PDA

View Full Version : It's raining buckets in Miami

Mark43
Mar 27th, 2003, 09:14 PM
UGH! It doesn't look good. It has been dark all day. They even had to turn the lights on stadium court in the early afternoon.

I am hoping Jen will make it on court for her match with Chanda.

I am working the night shift at the Nasdaq and they actually require that you show up on time during a rain delay...hello, we are volunteers. I am not setting foot outside my house until the rain stops.

I was going to head out to the park for the Serena/Kim match and I took a little nap on the couch beforehand and past out. I woke up midway through the first set. I am so glad I didn't go. That match looked less than thrilling on tv and Kim admitted in her post match interview that she was tired and burnt out...it showed. I hope she is able to rest up for the clay season. She said she is taking a month off.

Well I might not have a report for tonight. We shall see.
It would be great to have a JenCap/Chanda, Agassi/Younes double header tonight.
:wavey:

Linnie
Mar 27th, 2003, 09:20 PM
*Does her best Nasdaq-100 rain dance*

I know - it sucks to have to go there in the rain. I'm still in the office, and it's just horrendous outside :(
You know, when it rains like this, we're expected to go and wipe the seats bullshit :mad: :mad: :mad: I think this will be my last year as a volunteer ;)

Mark43
Mar 27th, 2003, 09:24 PM
:wavey: Linnie!!

I was just telling my partner about wiping the seats. He was flabbergasted and told me not to go. We were both laughing.

I am not sure if we are going to see any tennis tonight. According to the Weather Channel the storm might last for quite a while.

Of course, they can be wrong.

I just hope it doesn't screw jen up, (or Chanda or Andre) rest wise.

:wavey:

Linnie
Mar 27th, 2003, 09:35 PM
:wavey: Mark!!

I just called the volunteer office :rolleyes: They said that the rain is supposed to stop after 6 :rolleyes: We're supposed to show up anyway, and all the matches are supposed to be played :rolleyes:

We'll see - right now I'm still in the office (downtown), and looking from my window on the 24th floor, you can't even see Key Biscayne :p

See you later (maybe ;))

bluepastures
Mar 27th, 2003, 10:15 PM
I just wonder if they might move the ladies semi-final to tomorrow, especially if rain shortens the evening session. As they'll have to play the end of Federer V Costa, and then Agassi V El Aynaoui.

iLUVTBJ
Mar 27th, 2003, 10:18 PM
It's Raining Man!! :angel:

Linnie
Mar 27th, 2003, 10:19 PM
It doesn't look like the rain will stop for quite a while (it's pitch dark out, and just coming down in buckets). I highly doubt that the women's semi will be played tonight.

Xavier_Malisse
Mar 27th, 2003, 10:50 PM
If it rained buckets, would it hurt if one fell on your head? :confused:

maccardel
Mar 28th, 2003, 12:03 AM
I guess it's the tennis Gods crying cos Venus is not in the semis as everyone expected and instead Jen is there....it'll all be better Serena....Venus will see at the end of the draw next time....this is heart wrenching!!!

King Aaron
Mar 28th, 2003, 12:55 PM
lmao

caramel
Mar 28th, 2003, 04:18 PM

Ouch... I think a bucket fell on my head. :o