PDA

View Full Version : Player's Guest Pass

bis2806
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:27 AM
Hi everyone... i'd just like to know if all the players in a particular tourney are allowed to invite at least a guest for the entire tourney? or is it that only the top players are allowed to do that?

Hikaru
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:33 AM
all players can give pass to their guests. It isn't problem if they play main draw or qualifies.

bis2806
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:37 AM
if you actually think about it, won't the players' box be overloaded with their guests??? i mean is the box that big :confused:

1jackson2001
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:43 AM
Usually there are not that many people that sit in the guest box. You have the coach, trainer, parents, some friends maybe..

bis2806
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:55 AM
so does that mean that the players' guests (excluding coaches and family members) will be treated as spectators or what?

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:57 AM
if the player wants the friend/family member or whatever to get a seat in their box they will...if theres no room in the box then they'll do something trust me...the players will have the guests they want in the stands ;)

paul_masterton
Mar 30th, 2003, 01:21 PM
i tink players get around half a dozen guest passess to distribute, unles you are top 30 or so (or Anna) when u can ahve as many as you want. Coaches don't go as 'player guests' they have separate passes.

If the player wants to bring more they can usually get them in free anyway.

The majority dont tend to sit in the offical 'players box' simply as they tend to only be on the main court. Even so, if u read most pple's tournament reports the family and freinds tend ot sit in normal seats.

Experimentee
Mar 30th, 2003, 01:42 PM
In most courts i think the players box is just normal seats but reserved for the guests, so if theres no room there they can just sit in the normal spectators seats and its not really a problem.

Linnie
Mar 30th, 2003, 02:00 PM
At the Nasdaq there are four sections in the stadium designated for player's guests - with eight seats set aside for them. The player must get tickets for their guests, which are good only for their match, which boils down to 16 tickets per player. From what I've seen, hardly half of them are used - most of the time it's coaches, an occasional (famous) boyfriend ;), and parents.

Central
Mar 30th, 2003, 02:49 PM
At Wimbledon, some out of top-100 player told me that she had 4 guest passes (plus her coach) every day...
And their seats... are just normal seats but with a reserved little bill on them.

bis2806
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:40 PM
aww i'm wondering if i can get those seats coz i know wynne prakusya's sister ;) i'm hoping for a player's guest pass from her... hehe...... btw it's highly likely that i'm going to this year's JP morgan chase open.. anyone coming ?

selesfan
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:49 PM
They are allowed guest passes and they can also request tickets for more friends and family that don't sit in the guest box

bis2806
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:54 PM
aww goodie!!! but are the invited guests only allowed to see the matches played by the player? or they are allowed to see all matches....

CJ1
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:34 AM
It depends on the tournament, but players are entitled to at least one guest pass at a tournament, this doesn't include coaches as they automatically get a pass.
That pass entitles the guest to sit usually in a special area of a stand on any court for any match, regardless if it involves their player or not. Often in order to sit in the guest box on a centre court, the guest also needs a special ticket from their player which is only valid for their particular match.
The guest pass also allows the guest to go behind the scenes at a tournament, in the players lounge, restaurant etc.
In addtition to passes players are entitled to as many daily tickets as they want to give to friends, but these tickets don't usually entitle the person to sit in the guest area on court or go into the lounge etc.