PDA

View Full Version : Karolina Sprem Cheering Thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Rtael
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:54 AM
Go Karolina! We want to see you in some WTA events girl!

croat123
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:04 AM
:bounce:

Calliope.
Apr 5th, 2003, 08:01 PM
:bounce:

Sandstorm
Apr 5th, 2003, 08:15 PM
Go Karolina!!!

Sandstorm
Apr 26th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Karolina lost in her 1st Fed Cup match against Myskina:sad:

Karolina lost 1-6,6-3,0-6:(

Sandstorm
Apr 27th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Karolina won her 2nd match in Fed Cup against Likhovtseva 6-4,6-3:D:bounce:

Well Done Karolina!

croat123
May 9th, 2003, 10:55 PM
let's keep cheering!

croat123
May 17th, 2003, 09:52 PM
Sprem is in the 2nd rd. of qualies in France!

Rtael
May 18th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Go Sprem! Which would you guys prefer...if she went deep in Strasbourg or if she went out early to play in RG?

Rtael
May 19th, 2003, 10:27 PM
GO KAROLINA in the main draw of Strasbourg!

Sandstorm
May 20th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Karolina won today against Golovin in 1st Round:)
6-4,1-6,6-4

She will play against Dokic;)
Good luck Karolina

BTW she will missed RG qualifying:(

Sandstorm
May 21st, 2003, 08:21 PM
2nd Round:

Karolina Sprem(CRO) def. Jelena Dokic(YUG) 7-5,1-6,6-3:D:bounce:

congrats Karolina!

Good luck against Matevzic in quarterfinal!

Sandstorm
May 22nd, 2003, 06:16 PM
Karolina in Semifinal of Strasbourg!:D
She beat Matevzic 7-6,3-6,6-2:D

Good luck against Zvonareva!

Rtael
May 22nd, 2003, 09:33 PM
Go Sprem you can do it!

Her H2H against Vera is 1-1, 1-0 on clay, 0-1 on hard, but the loss is the more recent match...but oh well that was a while ago, we'll see what happens now!

croat123
May 22nd, 2003, 11:28 PM
Well, to be quite honest, I didn't expect Karolina to beat Jelena, but she did. Then I didn't expect her to beat Maja, but she did again. Now I don't expect her to win against Vera, but we'll see!

AJMO KAROLINA!!!!

Rtael
May 23rd, 2003, 06:57 PM
She beat Zvonareva to make her first WTA final! (and this is her first WTA tournament to get past the first round!)

Sandstorm
May 23rd, 2003, 09:21 PM
Go Karolina and good luck in final!

Rtael
May 24th, 2003, 06:28 AM
we need a fan page for this girl! ;)

Sandstorm
May 24th, 2003, 12:17 PM
i agree;)

AjdeNate!
May 24th, 2003, 08:46 PM
I'm doing one - a website. You guys wanna help me out? I need help in finding all her challenger matches and I need photos!!!!!!! If you post them here, I'll add them to the site.

I'll post the link once I have the page up and going... .should be later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your helps.

AjdeNate!
May 24th, 2003, 10:08 PM
www.geocities.com/karolina_sprem

Help needed!!! POst pix here to be included.

Rtael
May 24th, 2003, 10:22 PM
http://kfoto.tripod.com/kfotohtm/spr1318k.htm
pictures of her....

http://home17.inet.tele.dk/wta/sp/spre1318.htm
there are results for her challenger career....

http://www.*****************/Players/Countries/Croatia/SpremKarolina/SpremKarolina.htm
Junior tennis profile....

http://www.collegeandjuniortennis.com/ContinentalCupDayOne01.htm
Continental Cup, where Sprem won all her matches except the match in the finals against Vera Z (this is some kind of country-based competition, with juniors I think...)

AjdeNate!
May 24th, 2003, 10:30 PM
Thanks! I am currently at work, but I will be busy tonight. I hope to have it up in a few hours (6 or so...) So check back later to see how I'm doing.

If it goes well, I'll probably switch to a pay host w/more features, but for now - I'll try just a free host to see if there is enought interest.

Rtael
May 24th, 2003, 10:41 PM
wow...money....wish I had some of that! ;)

croat123
Jun 8th, 2003, 01:21 AM
First Round of Qualies in Vienna:

Karolina got revenge on Rita Kuti Kis, trashing her 6-0 6-2. I was very worried about this match because I didn't know how Karolina would play after that huge run and a two week break. GREAT WIN!!!!

Next up is that one girl Karolina beat in the last round of qualies in France (K-lina won 6-1 6-2 or something like that).

Karo would probably then face Jankovic in the third round. She lost to Jelena in Budapest 6-3 6-3 so that is a tough match for her, but it looks like (as the top 2 seeds should make the main draw easily) Karolina would probably be a LL is someone withdraws. (but that doesn't matter cause she will beat jelena this time)

Sandstorm
Jun 8th, 2003, 12:20 PM
go Karolina!

Calliope.
Jun 12th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Hi!
I made it this morning...... http://sprem.hyperboards2.com/
That's a message board... hope u all will come!

Go Karolina :bounce: :bounce:

Rtael
Jun 14th, 2003, 04:00 AM
How many titles do you guys think Sprem will get this year? I think 3! Vienna, Palermo, and some small hardcourt or indoor tourny late in the year!

Rtael
Jun 14th, 2003, 04:03 AM
BTW, when are we gonna get a separate forum for K-Lina?

Sandstorm
Jun 14th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Good luck Karolina in final of Vienna!

AjdeNate!
Jun 15th, 2003, 04:49 PM
She's into the maindraw at Wimbledon as a few higher ranked players have withdrawn.

Make the most of it!!!

croat123
Aug 4th, 2003, 12:02 PM
seles, you might want to change k-lina's weight in the bio section (it says 82kgs :eek:)

AjdeNate!
Aug 17th, 2003, 03:33 AM
Updated - yeah bad typo!! lol

Ajmo in New York!!

fan22
Jan 19th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Some pics of Karolina from Australia 2004 (before the Australian open)

fan22
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:51 PM
ks from Gaz de France 2004
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afp_photo/20040212/sge.jqz58.120204114900.photo00.default-358x384.jpg
World Ranked 48th, Croatian Karolina Sprem, returns the Ball to her Opponent, World Ranked 18th, Italian Francesca Schiavone, 12 February 2004, at the Peter of Coubertin Stadium in Paris during the Second Round for 12th Open Gaz of France, an Indoor of Tournament of Tennis for the Women. AFP PHOTO JACQUES DEMARTHON AFP/JACQUES DEMARTHON/jd-lc
• (afp_photo - jeudi 12 février 2004, 12h49)

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afp_photo/20040212/sge.jra64.120204115254.photo00.default-278x384.jpg
The World Ranked 48th, Croatian Karolina Sprem, returns the Ball to her Opponent, The World Ranked 18th, Italian Francesca Schiavone, 12 February of 2004, at the Peter of Coubertin Stadium in Paris during the Second Round for 12th Open Gaz of France, an Indoor of Tournament of Tennis for the Women. AFP PHOTO JACQUES DEMARTHON AFP/JACQUES DEMARTHON/jd-lc
• (afp_photo - jeudi 12 février 2004, 12h53)

Same pics:

fan22
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:51 PM
Miami 2004.....very good tournament for Karolina so far!

Sunday, March 28, 2004:
http://www.tennis.info/images/Nasdaq4/07Sun/Sprem1216.jpg
Karolina Sprem of Croatiabeat Maria Vento-Kabchi of Venezuela 4-6 6-3 6-0

Monday, March 29, 2004
Main Draw Third Round
http://www.tennis.info/images/Nasdaq4/08Sun/Sprem1548.jpg
Karolina Sprem of Croatia beatSvetlana Kuznetsovaof Russia 3-6 7-5 6-4

Mathijs
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:37 AM
Thanx for the piccies fan22! :) :D K-lina :hearts: :worship:

fan22
May 10th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Karolina had a great Tournament at the Berlin Ladies German Open...
reaching the Semi-Finals before falling to Venus Williams of the USA

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afp_photo/20040508/sge.ojn69.080504163412.photo00.default-277x384.jpg
Karoline Sprem from Croatia is pictured during her match against Venus Williams from the US in the half-final of the German Open WTA tennis tournament in Berlin, 08 May 2004. Williams won in three sets 2-6, 6-3, 6-4. AFP PHOTO DDP/MICHAEL URBAN
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afp_photo/20040508/sge.ojl75.080504162131.photo00.default-325x384.jpg
Venus Williams (L) of the US walks past Croatian opponent Karolina Sprem during their semi-final of the German Open WTA tennis tournament 08 May 2004 in Berlin. Williams wins 2-6, 6-3, 6-4. AFP PHOTO DDP/MICHAEL URBAN

same 2 pics + 3 more:

fan22
May 10th, 2004, 06:44 PM
thanks to M&M for sharing these pics of K-Lina at the practice courts at Berlin
originally posted in the tournament thread....

fan22
May 10th, 2004, 06:48 PM
thanks to M&M for sharing these pics of K-Lina at the practice courts at Berlin
originally posted in the tournament thread....more in ORANGE...

fan22
May 10th, 2004, 06:50 PM
next she plays Daniela Hantuchova in rd. 1 at the Telecom Italia Open in Rome.....
sorry guys, but I gotta root for Daniela in this one (she needs a good win to help her confidence)...good luck to both girls for a great match!

fan22
May 10th, 2004, 06:58 PM
From Fed Cup match with Belgium....
see below for pic of Karolina serving to Kim Clijsters
Caption:
BREE, BELGIUM: Croatia's Karolina Sprem serves against Belgium's Kim Clijsters, 25 April 2004 during the Federation Cup first round match between Belgium and Croatia in Bree. AFP PHOTO/BELGA PHOTO PETER DE VOECHT (Photo credit should read PETER DE VOECHT/AFP/Getty Images)

AjdeNate!
May 10th, 2004, 07:09 PM
:hearts:

fan22
May 10th, 2004, 08:15 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photos_rx/sprem1_3203_rx.jpg
Sprem Named Player of the week:
http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_4276_rx.asp

May 10, 2004
Player of the Week: Karolina Sprem

BERLIN - 19-year-old Croatian Karolina Sprem, one of the most touted young players on the WTA Tour, lived up to her promise this past week by reaching the semifinals at a Tier I event for the first time in her career, nearly outplaying Venus Williams, who was riding a 14-match winning streak, for a place in the final.

Sprem's successful week in Germany also landed her this week's WTATour.com Player of the Week honors.

Beginning the week with a routine 64 62 win over German wild card Anna-Lena Groenefeld, Sprem then survived a tough second set challenge from 42nd-ranked American Meghann Shaughnessy, winning 62 76, for a round of 16 match-up with top-seeded Kim Clijsters of Belgium. Citing a left-wrist injury, Clijsters withdrew from the tournament, landing Sprem a spot in the quarterfinals against Australian Open semifinalist Fabiola Zuluaga.

Although she had lost their only previous meeting, Sprem confidently dismantled her 23rd-ranked Columbian opponent 63 63, moving into the semifinals and getting an opportunity to play against arguably the hottest player on the tour at the moment, third-seeded American Venus Williams.

Sprem came onto the court poised and ready to play her best tennis, and it showed, as Williams witnessed, along with the rest of the centre court crowd, a stunning array of winners and controlled aggression from the Croatian. Sprem won the first four games of the match and held on to take the first set 62. Although Williams regrouped, cut down on her errors and took advantage of a lapse in focus from her younger opponent to take the second set 63, Sprem started the deciding set right where she left off in the first set, breaking the Williams serve and racing out to a 3-0 lead.

In a closely contested final set, Williams managed to play her way back and take the match 64, fighting off an ankle injury as well as a brave and fearless opponent. Though Sprem had ten more unforced errors than Williams, she had twice as many winners.

"I think she just came out there swinging," said Williams. "She started to hit winners, she was hitting and doing well... I guess it evened out in the end."

Describing herself as a disciplined person, Sprem's focus and persistence wavered as she became more and more tired after her exciting run and being pushed to the limits by Williams.

"At 3-0 I felt my legs start to get tired," she said. "It was a great experience for me because Venus is definitely one of the best players out there."

Though it is her first semifinal of a Tier I event, it is not the first time that Sprem has made it deep into a Tier I draw. Just over a month ago, she fought her way through to the quarterfinals of the NASDAQ-100 in Miami, with a win over Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova along the way before being stopped in straight sets by Eleni Daniilidou of Greece.

Beginning the year ranked 59th in the world, her solid performances so far this season propelled her to begin the German Open ranked 28th. Her strong performance in Berlin will move Sprem up to 25th on Monday's WTA Tour Rankings.

croat123
May 10th, 2004, 08:29 PM
:d

Principessa
May 11th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Karolinica :hearts:

fan22
Jun 14th, 2004, 08:17 PM
how did this thread stay quiet all the way through the french open??

K-Lina in Eastbourne:
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/sport/galleries/ten/images/large/20040614_15_50945931mh007_e'bourne_tenn.jpg
EASTBOURNE, ENGLAND - JUNE 14: Karolina Sprem of Croatia plays a backhand during her match against Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi of Israel in the Hastings Direct International Tennis Championships at Devonshire Park on June 14, 2004 in Eastbourne, England. (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Karolina Sprem

AjdeNate!
Jun 14th, 2004, 09:25 PM
:hearts:

drazenj92
Jun 23rd, 2004, 08:53 PM
I'll post this if no-one has read it...

It was taken off wta website.
It appeared in May 2003, then again in january 2004 but strangely was taken off the site. Suddenly reappeared. Very strange. :confused:

May 26, 2003

Getting to Know...
Karolina Sprem

Croatian Karolina Sprem qualified for her first WTA Tour main draw at Strasbourg this past week, won her first WTA Tour main draw match, and proceeded to defeat the No.1 seed in her second round match. But she did not stop there.
Instead, Sprem earned her way to the finals of the Internationaux de Strasbourg Tier III event, and took two-time defending champion Silvia Farina Elia to three sets before falling.

Sprem is not unfamiliar to this streak of success, as she has qualified for three consecutive ITF events this year and gone on to win the title at all three. She started the year ranked No.272 and has now jumped to No.99.

www.wtatour.com caught up with Karolina Sprem in Strasbourg to talk about her goals and her recent success.

You started 2003 by winning your first 28 matches and four ITF tournaments. Was this amazing start to the season a surprise to you?
I had never believed I could win four tournaments in a row. I practiced hard with my coach and did a lot of off-court training, but I didn't expect that. My coach (Sacha Hirzson) always tells me that I'm the best, that I can make it but me I never believed it. Now I'm happy because I showed myself that what he was telling me all the time was true.

Your win in the Strasbourg second round over Jelena Dokic was very impressive. How much more pressure do you feel playing in WTA Tour events, against the top players, than playing in satellites and challengers?
I don't have pressure playing any tournament. I was a bit nervous before playing Jelena because she is a Top 10 player and the only top player I had played before was Myskina during Fed Cup. But my coach always tells me to watch the ball not your opponent, that I am playing against the ball. So for me I have no pressure.

How important to you has having people like fellow Croatians Iva Majoli and Goran Ivanisevic there to inspire you to make your mark in tennis? Have they helped you at all or given you advice?
Of course when two Croats win a Grand Slam you tell yourself if they can do it then why not me, so that in itself is a source of inspiration. I don't practice with Iva but I look up to her. I did receive advice from Goran during Fed Cup and that was great.

Since most people are only beginning to recognize your name, can you tell us a little bit about how you got started playing tennis?
I started to play tennis at nine. There was a club near where I live in Varazdin, and my dad asked me if I would like to try it. I loved it. I played for two years just to have fun and then took it a bit more seriously. It was funny, during my first tournament when I was 11 years old, I did not even know how to count the points, so I had no clue if I was winning or losing! I started playing ITF events in Croatia and then came the results, so here I am.

With such a great start to the season, have you had to reassess the goals you had at the start of the year? How much have they changed?
At the beginning of the year, my goal was to reach the Top 100, but now that does not seem far away. I just want to play good tennis, be my best when I go out there, and keep healthy. Those are very important.

What moment (a tournament victory, ranking achievement) did you realize that professional tennis was going to be your career?
There was never a moment I thought I would be a professional tennis player. I never took it very seriously, it was always fun for me to play, then I had good results, so it just happened.

What have been some of the favorites cities you've been to so far in your travels?
I like Florida, the sun and the sea. But I also like to go on vacation in Grikvenica, it is on an island near Kirk. I go there often with my sister.

What is your ultimate tennis goal?
I don't have a goal. When I played juniors, I said I wanted to be a Top 10 player, but that never happened. So now I just want to play good tennis at every match and the results will follow.

Please ignore if you have read it...
(http://www.wtatour.com/gettingtoknow/stories/gtk_Karolina_Sprem_2761_rx.asp)

drazenj92
Jun 23rd, 2004, 09:13 PM
Fairly intresting...

smetnje na vezama - ZAŠTO TRENER SAŠA HIRŠZON NIJE BIO
NA US OPENU UZ VARAŽDINSKU TENISAČICU

KAROLINA MORA ODRASTI!
Šprem je nakon ispadanja u 1. kolu US Opena krivnju bacila na trenera Hiršzona: Pitajte ga zašto nije bio uz mene, iako smo se tako dogovorili! Hiršzon kaže da dogovor nije bio takav i da nikakvih problema nema, a isto potvrđuje i tata Gabro Šprem
Posljednja rezultatska pozitiva Karoline Šprem, najbolje plasirane hrvatske tenisačice na svjetskoj rang-listi, bio je nastup u Helsinkiju. Dospjela je do polufinala i izgubila od izraelske tenisačice Pistolesi, pobjednice turnira. Prije toga je u poljskom Sopotu izgubila u prvom kolu, a nakon Helsinkija je igrala kvalifikacije na turniru u američkom New Havenu i glatko izgubila već na startu. Na US Openu je bila izravno u turniru, ali se u prvom kolu oprostila nakon poraza od domaće igračice Shaughnessy, uvjerljivo 3:6 i 2:6. Čini se da je osobno više očekivala od tog meča pa je vjerojatno zbog stanja razočaranosti izjavila:
- Pitajte mog trenera Sašu Hiršzona, zašto nije bio uz mene, ne samo ovdje u SAD, nego i u Helsinkiju. Imali smo dogovor, ali se u posljednji trenutak predomislio i ostao u Varaždinu.
I doista, Saša Hiršzon je posljednji put bio uz svoju igračicu u Sopotu. Tada je, prema riječima Karoline, ali i njena oca Gabre Šprema, dogovoreno da izostane u Helsinkiju, jer mora nešto obaviti u Varaždinu, ali uz obećanje da će sigurno na put u Ameriku. No, dogodio se neočekivani Hiršzonov otkaz puta u SAD pa su preko "velike bare" letjeli Karolina, njeni otac i sestra te fizioterapeut. Ovi događaji i izjave Karoline dovoljni su za stvaranje zaključka da je nešto "puklo" između dobitne kombinacije Šprem-Hiršzon. No, je li je doista tako?
I dok je Karolina uglavnom škrtarila na riječima i rečenicama koristeći bezbroj puta refren "Pitajte tatu...", njen trener se kao malo iznenadio kada je upitan: "Što se događa, kakvi su problemi nastali između njega i Karoline Varaždinske?
- Ništa se senzacionalno nije dogodilo. Ja s obitelji Šprem imam dogovoreno da tijekom godine s njom putujem samo na određeni broj turnira. Tu kvotu sam odavno odradio i jednostavno sam odustao od puta u SAD. Mislim da bi Karolina trebala postati samostalnija, iako znam da to nije niti će biti jednostavno s obzirom da je iz "fiće" uletjela u "formulu 1". Želim reći, da je Karolina na početku godine bila 270. igračica na svjetskoj rang-listi i nastupala na turnirima gdje je nagradni fond bio 10 tisuća dolara, a u lipnju je na prva dva WTA-turnira dospjela do finala, a tamo je u igri ozbiljno velik novac. Karolina naprosto mora potpuno odrasti i nositi se s onim što donosi non-stop igranje na svjetskim turnirima. Ona to može i mora. Dakle, nije problem u nekim neriješenim financijskim pitanjima između obitelji i Šprem i mene, ne radi se ni o kakvom prestanku suradnje i zajedničkog rada. Jednostavno se to dogodilo, a ja se nisam obvezao pratiti je na baš svaki turnir. Imam obitelj koja mi je svetinja i ne mogu si dopustiti da moje dijete zaboravi kako mu izgleda otac – rekao je u telefonskom razgovoru Saša Hiršzon.
Da je doista riječ o dogovoru koji predviđa godišnje odlazak Hiršzona na 12 ili 13 turnira potvrdio je i Gabro Šprem.
- Nema govora o nekom dubljem nesporazumu. Ja se nadam da će Karolina i Saša nastaviti tamo gdje su stali. Moju kćerku do kraja godine očekuje još pet dvoranskih turnira, među ostalima Leipzig, Moskva i Zürich, a ovih dana počinju s intenzivnim treninzima. Točno je da smo sa Sašom dogovorili njegovu nazočnost na najviše 13 turnira godišnje, ali me je ipak malo iznenadilo što je u posljednji trenutak odustao od dogovorenog leta u SAD. No, što je tu je, idemo dalje – kaže Šprem.

Sorry its in croatian...
No i will not translate - i dont have enough time - sorry :hearts:

JoeB_UK
Jun 23rd, 2004, 09:22 PM
lol drazenj92 you are probably 1 of 3 who can understand this :P

drazenj92
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:41 PM
i will translate for you, but my english translation is not great, here is the basic understanding of the article.

Basically it is about k-lina after us open 2003

After falling out of the US open in the first round, Karolina blamed her coach Sasa Hiršzon. She says why she has been pushed too hard and made to play many tournaments.
Hiršzon has denied that their relationships have developed any problems, backed up by Karolina’s father Gabro.
After a positive result came in Helsinki, when Karolina reached the semi-finals and lost to eventual victor Pistolesi. Karolina arrived to play qualifying in New Haven, but lost again the first round.
Directly qualifying for the US Open, she was beaten by home-favourite Shaughnessy, losin 3-6, 2-6.

(Čini se da je osobno više očekivala od tog meča pa je vjerojatno zbog stanja razočaranosti izjavila)

Pls – does this mean that if she had a easier runup one would have expected more… – slightly unsure.

She asked Sasa Hiršzon why they must travel to USA after Helsinki.

They had an agreement to limit the number of tournaments before US open and remain for a time in Varazdin.

Then after Sopot, her father asked to limit the number of tournaments she played. They agreed to leave out Helsinki and stay back home in Varazdin. And then promise to travel to the US open. Unexpectantly Hiršzon takes the trip to the USA beyond the wishes of Karolina, her parents and her physiotherapist sister.

K-lina protested against making such a journey and that the relationship between them was becoming cracked.
Was this really true?

Karolina would always say the same thing (“but dad said…”) Her trainer was slightly taken back by this.
Why has this problem occoured between him and Karolina.
It appeared that Hiršzon had agreed with Karolina’s family that he would have control over the tournaments she played. At USA, you are isolated for long times and have to grow up.

(Mislim da bi Karolina trebala postati samostalnija, iako znam da to nije niti će biti jednostavno s obzirom da je iz "fiće" uletjela u "formulu 1".)

Help - I don't know how to say this... she needs more matches to become better - i cannot express this...

He says that Karolina was 270 in the world rankings and has reached two WTA finals and won 10,000 dollars prize money. Karolina must stop moaning and grow up, we will still be playing world tournaments non-stop. She must be able to do this.
It is not a fininical problem between families and Šprem and myself.
They will not be able to be there at every tournament. I too have a family and realize that one mustn’t allow someone to be left alone without the supervision(?) of the father- said Saša Hiršzon at an interview.

There is a meeting once a year with Saša Hiršzon to which 12-13 tournaments that they go to.

I hope this hasn’t been a misunderstanding and that Saša and Karolina can continue where they started.
My daughter is expecting to play 5 indoor tournaments this year, Leipzig, Moscow, Zurich…plus some intensive training. We agree on 13 tournaments per year, it took me by surprise that he travelled to the USA at the last minute, to play further matches – says Šprem.

please if you want to correct it or help me, then do so... i'm not the best at translating...

JoeB_UK
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:07 PM
thanks man! i appreciate it

Bероника
Jul 1st, 2004, 12:04 AM
Another Karolina fan here!!! I had not seen her previously to that Wimbledon but I've been impressed with the way she plays and "paints" the lines.Really impressive!!!I like her game a lot & I hope she'll have great successes in her career!!!

Go K-Lina!!!!

Ruud
Jul 2nd, 2004, 09:53 AM
Whats her next event?

Derek.
Jul 7th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Acura Classic in San Diego, California! :)

Greenout
Jul 12th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Count me in! I love the Sprem "You'll have to kill me before I lose
this match" attitude. Let's take this show on the road here. If
Justine isn't around, I'd like to see K-lina, Patty or someone interesting
take it all.

Go Kid!

Derek.
Jul 19th, 2004, 03:21 AM
I can't wait until San Diego! :D

AjdeNate!
Jul 19th, 2004, 03:26 AM
me either!! ajmo k-lina!!! :hearts:

Derek.
Jul 22nd, 2004, 12:51 AM
Ok now I'm REALLY getting anxious. :p

Derek.
Jul 26th, 2004, 04:28 AM
K-Lina plays tomorrow against Marta Marrero! :) Good luck!! :D Ajmo K-Lina! :bounce:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 26th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Good luck K-lina!!!

AjdeNate!
Jul 26th, 2004, 05:09 AM
She plays Monday!! Good luck K-Lina!!!!!!!!!

Bероника
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Vamos vamos Karolina!!! :bounce:

Derek.
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:38 AM
K-Lina won 6-3 6-2! :D:D:D:D

Bероника
Jul 28th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Next is Lindsay Davenport.Best of luck,Karolina!!!

Andy.
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:38 AM
has Karolina got a sponsorship deal fron adidas yet or is she just wearing their clothes

Bероника
Jul 29th, 2004, 01:19 PM
:sad: for the bad loss K-Lina!!!

Here's a photo I found:

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040729/all/l1182415.jpg

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jul 30th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Does anyone know whether or not K-lina will be playing at Beijing in September?

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 30th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Does anyone know whether or not K-lina will be playing at Beijing in September?

I think she will...

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:47 PM
K-lina, good luck at MONTREAL next week!!

Love you and miss you a lot!!

Bероника
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:48 AM
Yes,best of luck in MOntreal!!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:46 PM
Court 1

3. Drake vs. Sprem (NB 18.30hrs)

K-lina, I wish I could be there to cheer for you!!

Good luck all the way!!

AjdeNate!
Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:54 PM
Ajmo K-Lina!! :hearts:

Bероника
Aug 3rd, 2004, 12:58 AM
Karolina Sprem (CRO) d. (WC) Maureen Drake (CAN) 62 61 :D

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 3rd, 2004, 04:26 AM
Well done!

Keep It Up!!

Take good care!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 3rd, 2004, 04:43 AM
Court 1
4. Asagoe vs. Sprem (NB 15.00hrs)

Good Luck!!

Bероника
Aug 3rd, 2004, 03:12 PM
Go K-Lina!!!!

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040803/all/l1186176.jpg

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 4th, 2004, 04:06 AM
(12) Karolina Sprem (CRO) d. Shinobu Asagoe (JPN) 62 46 61

Well done! Keep it going!

Good luck with your 3rd round match on Thursday!!

I'm flying home from LAX tomorrow, and I'll only be able to check your results on Friday.

Bероника
Aug 4th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Who does she face now?

Ajmo K-Lina!!!

Derek.
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Next up is Ai Sugiyama.

Does anyone know is K-Lina is officially with Adidas? :scratch:

AjdeNate!
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:40 PM
No, she's not. They're hoping to get a deal, from what I've heard.

Derek.
Aug 6th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Karolina beat Sugiyama 6-3 6-4!! :D :D :D

Next up is Amelie Mauresmo.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 6th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Making her debut this year at Montreal, the No.12 seeded Sprem moved into the quarterfinals with a 6-3 6-4 victory against No.7 seed Ai Sugiyama. The young Croatian, who reached her first Tier I semifinal earlier this year in Berlin, improved to 31-16 this year - playing in her second tournament since reaching the quarterfinals at Wimbledon.
Karolina, congratulations!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 6th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Good luck with your quarterfinal match today, Karolina!!

Friday, August 6, 2004

Court Central (from 11.00hrs)
1. Sprem vs. Mauresmo

Bероника
Aug 6th, 2004, 12:30 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/montreal/f_05.jpg

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Karolina Sprem lost to Mauresmo 6-3 2-6 4-6 (but you have done better at this tournament than at the Acura last week. Congratulations!!)

Good luck at the Olympics, Karolina!!

Have a safe trip back home and have a nice time there!!

Take care!!

Bероника
Aug 7th, 2004, 12:57 AM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20040806/sge.tgp85.060804220805.photo00.default-277x384.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: She plays with such intensity!!!

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040806/all/l1188836.jpg

AjdeNate!
Aug 7th, 2004, 12:59 AM
:eek: THAT'S keeping your eye on the ball!!!

Derek.
Aug 7th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Hehe, I love that look on her face! :clap2:

ßcoene
Aug 7th, 2004, 11:34 PM
I love those last two pics. :D

Good luck at the olympics Karolina. :yeah:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 8th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Mauresmo overcame a first set deficit against Karolina Sprem in the quarterfinals to rebound and take the match 3-6 6-2 6-4. Sprem played at the top of her game, even clocking serves at 118mph.
Keep fighting, Karolina!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 8th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Ajmo K-Lina!!!
What does "Ajmo" mean?

I would be most grateful if anyone could tell me a few nice words in the language that is spoken in Croatia (what language do they speak there?).

I want to learn a few nice words so that I can say them to Karolina when I see her next time. Thank you.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 9th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Agence France-Presse Montreal

Mauresmo admitted that in the first set she had no answer for the power of her 19-year-old opponent, who is ranked 19th in the world.

But Mauresmo said she didn't panic, believing that Sprem's go-for-broke style would cost her in the end.

"When you have this intensity, and you hit 100 per cent on each ball, you cannot put everything in, otherwise you are number one in the world," Mauresmo said of Sprem's game.

"It is a risky game too, because at the end of the match, it is a lot of unforced errors."
Better luck against Mauresmo next time, Karolina!!

croat123
Aug 9th, 2004, 03:05 PM
What does "Ajmo" mean?

I would be most grateful if anyone could tell me a few nice words in the language that is spoken in Croatia (what language do they speak there?).

I want to learn a few nice words so that I can say them to Karolina when I see her next time. Thank you.
ajmo means c'mon :)

what do you want to learn how to say in croatian?

Derek.
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:27 PM
The Spreminator will take the gold! :woohoo: :D

fan22
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:13 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20040806/sge.tgp85.060804220805.photo00.default-277x384.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: She plays with such intensity!!!

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040806/all/l1188836.jpg
INDEED!....its almost a little scary!!! :)

Sandstorm
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Go K-lina!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Karolina, congratulations on your career-high ranking of #18!!

Keep it going!!

I totally believe in You!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:50 AM
ajmo means c'mon
Thank you very much.
what do you want to learn how to say in croatian?
I would be thankful if you could please tell me how to write the following phrases in Croatian:

- I love you.

- You are my number one fave player.

- You are so beautiful.

- Take care.

- Good luck.

I met and talked to Karolina quite a lot at the Acura Classic. I'm a lady, and Karolina was comfortable having me around her after matches, practice, and I also talked to her on the phone during the tournament. She had been appreciative of my support. And I was there for her after she lost to Davenport.

Derek.
Aug 10th, 2004, 04:23 AM
MaSharapovaFan, you don't support Maria anymore? :eek:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 10th, 2004, 04:49 AM
MaSharapovaFan, you don't support Maria anymore?
I still support Masha - I went to see and talk to her briefly after she lost to Myskina at the Acura Classic.

But I could see at San Diego that most people that went to the tournament wanted to see Masha the most - more people were watching Masha practising than watching Karolina's 1st round match (Karolina's match also was played at the same time as Dementieva/Myskina vs Bovina/Dechy doubles match). Karolina doesn't have many fans yet, which is one of the reasons that makes me want to support her even more. And she was very appreciative - after I cheered for her at her first match, she already remembered me.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 11th, 2004, 11:02 AM
http://wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22478

I think that's Karolina's father, but he looked younger than this when I saw him in San Diego.

flyingmachine
Aug 12th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Good Luck to Sprem at the Olympics.:D

Derek.
Aug 12th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Good luck Karolina! :D Get that gold medal! :woohoo: AJMO!!!!! :bounce:

Derek.
Aug 12th, 2004, 04:46 AM
Btw, what are Croatian outfits going to be? :scratch:

snowfox
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:18 PM
hi all am a new fan am alsop new to this site go sprem at the olympics has a gd draw i think a medal chance?? maybe.go klina.been a fan since that win of v williams what a result!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 13th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Singles Olympics Draw:

(8) Ai Sugiyama (JPN) vs Zheng Jie (CHN)
Tatiana Perebiynis (UKR) vs Dally Randriantefy (MAD)
Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA) vs Angelique Widjaja (INA)
Gisela Dulko (ARG) vs (12) Karolina Sprem (CRO)

(14) Silvia Farina Elia (ITA) vs Sandrine Testud (FRA)
Lubomira Kurhajcova (SVK) vs Lisa Raymond (USA)
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo (ESP) vs Katarina Srebotnik (SLO)
Alicia Molik (AUS) vs (4) Elena Dementieva (RUS)
Karolina, good luck all the way at the Athens 2004 Olympics!!

Go for it!! You can do it!!

Derek.
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Karolina, good luck all the way at the Athens 2004 Olympics!!

Go for it!! You can do it!!

How come when you refer to Karolina you always put it in bold print? :scratch:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:55 AM
How come when you refer to Karolina you always put it in bold print?
Because I want to emphasize and place importance on her name.

And you seem to have a question to ask me from time to time...

Derek.
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Because I want to emphasize and place importance on her name.

And you seem to have a question to ask me from time to time...

I was just curious. Cool idea. ;)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 14th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Good Luck with your 1st round match tomorrow, K-Lina!!

Court 7

Night Session - Not before 17:00

Akiko Morigami/Saori Obata (JPN) v (WC) Melinda Czink/Aniko Kapros (HUN)

Gisela Dulko (ARG) v (12) Karolina Sprem (CRO)

AjdeNate!
Aug 14th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Ajmo K-Lina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AjdeNate!
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Gisela's a good player and young... so it's a great win. Ajmo K-Lina!!!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Karolina, Keep It Up!!

Olympics 1st round

Karolina Sprem d. Gisela Dulko 7-6(6), 7-5
I didn't expect this match to be this close (Dulko even "served for the 1st set at *5-3"), so it's great that K-Lina could win the 1st set TB.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 16th, 2004, 04:04 AM
Good Luck with your doubles match today, K-Lina*Jelena-K!!

Court 7

Night Session - Not before 17:00

Wynne Prakusya/Angelique Widjaja (INA) v Jelena Kostanic/Karolina Sprem (CRO)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 16th, 2004, 11:23 AM
SPREM Karolina

Set 1 Set 2 Total

1ST Serve 59 57 57
Aces 3 2 5
Service Winner 1 1 2
Double Faults 4 3 7
1st Serve Points Won 18 19 37
1st Serve Points Played 24 23 47
1st Serve Winner 75 83 79
1st Serve Max Speed (kmh/mph)
2nd Serve Points Won 7 8 15
2nd Serve Points Played 17 17 34
2nd Serve Winner 41 47 44
2nd Serve Max Speed (kmh/mph)
Break Points Converted 2 1 3
Break Points Opportunities 7 4 11
Break Points Conversion 28 25 27
Net Points Won 4 1 5
Net Points Played 4 2 6
Net Points Winning 100 50 83
Total Points Won 54 43 97
Winners 16 8 24
Unforced Errors 38 30 68
Forehand Winners 11 4 15
Backhand Winners 5 4 9
Volley Winners 0 1 1

Minutes 58 44

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 16th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Jelena Kostanic/Karolina Sprem (CRO) d. Wynne Prakusya/Angelique Widjaja (INA) 6-3 6-2

Well Done! Keep It Up, K-Lina*Jelena-K!!

Derek.
Aug 16th, 2004, 10:35 PM
68 unforced errors! :eek: Karolina must cut down on those. Solid win otherwise and a good win in doubles also! :D Now K-Lina must beat Wadjaja in singles also! :bounce: Good luck Karolina! :woohoo:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 17th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Good Luck with your 2nd round match today, K-Lina!!

Court 6

Day session - Starting at 10:00

(WC) Angelique Widjaja (INA) v (12) Karolina Sprem (CRO)

Derek.
Aug 17th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Good luck Karolina! :)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 17th, 2004, 04:39 AM
She has to do her bes ttoday!!!! Ajmo K-Lina!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Keep It Up, K-Lina!!

Congratulations!!

Olympics 2nd round

Karolina Sprem d. Angelique Widjaja 6-3 6-1

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Match Statistics

SPREM Karolina

Set 1 Set 2 Total

1ST Serve 44 53 48
Aces 2 1 3
Service Winner 1 0 1
Double Faults 2 0 2
1st Serve Points Won 8 9 17
1st Serve Points Played 12 10 22
1st Serve Winner 67 90 77
2nd Serve Points Won 9 7 16
2nd Serve Points Played 15 9 24
2nd Serve Winner 60 78 67
Break Points Converted 3 2 5
Break Points Opportunities 6 7 13
Break Points Conversion 50 28 38
Net Points Won 6 7 13
Net Points Played 8 9 17
Net Points Winning 75 78 76
Total Points Won 37 32 69
Winners 20 13 33
Unforced Errors 22 16 38
Forehand Winners 11 7 18
Backhand Winners 9 6 15
Volley Winners 3 1 4

Minutes 33 26

Derek.
Aug 17th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Still to many unforced errors. -5 differential for winners to ues. But still solid match overall from Karolina! :bounce: Good luck next round K-Lina! :woohoo:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Good Luck with both your singles and doubles matches today, K-Lina!!

Good Luck also to Jelena-K!!

Play starts at 17:00 hrs

Court 7

(8) Ai Sugiyama (JPN) v (12) Karolina Sprem (CRO)
followed after suitable rest
(5) Shinobu Asagoe/Ai Sugiyama (JPN) v Jelena Kostanic/Karolina Sprem (CRO)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Ajmo K-Lina!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Go all the way, K-Lina!!

One of the third round's most intriguing matchups could come when No.8 seed Ai Sugiyama takes on No.12 seed Karolina Sprem.

Country Representation - Final 16

3 - United States
2 - Australia, France, Russia
1 - Belgium, Italy, Colombia, Japan, Croatia, Switzerland, Greece

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 18th, 2004, 06:05 AM
I want K-lina to at least win one medal... she deserves it!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:13 PM
K-Lina, now you have to win the 2nd and the 3rd sets!!

Go K-Lina!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:37 PM
K-Lina lost to Sugiyama 6-7(6) 1-6

It's OK! And hope you would have time to go back home before playing at New Haven next week.

Take care!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Match Statistics

SPREM Karolina

Set 1 Set 2 Total

1ST Serve 60 61 61
Aces 5 0 5
Service Winner 2 1 3
Double Faults 1 3 4
1st Serve Points Won 19 4 23
1st Serve Points Played 26 17 43
1st Serve Winner 73 24 53
2nd Serve Points Won 8 5 13
2nd Serve Points Played 17 11 28
2nd Serve Winner 47 45 46
Break Points Converted 1 1 2
Break Points Opportunities 2 1 3
Break Points Conversion 50 100 67
Net Points Won 2 0 2
Net Points Played 7 2 9
Net Points Winning 28 0 22
Total Points Won 43 16 59
Winners 14 3 17
Unforced Errors 38 26 64
Forehand Winners 6 1 7
Backhand Winners 8 2 10
Volley Winners 2 0 2

Minutes 49 27

Derek.
Aug 18th, 2004, 11:33 PM
:sad: Way too many errors! :eek: :eek: :eek:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 19th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Jelena Kostanic/Karolina Sprem (CRO) lost to (5) Shinobu Asagoe/Ai Sugiyama (JPN) 3-6 5-7

Kostanic/Sprem vs Asagoe/Sugiyama

1st Serve 66 70
Aces 0 0
Service Winner 0 0
Double Faults 3 6
1st Serve Points Won 26 31
1st Serve Points Played 45 49
1st Serve Winner 57 63
2nd Serve Points Won 7 10
2nd Serve Points Played 23 21
2nd Serve Winner 30 48
Break Points Converted 2 5
Break Points Opportunities 7 8
Break Points Conversion 28 63
Total Points Won 62 76

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 19th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Gaz de France Stars. 27 September-2 October. Hasselt, Belgium. Tier III

1. Kim Clijsters
2. Elena Dementieva
3. Francesca Schiavone
4. Karolina Sprem
5. Elena Bovina
6. Silvia Farina Elia
7. Amy Frazier
8. Natalie Dechy
9. Meghann Schaughnessy
10. Emilie Loit
11. Jelena Kostanic
12. Maria Sanchez Lorenzo
13. Annabel Medina Garrigues
14. Claudine Schaul
15. Lina Krasnoroutskaya
16. Iveta Benesova
17. Anca Barna
18. Denisa Chladkova
19. Arantxa Parra Santonja
20. Viginia Ruano Pacual
21. Tathiana Garbin
22. wild card
23. wild card
24. wild card
WC Els Callens
WC Kirsten Flipkens

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 20th, 2004, 03:06 AM
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut
August 19, 2004

The Pilot Pen Tennis Tournament suffered major blows on the last day that players could enter. Six players on the main draw entry list withdrew.

Some players who planned to compete, including No. 13 Ai Sugiyama of Japan and No. 15 Paola Suarez of Argentina, dropped out of the tournament because they were still playing in the Olympics by the time of the entry deadline.

Other players withdrew because of injury and illness. No. 18 Karolina Sprem of Croatia and No. 34 Jelena Dokic of Serbia both pulled out because they said they needed more time to rest before the U.S. Open. No. 46 Tara Pisnik of Slovenia dropped out because of a neck injury.
K-Lina, it's a very good idea to have some rest. But I'm sure you've been practising very hard for the US Open.

Best of Luck to You!!

AjdeNate!
Aug 20th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Rest up KLina :D

Derek.
Aug 20th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Good idea K-Lina! ;) Rest up do you can have an excellent US Open! :D

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 24th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Seeds are shaken by Sprem's flowering talent

The Independent
By Jason Burt at Wimbledon
27 June 2004

When Karolina Sprem took to her chair on Centre Court last week she plucked two soft toys from her tennis bag and laid them down beside her. With her hair scraped back, and nervously straightening her dress, she looked like a gauche schoolgirl ready to sit an exam. Which, given she was about to face Venus Williams, was understandable. Just 102 minutes later and the young Croatian stepped from court a 7-6 7-6 victor after one of the most explosive and dramatic performances Wimbledon had seen in years. It was the earliest loss Williams had suffered in a major since 1997.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 25th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Best of Luck to You at the US Open, K-Lina!!

2004 US Open Women's Singles Seeds

1. Justine Henin-Hardenne, Belgium
2. Amelie Mauresmo, France
3. Serena Williams, United States
4. Anastasia Myskina, Russia
5. Lindsay Davenport, United States
6. Elena Dementieva, Russia
7. Maria Sharapova, Russia
8. Jennifer Capriati, United States
9. Svetlana Kuznetsova, Russia
10. Vera Zvonareva, Russia
11. Venus Williams, United States
12. Ai Sugiyama, Japan
13. Paola Suarez, Argentina
14. Nadia Petrova, Russia
15. Patty Schnyder, Switzerland
16. Francesca Schiavone, Italy
17. Alicia Molik, Australia
18. Karolina Sprem, Croatia
19. Silvia Farina Elia, Italy
20. Chanda Rubin, United States
21. Amy Frazier, United States
22. Magdalena Maleeva, Bulgaria
23. Fabiola Zuluaga, Colombia
24. Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi, Israel
25. Elena Likhovtseva, Russia
26. Elena Bovina, Russia
27. Mary Pierce, France
28. Nathalie Dechy, France
29. Eleni Daniilidou, Greece
30. Tatiana Golovin, France
31. Maria Vento-Kabchi, Venezuela
32. Meghann Shaughnessy, United States

AjdeNate!
Aug 25th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Ajmo from the #18 seed!!

croat123
Aug 26th, 2004, 01:05 AM
First round vs. Kostanic :eek::mad: ajmo k-lina!! she will use this draw to her advantage while jelena will make the third round max...

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 26th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Good Luck, K-Lina!!

2004 US Open Women's Singles Draw

Karolina Sprem CRO (18) v. Jelena Kostanic CRO

Rita Grande ITA v. Qualifier

Tamarine Tanasugarn THA v. Gisela Dulko ARG

Teryn Ashley USA v. Ai Sugiyama JPN (12)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 30th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Good Luck with your 1st round match on Monday, K-Lina!!

Court 7 11.00 AM Start

1. Karolina Sprem (CRO)[18] v. Jelena Kostanic (CRO)

JLDementieva
Aug 30th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Good luck K-Lina!!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 30th, 2004, 03:48 AM
At the moment Karolina is in NY where she prepares for the upcoming US Open. She confirmed that she no longer works with her old coach Sasa Hirszon, but is surprised with the reasons he had given: "I'm not in a relationship with Borna Bikic, that's rubbish. I can't trust Hirszon anymore and he can't trust me. We've had enough of each other, and he decided to quit working with me."

Octagon will find a new coach for Sprem.

Kindly translated by Joana
K-Lina, I just want to say that you have my support 100% during this not so easy time. And I'm sure you will get over it soon.

All the very best to you with your new coach!

Be strong! I believe in you totally!

AjdeNate!
Aug 30th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Good luck K-Lina! You can do it.. one ball, one point, one game, one set, one match at a time.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 30th, 2004, 04:40 AM
"Women's Look Forward: U. S. Open

(18) Sprem vs. Kostanic. Croatia's top two players, one seeded, the other barely shy of a seed. Sprem has the edge in power, Kostanic in touch; neither cares for fast hardcourts. Beg the TV networks to show this one."

Bероника
Aug 30th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Good luck in N.Y.,Karolina!!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:25 PM
K-Lina lost to Kostanic 3-6 6-2 4-6

K-Lina, I wish I could be there to see you after you lost!

Hope you're OK.

I'll send a letter to you tomorrow.

Take care!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:33 PM
I hope this 1st round loss would make K-Lina play at Beijing.

If so, for sure I'll be there.

Bероника
Aug 31st, 2004, 12:30 PM
I'm very sorry things didn't go your way yesterday,Karolina :sad: But don't worry,you're young,you have more US Opens to win in the next years :D

Here' s an article I found about yesterday's loss:

No. 18 Sprem Downed by Croatian Countrymate Kostanic
by Ranon Masliyah
Monday, August 30, 2004

Notching one of the day's biggest upsets, 40th-ranked Jelena Kostanic beat Croatian countrymate and 18th seed Karolina Sprem, 6-3, 2-6, 6-4, Monday, as both players fought a 30-minute rain delay at the start of their match, intense humidity and each other's sparkling strokes to entertain the supportive Court 7 crowd.

Withstanding an onslaught of Sprem's powerful, stinging groundstrokes with her specialty top spins, slides and short balls, the 24-year-old Kostanic advanced to the second round of the Open for the third time. Kostanic will next face Russia's Eugenia Linetskaya, who defeated Rita Grande of Italy in her first-round match Monday.

Nineteen-year-old Sprem, who recently advanced to the third round in singles at the Olympics and played doubles with Kostanic there, appeared to set the tone early with her thunderous strokes that struck deep into Kostanic's backcourt, forcing her to race continually from corner to corner. Kostanic was up to the challenge, however, skating from side to side and answering Sprem's shots well enough to win the first set, 6-3.

Though both players were surprised and somewhat disappointed to be facing each other as just two of the three Croatians in the women's draw, neither wilted ceremoniously to the other here at the US Open. In the second set, Sprem showed why she jumped from No. 82 in the past year, scattering stinging forehands and backhands all over the hardcourt, very few of which Kostanic could reach with her left-handed stroke. Sprem, dressed in her favorite color of pink, won the set, 6-2, sending the match into a final set.

In the third set, Sprem battled her way to a 2-2 tie before Kostanic won the fifth game after trailing, 15-40. Sprem, who tried to slow down the momentum of her opponent by tying her shoelaces and wiping herself off with a towel on more than one occasion, trailed 5-3 after falling victim to yet another drop shot from Kostanic, who specifically fine-tuned that part of her game to counteract Sprem's exhaustingly-pinpointed baseline tactics. Leading 40-0 at match point, Kostanic showed her diverse range of tennis skills, advancing to the second round after placing a sharp, narrow winner past Sprem in the near corner.

http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/b_sprem_d01.jpg

http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/b_sprem1_d01.jpg

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 31st, 2004, 05:12 PM
Thank you very much for the article!

And it's also very nice to see K-Lina's pictures.

Bероника
Aug 31st, 2004, 05:44 PM
You can see another photo of K-Lina here:

http://www.wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27061

And you can read another report about the match here:

http://www.tennisrulz.com/articles/200408/15.htm

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 31st, 2004, 05:59 PM
Thank you so much again, veronika!

I'm going to read that article now.

Bероника
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:04 PM
You're welcome.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:08 PM
In the third set, Sprem battled her way to a 2-2 tie before Kostanic won the fifth game after trailing, 15-40.
I think things could have been otherwise if K-Lina was the one who won the 5th game.

Anyway, after reading the above artice I can say that K-Lina didn't play badly. I'm not upset about her loss, but I just really feel for her that she lost the 1st round.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 1st, 2004, 05:36 AM
Match Summary

Sprem (CRO) vs. Kostanic (CRO)

1st Serve % 37 of 87 = 43%, 64 of 104 = 62%

Aces 1, 1

Double Faults 6, 2

Unforced Errors 6, 2

Winning % on 1st Serve 25 of 37 = 68%, 38 of 64 = 59%

Winning % on 2nd Serve 23 of 50 = 46%, 20 of 40 = 50%

Receiving Points Won 46 of 104 = 44%, 39 of 87 = 45%

Break Point Conversions 4 of 16 = 25%, 5 of 8 = 63%

Total Points Won 94, 97

Elapsed Time by Set: 33, 38, 61
Break Point Conversions:

K-Lina: 4 of 16 = 25% - Obviously this was one of the problems.

Kostanic: 5 of 8 = 63%

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:23 AM
And you can read another report about the match here:

http://www.tennisrulz.com/articles/200408/15.htm
Below is that report:

US Open Preview (report #2)

by Pierre Cantin

…Once play started, I went to see the match between Karolina Sprem and Jelena Kostanic…So I watched the first two games which looked pretty normal to me, and then left for a few minutes, just so I could check out quickly matches I wanted to see…

All this happened fairy quickly and I returned to court #7 where Karolina was now down by one break..what? What happened!? Well, it was an interesting match, I stayed for the rest of the match (apart from the first 2-3 games of set #3). I think Karolina did not play THAT badly.. I mean, it was a high quality match (highest I saw among first rounds in WTA matches). Basicaly, it seemed like Karolina had no match plan though. For most of the match, she would either hit very hard on every shot, trying to hit winners... or then go to a different strategy, which was to get every ball back. But Kostanic is a pretty good player and just getting the ball back, especially when you consider K-Lina's strenghts and weaknesses, just wasn't working. I was really trying to look for some type of effort to build points, to set up her big shots, but I saw none of it. Both were fighting pretty hard and I guess it could have been anyone's match but I don't saying K-Lina had a "off" day would be right. She could have had some better shots, maybe some free points on first serves would have been nice, but mostly I would say it was the tactical point that was missing, Kostanic on the other hand was very patient but she was able to take the offence on short balls. At some point in the second set, at 1-1 I think, it seemed as though Karolina started doing everything right, I was pretty excited at that point, thinking, oh ok, that was just a slow start. But afterwards, I thought about it a little more and I think Karolina simply got on a tear and those tough shots started going in for a few points, but that was a risk Jelena was willing to take, the risk of Karolina being red-hot all match long..which just didn't happen. I think nerves played a part in the last few points, Kostanic was very calm and finished things on a good note despite needing a few more opportunities than she ideally would have liked.

Bероника
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:17 PM
Another photo of K-Lina:

http://www.tennis.info/images/US4/04Mon/Sprem3513.jpg

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 02:28 AM
Thanks a lot, veronika!

Go K-Lina!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Good Luck, K-Lina!!

Porsche Tennis Grand Prix. Filderstadt, Germany - Oct. 4-10 (Tier II)

Initial Acceptance List

Main Draw

BEL F 1 Justine HENIN-HARDENNE 1
FRA F 2 Amelie MAURESMO 2
RUS F 3 Anastasia MYSKINA 3
USA F 4 Lindsay DAVENPORT 4
BEL F 5 Kim CLIJSTERS 5
RUS F 6 Elena DEMENTIEVA 6
USA F 7 Jennifer CAPRIATI 7
RUS F 9 Vera ZVONAREVA 8
RUS F 10 Svetlana KUZNETSOVA 9
USA F 11 Serena WILLIAMS 10
FRA F 11 S Sandrine TESTUD 11
ARG F 13 Paola SUAREZ 12
JPN F 14 Ai SUGIYAMA 13
RUS F 15 Nadia PETROVA 14
ITA F 17 Francesca SCHIAVONE 15
CRO F 18 Karolina ŠPREM 16
RUS F 19 Elena BOVINA 17
ISR F 20 Anna SMASHNOVA-PISTOLESI 18
USA F 23 Chanda RUBIN 19
FRA F 28 Mary PIERCE 20
SVK F 34 Daniela HANTUCHOVA 21

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Top 20 Wins of 2004 - a thread by Tennisace
5-Karolina Sprem
#20 Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi (Antwerp R32)
#14 Svetlana Kuznetsova (Miami R16)
#18 Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi (Eastbourne R32)
#8 Venus Williams (Wimbledon R64)
#11 Ai Sugiyama (Montreal R16)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Top 20 Wins of 2004 - a thread by Tennisace
5-Karolina Sprem

#20 Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi (Antwerp R32)
#14 Svetlana Kuznetsova (Miami R16)
#18 Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi (Eastbourne R32)
#8 Venus Williams (Wimbledon R64)
#11 Ai Sugiyama (Montreal R16)

AjdeNate!
Sep 9th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Ajmo K-Lina!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Ajmo K-Lina : www.Karolina-Sprem.com
± My hosting company died and I lost all my files ±
± Help me restore the site. Click the link. Get stuff ±
Poor Nathan!

Hope your K-Lina website will be up and running again soon! I do miss writing comments on your site a lot!

AjdeNate!
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:23 AM
I'm working on it :D
I have most data files re-typed and have recovered 238 photos so far.
It's a painstaking process :wavey:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:29 AM
I'm working on it
I have most data files re-typed and have recovered 238 photos so far.

Your great work is much appreciated! Keep it up!

"I have recovered 238 photos" - 238 pictures out of how many?

AjdeNate!
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Your great work is much appreciated! Keep it up!

"I have recovered 238 photos" - 238 pictures out of how many?
I never had an exact count... but in the area of 400-450 or so.
Some I don't know that I'll ever see again, but I'm please with what I've been able to find so far. :D

AjdeNate!
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:40 AM
I'm missing (from what I can just recall off the top of my head)

Strasbourgh 2003
Vienna 2003
Poitiers 2003 (but I think I have a connection to get those again)
And any of her challengers from before 2003.
Like Mostar had some and other CRO challengers.
I'm still hunting like mad to find 'em. :D

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Thanks.

Were her pictures in the Images section on your site? Somehow I couldn't get to see them.

AjdeNate!
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Thanks.

Were her pictures in the Images section on your site? Somehow I couldn't get to see them.
They were, but with bandwidth issues I couldn't make them all available at the same time. So I opted to open only selected galleries

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 9th, 2004, 09:14 AM
I'm missing

Strasbourgh 2003
Vienna 2003
Poitiers 2003 (but I think I have a connection to get those again)
And any of her challengers from before 2003.
Like Mostar had some and other CRO challengers.
Would be really nice to see her pictures from 2003 and before that, because in 2003 I didn't even know about her.

AjdeNate!
Sep 9th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Would be really nice to see her pictures from 2003 and before that, because in 2003 I didn't even know about her.
Poitiers photos re-cooped! :bounce: :woohoo:

flyingmachine
Sep 9th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Good Luck, K-Lina!!

Porsche Tennis Grand Prix. Filderstadt, Germany - Oct. 4-10 (Tier II)

Initial Acceptance List

Main Draw

BEL F 1 Justine HENIN-HARDENNE 1
FRA F 2 Amelie MAURESMO 2
RUS F 3 Anastasia MYSKINA 3
USA F 4 Lindsay DAVENPORT 4
BEL F 5 Kim CLIJSTERS 5
RUS F 6 Elena DEMENTIEVA 6
USA F 7 Jennifer CAPRIATI 7
RUS F 9 Vera ZVONAREVA 8
RUS F 10 Svetlana KUZNETSOVA 9
USA F 11 Serena WILLIAMS 10
FRA F 11 S Sandrine TESTUD 11
ARG F 13 Paola SUAREZ 12
JPN F 14 Ai SUGIYAMA 13
RUS F 15 Nadia PETROVA 14
ITA F 17 Francesca SCHIAVONE 15
CRO F 18 Karolina ŠPREM 16
RUS F 19 Elena BOVINA 17
ISR F 20 Anna SMASHNOVA-PISTOLESI 18
USA F 23 Chanda RUBIN 19
FRA F 28 Mary PIERCE 20
SVK F 34 Daniela HANTUCHOVA 21

Oh so this is her next tournment it seems she is having some rest and ready for the indoor season. :D It has been a good year for her so far. Good luck K-Lina. :worship:

To Athenaeum: I'm feel sorry you lost the data from your website recently. :sad: What's happened? I hope it will be up and running soon. :hug:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 10th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Oh so this is her next tournment
No. K-Lina will be playing the Gaz de France Stars first.

Gaz de France Stars. 27 September-2 October. Hasselt, Belgium. Tier III

1. Kim Clijsters
2. Elena Dementieva
3. Francesca Schiavone
4. Karolina Sprem
5. Elena Bovina
6. Silvia Farina Elia
7. Amy Frazier
8. Natalie Dechy
9. Meghann Schaughnessy
10. Emilie Loit
11. Jelena Kostanic
12. Maria Sanchez Lorenzo
13. Annabel Medina Garrigues
14. Claudine Schaul
15. Lina Krasnoroutskaya
16. Iveta Benesova
17. Anca Barna
18. Denisa Chladkova
19. Arantxa Parra Santonja
20. Viginia Ruano Pacual
21. Tathiana Garbin
22. wild card
23. wild card
24. wild card
WC Els Callens
WC Kirsten Flipkens

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 10th, 2004, 07:43 AM
09.09.2004 18:39

TENISKI BRAK Na nedavnoj američkoj turneji:

Karolina Šprem i Borna Bikić tajno vjenčani?

ZAGREB Iako je jučer u tjedniku Extra! Karolina Šprem odbila potvrditi svoju vezu s naočitim 28-godišnjim Zagrepčaninom Bornom Bikićem kao i informaciju da joj je on novi trener, iz krugova bliskih njihovim obiteljima neslužbeno smo doznali da ne samo što je trener Jelene Dokić nova ljubav naše najbolje tenisačice nego i to da su su se nedavno, za njezine američke turneje, čak i tajno vjenčali!

Nedavno je medijsku prašinu podignuo prekid petogodišnje suradnje s trenerom Sašom Hiršzonom pa se špekuliralo o tome kako je razlog tome upravo njezina veza s Bornom Bikićem, no Karolina je tvrdila kako je suradnja zapravo prekinuta zbog međusobnih trzavica pa prekid suradnje s dosadašnjim trenerom nije doživjela kao neku tragediju.

A srpsku tenisačicu Jelenu Dokić i Varaždinku Karolinu Šprem ne povezuje samo Borna Bikić nego i prijateljstvo izvan teniskih terena. Poznato je, također, da je Jelena u ljubavnoj vezi s Borninim bratom Tinom Bikićem, zbog kojega se posvadila s ocem i preselila u Monte Carlo. (Em. B.)

http://www.vecernji-list.hr/freetim.../89689/index.do

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 13th, 2004, 06:26 AM
WTA Tour Singles Ranking
Rank date 13 September 2004:

588.00 18 (20) SPREM, KAROLINA 1415.75 22 2.00 .00 CRO 2.00

Porsche Race to the Championships
As of Sep 13, 2004:

CRO 1,374.00 18 KAROLINA SPREM 15

Top Prize money leaders
Cur Name Nation Singles Doubles Total

30 SPREM, KAROLINA CRO 355,563 3,880 359,443

Nice to see K-Lina regains her caree-high #18 ranking this week.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 16th, 2004, 07:42 AM
K-Lina's Schedule:

Gaz de France Stars. Hasselt, Belgium. September 27 - October 3. Tier III

Porsche Tennis Grand Prix. Filderstadt, Germany. October 4-10. Tier II

Swisscom Challenge. Zurich, Switzerland. October 17-24. Tier I

Generali Ladies Linz. Linz, Austria. October 25-31. Tier II

Principessa
Sep 16th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Karolina :kiss:.

chrisbutt88
Sep 17th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Ten whole days waiting to see my lovely .....

:woohoo: :nerner: :inlove: KAROLINA ŠPREM :inlove: :kiss: :kiss:

Cann't wait :drool:

Chrisbutt88 http://www.clubs.nl/community/default.asp?clubid=239655 (http://www.clubs.nl/community/default.asp?clubid=239655)

croat123
Sep 18th, 2004, 12:58 PM
K-Lina's Schedule:

Gaz de France Stars. Hasselt, Belgium. September 27 - October 3. Tier III

Porsche Tennis Grand Prix. Filderstadt, Germany. October 4-10. Tier II

Swisscom Challenge. Zurich, Switzerland. October 17-24. Tier I

Generali Ladies Linz. Linz, Austria. October 25-31. Tier II
she is also playing in moscow :)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 18th, 2004, 01:03 PM
she is also playing in moscow
Then it means K-Lina is going to play every week in October - it's too much!!

Bероника
Sep 18th, 2004, 02:58 PM
09.09.2004 18:39

TENISKI BRAK Na nedavnoj američkoj turneji:

Karolina Šprem i Borna Bikić tajno vjenčani?

ZAGREB Iako je jučer u tjedniku Extra! Karolina Šprem odbila potvrditi svoju vezu s naočitim 28-godišnjim Zagrepčaninom Bornom Bikićem kao i informaciju da joj je on novi trener, iz krugova bliskih njihovim obiteljima neslužbeno smo doznali da ne samo što je trener Jelene Dokić nova ljubav naše najbolje tenisačice nego i to da su su se nedavno, za njezine američke turneje, čak i tajno vjenčali!

Nedavno je medijsku prašinu podignuo prekid petogodišnje suradnje s trenerom Sašom Hiršzonom pa se špekuliralo o tome kako je razlog tome upravo njezina veza s Bornom Bikićem, no Karolina je tvrdila kako je suradnja zapravo prekinuta zbog međusobnih trzavica pa prekid suradnje s dosadašnjim trenerom nije doživjela kao neku tragediju.

A srpsku tenisačicu Jelenu Dokić i Varaždinku Karolinu Šprem ne povezuje samo Borna Bikić nego i prijateljstvo izvan teniskih terena. Poznato je, također, da je Jelena u ljubavnoj vezi s Borninim bratom Tinom Bikićem, zbog kojega se posvadila s ocem i preselila u Monte Carlo. (Em. B.)

http://www.vecernji-list.hr/freetim.../89689/index.do

Ok,thanks! But could someone translate this text for an ignorant,non-croatian speaking girl like me? It would be very much appreciated.Thanks in advance!

flyingmachine
Sep 18th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Then it means K-Lina is going to play every week in October - it's too much!!
It's a bit too much indeed also she's not one of these top players who has bye on the first round. That means more tennis for her. :rolleyes: I hope she is not going to burnout. Despite saying that she is not in the Championship so she can finished earlier than other players.

croat123
Sep 19th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Ok,thanks! But could someone translate this text for an ignorant,non-croatian speaking girl like me? It would be very much appreciated.Thanks in advance!
basically, it says that it is speculated that k-lina married borna bikic (jelena d's coach). K-lina says it didn't happen. It could be the reason K-lina split with her coach. K-lina and Jelena are good friends off the court and Jelena is going out with borna's brother (foursome :tape: )

croat123
Sep 19th, 2004, 04:25 PM
It's a bit too much indeed also she's not one of these top players who has bye on the first round. That means more tennis for her. :rolleyes: I hope she is not going to burnout. Despite saying that she is not in the Championship so she can finished earlier than other players.
i'm sure she'll skip one if she starts making it deep into the draws, but if she makes the qfs each week then it will be fine

Principessa
Sep 20th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Karolina has a new coach: Mario Tudor (Goran's coach over the past few years)

http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/20040920/sport04.asp

BTW, her parents state in this article that she isn't married to Borna Bikić.

:)

chrisbutt88
Sep 20th, 2004, 09:52 AM

:)Good to hear she has not this fake coach & even better that she's not married (at that age would be really catastrophic). Changes she plays Gaz de France are big now !!!???
It's indeed totally nuts to play every week in October !!!

Chrisbutt88 http://www.clubs.nl/community/default.asp?clubid=239655 (http://www.clubs.nl/community/default.asp?clubid=239655)

flyingmachine
Sep 20th, 2004, 08:55 PM

:)
Good news indeed. :)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 21st, 2004, 06:00 AM
Thanks a lot for the very good news!

Bероника
Sep 21st, 2004, 05:57 PM
thanks for the news!!

marrying? Isn't she way too young for that?

Principessa
Sep 25th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Karolina Sprem [4] - Annabel Medina-Garrigues
Q - Maria-Elena Camerin
Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Claudine Schaul
Viriginia Ruano-Pascual - Jelena Kostanic [9]

Vamos Karolina, time to take that first title!! :kiss:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 25th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks for K-Lina's schedule!

AjdeNate!
Sep 25th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Ajmo!

croat123
Sep 25th, 2004, 10:44 PM
ajmo!!!

chrisbutt88
Sep 27th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Today is the day...!!!
Think she has a good draw against unknown
spanish player...so beat them all darling !!!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Love you Karolina :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 27th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Today is the day...!!!
K-Lina doesn't play today.

Bероника
Sep 27th, 2004, 11:08 AM
So when? Tomorrow?

Ajmo Karolina baby!!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 27th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Don't know yet.

chrisbutt88
Sep 27th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Don't know yet.
OK ... (cry !! ) she maybe doesn't play but her
Croat buddy/friend Kostanic is crushing Ruano
-Pasqual first set......:bounce: Promisses ...??? !!! :wavey:

Bероника
Sep 27th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Don't cry,Chris,I'm sure she'll play tomorrow or after tomorrow and will win.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:18 AM
It looks like K-Lina, Lena D and Kim will all be playing on Wednesday.

2 seeded players - Bovina and Kostanic - played on Monday; and another 2: Farina Elia
and Maleeva are playing on Tuesday.

chrisbutt88
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Kostanic is worse then i thought & Ruano better than expected !!!
How could K-Lina lose at the US Open ?? Think she was to emotional
with this coach-thing & couldn't crush her friend...Hope it's better now !!

[QUOTE=chrisbutt88]
Croat buddy/friend Kostanic is crushing Ruano
-Pasqual first set......:bounce: Promisses ...??? !!! :wavey:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:39 AM
How could K-Lina lose at the US Open ?? Think she was to emotional
with this coach-thing & couldn't crush her friend...
Maybe K-Lina lost because Kostanic knows her game better than any other player on the tour. But it was a very close match, which could have been either player's win.

Are K-Lina and Kostanic friends?

Hope it's better now !!
I think K-Lina is fine now because she already has a new and good coach.

chrisbutt88
Sep 28th, 2004, 12:24 PM
K-LinaŠpremFan: Are K-Lina and Kostanic friends?

A new enemy ???

Cann't wait to see ye :drool:

Bероника
Sep 28th, 2004, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't say Kostanic is a super player,but she is a good,intelligent one.Probably Karolina had her head in other things in the Open with all that was going on.I'm only guessing since I didn't get to see this match.

Anyway,ajmo Karolina on wednesday!!!!

Too bad this tourney has no tv coverage here so I won't be able to watch my dear Karolina in action again :sad: But if she wins I'll be equally happy of course!

chrisbutt88
Sep 28th, 2004, 02:15 PM
:kiss: I'm a lucky one Veronika...living in NL I can watch Sporza.be (VRT1) witch covers almost every match....maybe you can watch it on eurosport ?

Anyway,ajmo Karolina on wednesday!!!!
Too bad this tourney has no tv coverage here so I won't be able to watch my dear Karolina in action again :sad: But if she wins I'll be equally happy of course!

Principessa
Sep 28th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Ajmo princess Karolina :hearts:, eat them all up :p

AjdeNate!
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:34 PM
First match on the main court on Wednesday

Mathijs
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:59 PM
:kiss: I'm a lucky one Veronika...living in NL I can watch Sporza.be (VRT1) witch covers almost every match....maybe you can watch it on eurosport ?

ES won't broadcast Hasselt!!, i'm also very lucky cuz i'll see the match also myself on the Belgian TV.... ;)

Bероника
Sep 28th, 2004, 07:33 PM
wow i didn't know Karolina had so many fans in Belgium! Well,enjoy her play and you tell the rest of us about her match.
Cheers!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 29th, 2004, 02:20 AM
Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Centre Court (from 12.00hrs)
1. Sanchez Lorenzo vs. Ruano Pascual
2. Sprem vs. Medina Garrigues

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 29th, 2004, 03:23 AM
I'm glad that I've got to post both post #100 and post #200 in this thread.

croat123
Sep 29th, 2004, 05:01 AM
ajmo k-lina!! just focus!!

JLDementieva
Sep 29th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Good luck K-Lina!! :bounce:

chrisbutt88
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:25 AM
ES won't broadcast Hasselt!!, i'm also very lucky cuz i'll see the match also myself on the Belgian TV.... ;):yippee: :nerner: You're a lucky one....
first Benesova now.....

(http://www.clubs.nl/community/default.asp?clubid=239655)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 29th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Good luck with your 1st round match today, K-Lina!!

Principessa
Sep 29th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Saw the match,

Karolina was rushing too much and made tons of errors in the first set. In the second set she started playing only a little bit better but somehow she managed to come back from a break behind and take the second set.
In the third Karolina made less errors + it seemed like Anabel got injured after an amazing rally.

Karolina had 55 winners if I'm correct (and the same amount of UEs (maybe 2 or 3 less) but who cares :p)

Ajmo Karolina get your game together tomorrow!

chrisbutt88
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Saw the match,
Karolina was rushing too much and made tons of errors in the first set. In the second set she started playing only a little bit better but somehow she managed to come back. Ajmo Karolina get your game together tomorrow! Didn't see it ..recorded it so hopely it's not that bad 'cause she has to play Maria Elena Camerin (ITA) (WTA45)

Bероника
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Hey,thanks for the report.Let's hope K-Lina finds her good game vs Camerin.Should we be scared of the italian? I've never seen her play so I don't know if she's good,or bad player.

croat123
Sep 29th, 2004, 05:18 PM
i don't know either. the next match will tell us a lot about where k-lina's game is right now...

thanx for the report :)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Keep it up, K-Lina!!

Centre Court (from 12.00hrs)

1. Schiavone vs. Llagostera Vives
2. Maleeva vs. Callens
3. Sprem vs. Camerin

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Thanks a lot for the very good report!

The amount of K-Lina's winners is great, but she really needs to cut down the number of her UEs.

At first I was scared this morning when I couldn't see K-Lina's name on the left side (winners' side) in wtatour.com's results section because I was looking at the 2nd round results.

AjdeNate!
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Camerin is a solid player, but can't hurt K-Lina off the ground. K-Lina has all the firepower. She'll need to attack her serve and watch her UEs and I think she'll be ok. Camerin is very consistent, but not as powerful or fast as K-Lina.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Nice to hear that.

Melusine
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:27 AM
I also saw K-lina playing yesterday, she suffered from lack of constancy. especially the first set K-Lina's first serve didn't come through and she really had some wild errors on important moments. also some close calls - but nice as she is she barely protested, whereas Medina started swearing for balls from K-Lina clearly on the line given in. She even got a time violation warning on the K-Lina serve.

Anyway, she played much better from the second half of the second set on hitting some breath-taking winners. And yes the Belgian crowd was with her :angel:

I also have two signatures, one I asked after her training with Farina Elia in the morning, I talked to her for a moment, she was of course smiling and really glad the crowd was behind her "hope it will be as nice as in Anwerp" :wavey:

Bероника
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Thanks melusine for your report.Nice to hear the belgian crowd supports her.

Good luck today vs Camerin!!!!

chrisbutt88
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:45 PM
I also saw K-lina played much better from the second half of the second set on hitting some breath-taking winners. And yes the Belgian crowd was with her :angel:
I also have two signatures, one I asked after her training with Farina Elia in the morning, I talked to her for a moment, she was of course smiling and really glad the crowd was behind her "hope it will be as nice as in Anwerp" :wavey::hearts: You where lucky to see 2 beauties in one day:lick:
Think K-lina wasn't really concentrated at all, she in some clouds with....???? Saw the nailpolish & ring !!! Who is the lucky one !!!!:hearts:
Her play was quiet agressive but wrong placed & she went to early to the net..a littlebit inpulsive...but lovely poor MEDINA played her best play until the injuries....:angel:

Principessa
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Ugh Karolina Karolina, talk about blowing your chances!!
She soo gave it all away, wasting sooooo many break points by making stupid stupid errors :sad:

AjdeNate!
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:03 PM
:bigcry: :sad: :mad:
Dang it K-Lina WAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many UE's. :sad:

Principessa
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:10 PM
She really needs to slow it down a little bit.

Karo :kiss:

chrisbutt88
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:12 PM
:( K-lina is out:confused: Lost 6-4/6-4 to Camerin....it's a shame :o Get your thing together..lovethoughts exit next time !!!:eek:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 1st, 2004, 02:41 AM
K-Lina, surely I wished you could do better than this at this tournament.

However, before the tournament it was in my thoughts that you could lose in the 1st round, but it was really good that you managed to win it; because if you lost the 1st round having already lost your 1st match at the US Open 4 weeks ago, it would have been a big blow to your confidence.

Now let's wait and see whether or not you can do better than this next week.

But I do believe in you! I know it's just a matter of time before you will achieve good results, and I really hope you will make it happen sooner than later.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 1st, 2004, 02:56 AM
Thanks a lot for the very good report!
...I also have two signatures, one I asked after her training with Farina Elia in the morning, I talked to her for a moment, she was of course smiling and really glad the crowd was behind her "hope it will be as nice as in Anwerp"
Wow! I wish I could see you again too, K-Lina. I miss you!

Yes, this girl is very appreciative of fans' support.

chrisbutt88
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:40 AM
K-Lina, you could lose in the 1st round, it would have been a big blow to your confidence.
Now let's wait and see wether or not you can do better than this next week.
But I do believe in you! I know it's just a matter of time before you will achieve good results, and I really hope you will make it happen sooner than later.
:rolleyes: I don't her confidence is the problem, also not her concentration witch are both her strong capacities...think it has to do with thoughts in her head:hearts: :hearts: witch are more important.. you could see it yesterday against Camerin..she wasn't that disappointed about it and rushed to...:confused:

I agree with you that it is a matter of time..if she's not copying Dokic !!:kiss: :kiss: by the way it was really terrible to see a tricky player like this Venetian Camerin get away with a win :devil: :(

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:59 AM
...you could see it yesterday against Camerin..she wasn't that disappointed about it and rushed to...
"she wasn't that disappointed about it" - I think that's K-Lina's personality: Even if she was disappointed, she wouldn't show her emotion much - I saw it in person after she lost badly to Davenport in San Diego (I was there to comfort her after that match).
......think it has to do with thoughts in her head...
And I think what you've written about K-Lina also has to do with thoughts in your head. But I don't think you should worry even if she is indeed in love with someone - this girl surely knows what she is doing, and I do believe in her.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:51 PM
Porsche Tennis Grand Prix

1 Amelie Mauresmo[FRA] vs bye
Patty Schnyder[SUI] vs Q/LL
Karolina Sprem[CRO] vs Silvia Farina Elia[ITA]
5 Elena Dementieva[RUS] vs Q/LL

4 Svetlana Kuznetsova[RUS] vs bye
Elena Bovina[RUS] vs WC Anna Lena Gröenefeld[GER]
Q/LL vs Marlene Weingartner[GER]
8 Ai Sugiyama[JAP] vs Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi[ISR]

6 Vera Zvonareva[RUS] vs Elena Likhovtseva[RUS]
Mary Pierce[FRA] vs Paola Suarez[ARG]
WC Nathalie Dechy[FRA] vs Magdalena Maleeva[BUL]
3 Anastasia Myskina[RUS] vs bye

7 Nadia Petrova[RUS] vs Q/LL
Q/LL vs Daniela Hantuchova[SVK]
Alicia Molik[AUS] vs Francesca Schiavone[ITA]
2 Lindsay Davenport[USA] vs bye

AjdeNate!
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:07 PM
Tough one... but fight hard girl!!

BK4ever
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:38 PM
Klina should be in Tokyo...she needs to play a few lower tournaments and try to get that first title...she is turning out to be another Anna K...in terms of schedule :sad:

croat123
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:37 PM
first round could be good (and will give her bonus points)
dementieva doesn't do well the week after winning a tournament...
and she almost beat momo in canada

hard, but doable

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 4th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Good luck with your 1st round match today, K-Lina!!

Monday, October 4, 2004

Centre Court (from 13.00hrs)

1. Raymond vs. Jankovic (Singles Q final)
2. Smashnova vs. Sugiyama
3. Molik vs. Schiavone
4. Hantuchova/Sanchez-Vicario vs. Myskina/Zvonareva
5. Sprem vs. Farina Elia

croat123
Oct 4th, 2004, 05:07 PM
about 3 more hours and we're going to get started!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Better luck to you at your next tournament next week, K-Lina!!

Like I wrote last week: I'm gonna give you this whole month to show us whether or not you're in a good form and capable of winning more matches at a tournament.

Actually when I first saw the draw with the name Silvia Farina Elia, I already gave up 90% because she's a very good player.

Principessa
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Karolina :kiss:. Get out of your little slump.

croat123
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:10 PM
it's ok k-lina :hug: we'll all be watching you in moscow so play better!

croat123
Oct 9th, 2004, 03:36 PM
good draw for k-lina

just hope she she gets a late match (so i don't have to wake up at 3am) and that she isn't on court 2 (don't like the camera angle)

ajmo!!

AjdeNate!
Oct 9th, 2004, 03:40 PM
:bounce: Ajmo K-Lina!!
v. Israel, Russia, Russia, USA, France. ;)

croat123
Oct 9th, 2004, 07:09 PM
yes, ajmo!!!

i'm going to shoot someone if she plays and early match or i have class during her match...

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 10th, 2004, 02:25 PM
http://www.kremlincup.ru/photo_new/08.10.04_15.jpg
Best of luck to you at Kremlin Cup next week, K-Lina!!