PDA

View Full Version : Kim Dismantles Dokic 6-2, 6-0

BK4ever
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:59 AM
I guess she's not back :fiery:

I can just imagine how she rushed thru the match, never taking time to adjust her gameplan.

Freewoman33
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:04 AM
Damn! That was a quickie! LOL!

tennischick
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:06 AM
go Kim!!!! :) :D

Wimanna
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:13 AM
Kim :worship: :worship: Look at the stats :eek:

Stats of Clijsters (3) def. Dokic (9) 6-2 6-0

Match Summary Clijsters Dokic
1st Serve % 53% 55%
Aces 1 0
Double Faults 3 5
Winning % - 1st Serve Pts. 19 of 23 = 83% 15 of 30 = 50%
Winning % - 2nd Serve Pts. 11 of 20 = 55% 10 of 25 = 40%
Winners (Including Service) 21 8
Unforced Errors 9 26
Break Point Conversions 5 of 12 = 42 % 0 of 0 = 0 %
Net Approaches 8 of 10 = 80 % 6 of 14 = 43 %
Total Points Won 60 38
Fastest Match Serve Speed 106 MPH 101 MPH
Average Match Serve Speed 96 MPH 96 MPH

Elke
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:14 AM
congrats Kim! :worship:
Pretty impressive stats!:eek:

Havok
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:15 AM
yup pretty impressive stats, but we all know that Jelena just went for broke. anywho, congrats Kim, go all the way. weuheu

Crazy Canuck
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:31 AM
*yawn* NEXT! ;)

Asmus
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:38 AM
Looks like Kim played well but, come on, 26 unforced errors in 14 games? Jelena is still not back to her old self. :eek:

It's surprising to see such lopsided scores among top ten players, with Chanda-Amelie yesterday as well. Hopefully that will change.

SM
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:22 AM
KIM is definately in current form playing better than Venus :eek:

Poor jelena.........i guess she has not played anmyone of this calibre in too long and perhaps felt a bit bewildered out there. Still some good signs from Jelena this week

disposablehero
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Here is the problem. When Jelena "gets back to her old self" I can't think of a single advantage she has on Kim. Not speed, not power, not accuracy, not arsenal of shots, not serve, not return, not smarts, not patience. Pretty hard ot beat someone when you are up against that.

Of course, that is the problem with facing Kim. She has the most complete set of tools without obvious weakness on tour.

Pureracket
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Of course, that is the problem with facing Kim. She has the most complete set of tools without obvious weakness on tour.

Moreso than Serena even?

disposablehero
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Moreso than Serena even?

Yes, More so than Serena. Serena has several parts of her game that are better than the corresponding parts to Kim's game, in some cases considerably better. But Serena has weaknesses, Kim at this point seems to have none. The weakest facet of Kim's game (and I'm not even sure what that is) is better than the weakest facet of anyone else on tour's game.

1jackson2001
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Yes, More so than Serena. Serena has several parts of her game that are better than the corresponding parts to Kim's game, in some cases considerably better. But Serena has weaknesses, Kim at this point seems to have none. The weakest facet of Kim's game (and I'm not even sure what that is) is better than the weakest facet of anyone else on tour's game.

What is, in your opinion, the weakest facet of Kim's game....and what are Serena's weaknesses? :)

selesfan
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Kim is really in form this week, you would think she would be tired by now. Congrats Kim! Nice tournament Jelena, keep it up.

BasicTennis
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Jelena is a player without plan B....she only knows two shots: hit hard and hit harder.:o so Kim trashing her is not surprising to me at all.:devil:

BasicTennis
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:07 AM

Kim is great to watch her play nowadays but mentally she's not as tough as Serena yet. This what separates Serena from the "girls".;) This would be another victory for Serena considering that she has the fresher legs coming into this tournament. Kim may have a great chance next year.:devil:

disposablehero
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:16 AM
What is, in your opinion, the weakest facet of Kim's game....and what are Serena's weaknesses? :)

The weakest facet of Kim's game is probably her forehand's tendency to sometimes break down. Serena has this weakness as well, plus poor footwork and a smaller array of shots than most players. (She seems to rarely use a drop shot for one. I don't care how powerful you are, there always comes a time where a drop shot is appropriate. Venus is pretty good for this.) Of course, Serena's strokes are a little more powerful than Kim's, and her serve is the yardstick for the tour.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:35 AM
Kim is great to watch her play nowadays but mentally she's not as tough as Serena yet. This what separates Serena from the "girls".;) This would be another victory for Serena considering that she has the fresher legs coming into this tournament. Kim may have a great chance next year.:devil:

Hehe. I agree with that. I hope that Kim can defeat Serena though. But I am not super confident.

CJ07
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:39 AM
i gotta disagree with you DH
Serena has a plethora of shots, she just doesnt use them when she doesnt need too. Also she showed a good drop shot against Capriati several times at the champs

~RedRose~
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:47 AM
Jelena said in her interview she thinks she was playing quite well in the first set. She said that Kim just kept getting balls back that would clearly be winners if Jelena was playing another opponent. She said that it is hard playing Kim who is both a defensive player and attacker.

Overall Im quite happy with this week for Jelena. Let's hope Jelena can continue improving and gets more confidence next week.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 26th, 2003, 06:43 AM
Here is the problem. When Jelena "gets back to her old self" I can't think of a single advantage she has on Kim. Not speed, not power, not accuracy, not arsenal of shots, not serve, not return, not smarts, not patience. Pretty hard ot beat someone when you are up against that.

not power? please. dokic manhandles the ball 5 times as hard as kim....at her best her accuracy is as good as kim for sure...dokic has done it before she can do it again....dont make this seem like some mammoth mismatch cause its really not...when dokic gets back to her "old self"...

~RedRose~
Mar 26th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Kim was just running balls down today that Jelena could have got winners from off basically any other player. Kim just kept Jelena having hitting that one extra ball, and Jelena said she gave up too many chances.

BasicTennis
Mar 26th, 2003, 06:55 AM
well, that doesn't change anything because the fact remains that she's the loser in that encounter.:devil:

~RedRose~
Mar 26th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Of coarse. Jelena said today that Kim just played too well. She said there was nothing she could do.

disposablehero
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:21 AM
not power? please. dokic manhandles the ball 5 times as hard as kim....at her best her accuracy is as good as kim for sure...dokic has done it before she can do it again....dont make this seem like some mammoth mismatch cause its really not...when dokic gets back to her "old self"...

Once in a while, Kim blasts a shot harder than anything Jelena can do. Most of the time she doesn't hit quite as hard as Jelena, because Kim has figured out that her shots need to land inside the baseline.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:24 AM
ive seen both of them in a live practice...jelena hits the ball consistently harder...trust me even ask the people who have been in miami this week...and again, u underestimate jelena, shes a great player and she can take out kim on a given day, as she has proven before....she just needs to get back to her "old self" ;) :wavey:

~RedRose~
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Dlandy ... she doesnt need to get back to her old self .... thats the last place she wants to be .... she is getting to her new self, and although she may seem to have gone well this week she still isnt at the place she is happy with. She is going through a transition period and she achnowledges that she may not be playing her best. Today i think was a lesson for Jelena. Next time she plays a top player she will have worked on trying consistancy in rallies and whatever her coach has seen as needing work. If I can take anything from this loss, it is that Jelena had a great couple of weeks and that she will go into her next tournament more prepared and determined to get to the top.

~RedRose~
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:34 AM
Meanwhile .... Shes still in doubles (and not sounding too cocky but looks to most probably reach the final .... according to those left in thier half) ..... GO JELENA & NADIA

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Dlandy ... she doesnt need to get back to her old self .... thats the last place she wants to be .... she is getting to her new self, and although she may seem to have gone well this week she still isnt at the place she is happy with. She is going through a transition period and she achnowledges that she may not be playing her best. Today i think was a lesson for Jelena. Next time she plays a top player she will have worked on trying consistancy in rallies and whatever her coach has seen as needing work. If I can take anything from this loss, it is that Jelena had a great couple of weeks and that she will go into her next tournament more prepared and determined to get to the top.
great post :wavey:....i know she is in a transition period, but im just pointing out to disposablehero that jelena has the capability to beat kim any time as she has done in the past even when she plays like her "old self"...thats all im trying to point out...

~RedRose~
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Thats cool ... of coarse Jelena has the ability to beat Kim she just needs to work a bit harder. shell get there.

BasicTennis
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:44 AM
ive seen both of them in a live practice...jelena hits the ball consistently harder...trust me even ask the people who have been in miami this week...and again, u underestimate jelena, shes a great player and she can take out kim on a given day, as she has proven before....she just needs to get back to her "old self" ;) :wavey:

Believe me, excellent movement is better than hitting the ball the hardest. This is the reason why Kim has improved so much. :worship:

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:46 AM
Believe me, excellent movement is better than hitting the ball the hardest. This is the reason why Kim has improved so much. :worship:
:wavey: i know kim moves better i never denied that...all im trying to prove is jelena hits harder (which is true) and jelena can beat kim when she is playing well (as jelena has proved before)...i said nothing about movement or kim...kim has improved tremendously though :) congrats to her...

BasicTennis
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Jelena will never beat Kim again IF she doesn't improve her movement and just be satisfied with her two shots: hit hard and hit harder.:devil:

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:51 AM
um her hit hard and hit harder got her to number 5 in the world...yes she can improve that but she can still beat kim either way...jelena isnt a GREAT mover and she can improve...but thats not hr problem...she needs to get consistency and a better more reliable serve....those are her biggest weaknesses for sure...

irma
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:56 AM
kim also had her bad period last year and see what she did with it:)

from the 12 tournaments kim played since the us open she won 5 titles, reached 3 finals, 2 semis and 1 quarter. consistency at it's best :worship:

irma
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:57 AM
of course key biscane is the 12 th tournament so at this point she has reached 3 semis;)

Dava
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:04 AM
Well done Kim but what happened to Jelena!

Come-on-kim
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Congrats Kimmie!!

Too bad Jelly

~RedRose~
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:58 AM
Jelena will never beat Kim again IF she doesn't improve her movement and just be satisfied with her two shots: hit hard and hit harder.:devil:

If u had any idea ud realise that Jelena's game has undergone a complete makeover and that she is going to net more and trying different things. Get ur facts right first.

BasicTennis
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:48 AM
ok... her movement improved tremendously that she was bagelled in the 2nd set.:worship:

Martian Stacey
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Well done Kim!! :D Congrats! :bounce: :worship:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Poor Jelena :( Those stats are not worth of a top-10 player...

Kim is having the best year of her young career so far :)

King Aaron
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:29 PM
As Jelena said it herself, she was there with Kim for the first 30 minutes or so. They were very close till the 6th game. When Kim broke, everything just went downhill from there.

I haven't seen Jelena play yet this year but I can't help but think whenever Jelena comes in to the net, it's when she HAS to not when she WANTS to. I don't know because I haven't seen it myself but ti does seem like it. I hope I'm wrong though.

But kudos to Kim and Jelena (for being optimistic and acknowledging that Kimwas the better player today). :D

starr
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:56 PM
So much for everyone who was saying that Dokic would give Kim a tough match.

Good luck in the semis, Kim!

Gowza
Mar 28th, 2003, 08:10 AM
kim is a more defensive player than jelena. jelena is more attacking with her groundies but her serve isn't quite as good (kim has more pace and probably a bit better placement)

Elke
Mar 28th, 2003, 12:34 PM
dont worry dokic, you will always be better than Kim, you have more potential than kim, better groundstrokes, just work on it a bit more. Kim doesn't play that well, she is a very boring player who just hits down the T all the time. I was suprised she made the semis of Aus open when i watched her she's not that good. She's the best she can be but will never be a grand slam winner, unless she gets any easy draw like RG 2001
You really are serious, huh?!? :rolleyes:
If Kim's that bad, what does it tell you about Jelena at the moment?

~|Naomi|~
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:26 AM
dont worry dokic, you will always be better than Kim, you have more potential than kim, better groundstrokes, just work on it a bit more. Kim doesn't play that well, she is a very boring player who just hits down the T all the time. I was suprised she made the semis of Aus open when i watched her she's not that good. She's the best she can be but will never be a grand slam winner, unless she gets any easy draw like RG 2001

Yes and this is why Kim is currently at number3 and has a 900 or so points gap over number4, and is the 8th ranked doubles player and why she has made a grand slam final and won the season ending championships and has 12 career singles titles and 8 doubles titles.

Yes I see your point :rolleyes:

~|Naomi|~
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:27 AM
Oh and I forgot to mention that ofcourse Kim gets easy draws just like Justine gets easy draws :rolleyes: You only have to beat who is on the otherside of the net and it isn't Kim's fault if the seeds in her section lose before they have to play her

katrientje
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:10 AM
yeah because she keeps the ball in, Hingis did that to get to no. 1 but she was much better at it and much more enjoyable to watch than kim. i watched clijsters play schnyder this year and it was sssoooo boring, she just hits the ball down the T. who cares if you're no 3. wouldn't u rather have more fun on the court and go for more or at least keep your spectators awake!

She won't get to no. 1 this way. and she will never win a grandslam! i can tell (unless she changes her game more)

and you register, especially to inform us about all these amazing statements, for which we were all too blind to see. Thanx man!
:rolleyes: