PDA

View Full Version : Who will win Kim or Serena?

selesadmirer
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:06 AM
Who will win?

Jericho
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:08 AM
serena, better serving from her, dont care if its in 2 or 3...

AjdeNate!
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:11 AM
Just for kicks I'll pick Kim in 2. Why not, right? :)

-Sonic-
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:53 AM
C'mon Kim... I didn't vote for you in this poll, but don't let that affect you.

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:55 AM
Hard to say, I wasn't too impressed with Serena today, but it could be a NEW day tomorrow.

Either way, I think it will be three sets....hopefully it will be close, I need some excitement ....especially since we won't be seeing a Venus/Cap match.

selesadmirer
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:44 AM
It will be a popcorn and soda match..exciting

Scorpion
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:27 AM
I'll pick Kim!!! :)

disposablehero
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:31 AM
I don't know. It will be interesting to see this match and find out if Kim is ready to go to yet another level.

Crazy Canuck
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:26 AM
I picked Serena, but maybe Kim will seal the deal this time. I'm not going to say that she definately won't win, but I would think that Serena is still the heavy favourite against her, expecially after what happened last match.

But eh... we'll see :)

BasicTennis
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:32 AM
Serena without a doubt.;) She has the fresher legs and undeniably more consistent service game.;)

Kim will have a chance next year.:devil:

schris
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Good luck KIM !!!!

GoGoMaggie
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Kim!!!!

Dava
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:54 AM
I am not sure, I just hope it is a great match and that i get to see it on Eurosport, I can't wait for it. I want Kim to win, but I think Serena is just to good. She did not play well against Marion yesturday though so maybe this will work in Kims favour.

CanadianBoy21
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:50 AM
:rolleyes: @ the results so far.

OBVIOUSLY Serena will kick her ass.
Don't you see Serena is playing with her, she lets her get to match point and only THEN does she beat her after she gave a little drama.
But no more drama this match, I taped the AO match, enough drama.
Serena in two very quick sets
:)

BasicTennis
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Serena would show Kim that she's not superwoman (playing doubles/singles at the same time) in this encounter.;)

Kim can only learn from this match.:)

keta
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:59 AM
I dont know if its wnating kim to win but i think shell win in three sets!
Cmon Kimmy!:bounce: :D

Ting
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Kim def Serena 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 !!!!! Serena will get matchpoints but she'll eventually lose :devil:
Go Kim!!!! :bounce:

Hulet
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Wow. A lot of people picked kim as the favourite to win in 3. Me? I am scared of jinxing my fave, so I will be braver than most of you and say kim in two: 6-0 6-1

mjones
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Hard to say but possibly Kim. Pound for pound Serena is the better player. Serena's matches have looked routine but she hasn't looked as sharp as she can be and even she is not happy with her play. In the pressure of battle we all know Serena's error count is going to skyrocket and that may be the match in itself.

Kim is playing well within herself but she can also play ugly tennis at times. What I do know for sure is that with Kim at her best and Serena at her best, Serena walks away with the victory easily because there is nothing Kim can do better than Serena when both are at their peak.

The spoils go to the player who can execute. (Are you listening Venus-The player who can execute).

Frau Antje
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Kimmie in 3

bilbo
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:33 PM
I picked Serena :D
I think why so many pp in here chose Kim b/c in their mind wanted Kim to win over strongest girl in WTA

Whoever will win, Do your best :D :D :D

Lynx
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:23 PM
I don't know either. Who does?

The h2h's say: Serena. The rankings say: Serena! The form of the moment? No idea. I thought Kimmie's win over Jelena quite impressive, though. Quite impressive. Only 9 UE's, 6 in the first, 3 in the second set. That's very little for her... Every time she got her UE's down, she was as good as unbeatable.

I think she may be on fire right now. And unlike at the AO, she has been playing better and better: she's still rising...
Therefore I think she has a very good chance.

So I voted for her.
And because of my belief in her, I'm saying she's gonna beat Serena in 2. There! :)

:) :) :) Gooo Kimmie! :) :) :)

Hagar
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:29 PM
I hope for a thriller in 3 sets with Kim as the winner.

tfannis
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:43 PM
I picked Serena in three :( I hope Kim proves me wrong but aaargh...it will be so difficult :sad:

Becool
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Serena's gonna win it! Easily! 6-4 6-3 :)

GO SERENA PROVE YOU'RE BETETR HUN1 :kiss:

SerenaSlam
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:07 PM
once again when it comes to polls, no-one seems to want to pay attention the the questions. everyone on here that picked kim, basically picked her in saying "they hope she wins so i picked her" but the obvious winners is serena. in 2 or 3 sets. Serena is playing like she did at the US Open. She said she is playing better than Australia, clearly she is, if Serena plays like she did against Mauresmo in paris, bye bye kim, and you may be lucky to get 2 games. Kim is good, but Serena at her best and kim at her best, Serena will still win in 2 sets

fifiricci
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Clijsters can win it if she plays at her best and keeps her nerve. Thats the required combination and the big test for her.

1jackson2001
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:14 PM
I'm going with Serena in two this time.

Hulet
Mar 27th, 2003, 07:55 PM
.... kim in two: 6-0 6-1

:confused: :rolleyes: pfff
What was I smoking!

:o :o

Volcana
Mar 27th, 2003, 08:04 PM
58% of the respondents picked Kim to win this match. Despite Serena leading the H2H 7-1, and having won the last two times. This indicates that, as a group, we aren't very smart.

Crazy Canuck
Mar 27th, 2003, 08:27 PM
58% of the respondents picked Kim to win this match. Despite Serena leading the H2H 7-1, and having won the last two times. This indicates that, as a group, we aren't very smart.
Nah, it just indicates that people often pick their favourite, or who they want to win, rather than who they think. Most of us do it at some point or another, and although I'm not going to check who voted for what, this poll appears to have been no exception.

Regardless, Serena continues to own Kim and show that her only "real" rival is herself :o