PDA

View Full Version : A nice Babelfish translation...Marion Bartoli...

brunof
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:05 AM
I was reading through some of the interview of Marion Bartoli at the US Open, and it was in French. Although I have visited French, and studied for 4 years, I still am not very good at it. So I thought I would translate it on this site.

"J: Precisely, after five matches, how you smell physically?

MB: In full form! Me, more I play, better I play and nothing replaces the experiment of the competition, even the matches of drive. In Indian Wells, I had already played four goods matches before losing against Rubin. It is what it is necessary for me to smell well on the court."

Dear, I am pathetic, but I found it funny! GO MARION! :) I have become a fan! :) Tu est tres belle! :)

caramel
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:07 AM
LOL... I simply love those translations from google and other sites. They usually look so ridiculous. :o

brunof
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:31 AM
I know I don't "smell" good after playing tennis, but I don't know about cute Marion... ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:02 AM
i know french and english perfectly (though english is my first language) and those babelfish translations are horrible...seriously....

Jordan.
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:05 AM
Go Marion!!! :kiss:

1jackson2001
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:29 AM
lol..hehe

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Yeah she is a cutie, plus I believe when asked about Serena she said "she win everybody" lol

BigTennisFan
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:31 AM
I am still laughing about a translation from a couple of years ago where the author meant to say "Melanie Molitor, Martina's intense mother" but it was translated as "Martina's nut mother, Melanie Molitor". :D

Dava
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:35 AM
LOL I hate those translations things they come out with some crap dont they!! The French word for smell is odeur so I dont think there would be that much confusion, cant understand it.

brunof
Jul 31st, 2003, 08:21 PM
Allez Marion! :kiss:

Svennovitch
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:33 PM
LOL I hate those translations things they come out with some crap dont they!! The French word for smell is odeur so I dont think there would be that much confusion, cant understand it.

LOL

in French: sentir = to feel, to smell

Hope that clarifies it a bit...

Come-on-kim
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:50 PM
LOL

in French: sentir = to feel, to smell

Hope that clearifies it a bit...
but "se sentir" means "to feel"

controlfreak
Jul 31st, 2003, 10:02 PM
:haha: LMAO! This is the best all year! :haha:

Glenn
Jul 31st, 2003, 10:05 PM
LMFAO!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha :lol:

Lapin
Aug 1st, 2003, 01:45 AM
Yeah, Babelfish is great, but I think what it's really trying to say ;) is:

"J: Precisely, after five matches, how you smell (feel) physically?

MB: In full form! Me, more I play, better I play and nothing replaces the experiment of the competition, even the matches of drive. In Indian Wells, I had already played four goods matches before losing against Rubin. It is what it is necessary for me to smell well (feel good) on the court."

Babelfish: always good for a laugh! :lol:

alexusjonesfan
Aug 1st, 2003, 02:02 AM
but "se sentir" means "to feel"

yeah doesn't babelfish check for reflexive verbs?
it must screw up a lot :eek:...damn those times I used it for french homework :o