that he can beat the big guys on the big events on every surface (except Sampras on grass).

Anyway Roland Garros being such a demanding event, maybe he is a better bet for Wimbledon or Usopen rather than Roland Garros, just because the phisical demands of a surface like clay.

BasicTennis
Mar 31st, 2003, 04:30 AM
Allez Andre!!!!

Bury the spanish armada in the French clay!!!!:bounce:

King Lindsay
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:29 AM
Yes, this is the third straight year he has won in Key Biscayne.

what's his record now? 18-1?

Andre's win in Roma last year was amazing. Entirely unexpected, at least, I didn't expect it at all. I truly believe he is in with a chance at the French Open, but like someone said, he has a greater shot at winning the other two remaining Slams.

tfannis
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:33 AM
Yup 18-1 :D

oh just imagine...Andre winning the French and relive 1999 :hearts:

spencercarlos
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:35 AM
Yes, this is the third straight year he has won in Key Biscayne.

what's his record now? 18-1?

Andre's win in Roma last year was amazing. Entirely unexpected, at least, I didn't expect it at all. I truly believe he is in with a chance at the French Open, but like someone said, he has a greater shot at winning the other two remaining Slams.
someone = Petosp ;)

spencercarlos
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:42 AM
Looking to get to 3000 posts :p ;) 16 to go.

Back to the topic i hope Andre gets a good draw in Roland Garros, with the help of that he could be playing the latters stages of such event with more energy. Usopen last year he was phisically and mentally drained vs Sampras after playing an incredible matches to beat Mirny and Hewitt on his previous two matches, especially the Hewitt match.

Penne1
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:27 AM
Agassi SPANKS Moya....

That was the header to this thread and NOT ONE person jumped at the opportunity....man Andre really must be boring these days to not elicit a childish joke from JUST ONE fan ;)

Shame for beautiful Carlos but good win for Andre!

tennischick
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:42 AM
but you just did the honors Penne! :p

i too hope that Andre gets a dream draw at Roland Garrros and keeps this winning streak going. and if Steffi won't play mixed doubles with him, he should consider asking Martina N. i can just see the headlines: "Granny and Granpa Spank the Kids" :eek: :eek: