PDA

View Full Version : most people root against serena and venus because of their tennis not race.

kennethw
Mar 28th, 2003, 02:31 AM
i always thought most folks hated them cause of their race. but after seeing serena's match against clijsters, most folk just want the other person to make it interesting and make it close. a lot of folks may hate them for being black, but many more hate them for being that freaking good. venus and serena get oohs and polite claps of damn that was a unbelievable shot. after kim hit winners she gets thuderous applause. this is an american player against an non american. i began to look deeper in the meaning. i think most people dont unerstand how these black girls can not only be this good, but maybe the geatest tennis players of all time. they just dont know how to deal with it that's all.

per4ever
Mar 28th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Serena is still faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from being the greatest ever :)

Just look at everything Martina Navratilova or Steffi Graf won :)

kennethw
Mar 28th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Serena is still faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from being the greatest ever :)

Just look at everything Martina Navratilova or Steffi Graf won :)
im not saying the greatest ever in terms of tourn's won. if that was the case chris evert and margerat court would be no.1. im saying in terms of all being egual, if every played their best. graf, evert, navratilova, court, and the rest of the great's against the williams at their best.

sperosgeorgejr
Mar 29th, 2003, 09:01 AM
The media keeps rubbing it in. Everybody knows that Serena Williams is a terrific player. They do not need to be continually reminded about it.

Read the excerpt from the following:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/tennis/5510867.htm

Posted on Sat, Mar. 29, 2003

No wonder Capriati snaps just about every time anyone asks her about Serena. Does the NASDAQ go around telling everybody how great the New York Stock Exchange is? For that matter, find any woman player who enjoys talking about Serena.

2003 The Miami Herald and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.miami.com

Rae Q.
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:10 PM
i always thought most folks hated them cause of their race. but after seeing serena's match against clijsters, most folk just want the other person to make it interesting and make it close. a lot of folks may hate them for being black, but many more hate them for being that freaking good. venus and serena get oohs and polite claps of damn that was a unbelievable shot. after kim hit winners she gets thuderous applause. this is an american player against an non american. i began to look deeper in the meaning. i think most people dont unerstand how these black girls can not only be this good, but maybe the geatest tennis players of all time. they just dont know how to deal with it that's all.

i know what you're saying but ppl rooted against them even they were the underdogs so that's the reason why tons of williams fans get suspicious. me myself i'm over it because the more serena and venus win the more makes some ppl analyze their feelings and what not.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:56 PM
I think people rooted against them when they were lower ranked because of their damn attitudes. They used to be the most arrogant players to ever step on court. Now that they are a little more gracious people root against them cuz they are so damn good. I'm one of those people lol.

The same was true for me for Henin..I have never liked her regardless of her ranking, and it's not coz she's Belgian ;)