PDA

View Full Version : Stupid rules question

Leena
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:25 AM
In a match today, I hit a dropper that bounced 4 times on the net cord... and finally dropped over after a few seconds...

I was wondering what the ruling is, if the balls stays on the net cord. Has that ever happened in a match?

Berlin_Calling
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:36 AM
It counts. Actually ironically, almost the same thing happened to me today :o. My friends and I were playing Canadian doubles and my friend hit a drop shot which spun on the net cord for like 3 seconds before dropping into our court. It was actually pretty amazing ;)

spencercarlos
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:40 AM
If the ball stays on the net cord forever you lose the point, since when you hit the ball it has to reach your oponnent`s side. :)

Leena
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:02 AM
Bah... there goes plans of me trying to do that in upcoming matches.

fammmmedspin
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:32 AM
If this ball is sitting on the net cord is there a time limit for how long it can stay there before a ball person is told to get it or does everyone have to wait until there is some quantum effect and it falls off? Otherwise the match would make a Conchita special look short by comparison?

King Lindsay
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:45 AM
It doesn't matter how long it stays on the net cord, lol. and fammmedspin, if you ever do see a ball that lands on the netcord and just refuses to go over on either side, call guiness because that has never ever happened before!

Berlin_Calling
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:01 AM
lol @ fammmmedspin. As long as the ball lands on the other side of the court, going over the net, its all good :)