PDA

View Full Version : Monica will *never* win another Slam. LIVE WITH IT.

Light-skinned Girl
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:01 PM
I *know* it and so do *many* other people who post here. Monica does *not* have the *stamina* to win 7 matches in a row *especially* beating the *top* players. It's been almost *5* years since she was in a Slam final. That's *enough* proof that she *won't* win another Slam.

Crazy Canuck
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:04 PM
*That's* what they *said* about *Sampras* and *Agassi* :D

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:04 PM
No need to stoop to SR's level.....

However, your statement is a bit more realistic than his.

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:05 PM
*That* is so *true* Rebecca

Spirit
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:06 PM

ROTFL!

Rebecca's responses are priceless. For everything else, there's MasterCard.

Light-skinned Girl
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:07 PM

I *know* but I got sick of him using Anna as a *scapegoat*. I *know* people who post here think the *same* way about Monica *but* people get too *cautious* to say it *because* of Monica's stabbing.

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Why *are* you *bashing* Monica? *I* just don't *get* your *point*. So *what* if *she never wins *another* slam. It's *not* like anyother *active* player *has* anywhere *near* nine. I'm *just* thankful* for *every* match *she* plays.

Light-skinned Girl
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:10 PM

Pete can *out-serve* the others. Andre can *out-hit* the others. Monica *can't* do either against the *top* players. She also *can't* out-run the *fastest* players. 3 strikes *against* Monica.

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:10 PM
So you're bashing a tennis player based on one person's comments... Hmmm, interesting...

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:11 PM
I see your point

Okay seriously I can't read with all the **!! Is it just me.

-Sonic-
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:12 PM

Crazy Canuck
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Pete can *out-serve* the others. Andre can *out-hit* the others.

Pete Sampras is (was?) no longer the biggest server in the mens game. There are scores of guys who pump out bombs at a faster pace than he does. He places his ball better than most of them could ever dream of.

Andre Agassi is definately NOT the biggest hitter in the mens game. He just plays smart.

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Pete Sampras is (was?) no longer the biggest server in the mens game. There are scores of guys who pump out bombs at a faster pace than he does. He places his ball better than most of them could ever dream of.

Andre Agassi is definately NOT the biggest hitter in the mens game. He just plays smart.
You're like dead-on.... what you *actually* watch tennis and have opinions based on what you see?!? What the fuck is up with that?

:)

Light-skinned Girl
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:18 PM

Thank you! Monica does *neither* of those things and *still* can't win another Slam. She's been a *disappointment* since she came back because she got by on *talent* and *didn't* bother getting fit (the reason she has *not* won a Slam since 1996).

GBFH
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:20 PM
I don't know....I thought she wasn't doing much lately because of injury? But what do I know, I'm just a mindless puppet, fuck me.

Helen Lawson
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:22 PM
I *do* *not* *think* that Monica Seles can *beat* a slew of *top* ten players in a *row* but anyone *can* beat *anyone* on the *tour* on any *given* day and *Monica* is certainly *better* than the *vast* majority of *current* players. *Slam* *draws* open *up* more than you *think* so she does *not* necessarily *have* to *beat* all of the *top* women to *claim* Number *10.* *Remember* the Roland *Garros* draws of 2000 and 2001 on the *bottom* and you will *know* what I *mean.*

hingis-seles
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Last I heard, no one could tell the future. Unless, ofcourse you're related to Miss Cleo.

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Last I heard, no one could tell the future. Unless, ofcourse you're related to Miss Cleo.
lol.... 'Call me now!' :)

Crazy Canuck
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Thank you! Monica does *neither* of those things and *still* can't win another Slam. She's been a *disappointment* since she came back because she got by on *talent* and *didn't* bother getting fit (the reason she has *not* won a Slam since 1996).
You're thanking me for correcting you? :o

Anyhow - I would not put money on Seles winning another slam, but I'm not psychic, and have no idea what will happen in the future.

Goran Ivanesevic started out 2001 by failing to qualify for the Australian Open. People were screaming for him to retire. Who knew he'd win Wimbledon 6 months later?

Crazy Canuck
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:27 PM
btw guys, I think that the Cleo family is trying to lay low these days ;)

GBFH
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:28 PM
Maybe they're playing poker in the cave with Hendrix, Cobain and Sampras?

Crazy Canuck
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:29 PM
Maybe they're playing poker in the cave with Hendrix, Cobain and Sampras?
Ha! I think so ;)

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:31 PM
People who would *never* win the grand slams that they did:

Thomas Johansson (02 Aussie)
Goran Ivanisevic (Wimbly)
Iva Majoli (97 French)
Jennifer Capriati (01 Aussie)

What I'm trying to say is that before each of those events started if you had placed some £ on each of those on a bet before the event started, you'd be rich. So to say that Monica will never win a slam is the same to say that Venus or Jennifer will never win another slam. You just don't know.

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Heck even Serena at the 02 French was nowhere near a 'favorite' to win.

BigTennisFan
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:40 PM
She does not deserve to be bad mouthed because of certain individuals who are fans of hers. :(

spencercarlos
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:51 PM

I agree on this.

But Monica is so nice to deserve a threatment like this, because of a trash-talking fan (SR), even more when she has been a great champion. Maybe she won´t win another slam statement is cruel and truth. But for sure she will have lots of fans and my support as one of them.
She is a real champion on and off the court.

Crazy Canuck
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:53 PM
What about ASV in 1998? She wasn't "supposed" to win that one either.

tyk101
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:57 PM
At least Monica has far better chance than Kournikova................................. with winning *A* match!

ktwtennis
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:08 PM
If there's one thing I've learned in tennis(playing and watching), it's that you must expect the unexpected, especially with Monica Seles...

selesrules
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:15 PM
This thread is so irrelevant. I posted a thread saying that Anna is a bigger star then Serena and that's a fact. And it was in reply to another thread where a Serena fan was bashing Anna because she was on the cover of some tournament promo and they even wanted to call the tournament and complain. My thread was a fact and I didn't put down Serena, I just said that Anna IS very famous and that it's normal when it comes to marketing that she gets attention in tournaments, it's all about $$$ and I was asking people to stop bashing her.

Your post about Monica has nothing to do with anything, and also it's not a fact since Monica is still playing and has a shot just like anyone else.

Leena
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:18 PM
*I* was *the* first *to* copy *this* cool *way* of *typing*.

Others are stealing it... bah to you... Bah.

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:23 PM
I *know* it and so do *many* other people who post here. Monica does *not* have the *stamina* to win 7 matches in a row *especially* beating the *top* players. It's been almost *5* years since she was in a Slam final. That's *enough* proof that she *won't* win another Slam.

I *know* it and so do *many* other people who post here. Anna does *not* have the *stamina* or *talent* to win 7 matches in a row much *less* one match *especially* beating the *top* players or even *junior* players. It's been almost *5* years since she was in a Slam semi-final. That's *enough* proof that she *won't* win a tournamet or even another *match*. :wavey:

darren cahill
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:44 PM

now i'm not picking on you...i'm just quoting you cause i cant believe this comment..this whole message board is filled with threads of the seers of the future...almost every other day its "whos gonna win the french" 'how many majors will Serena win" "can jen win another slam" blah blah..every day its a new venture into the wild unknown with John Edwards...didnt you know that?

spencercarlos
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:48 PM
This thread is so irrelevant. I posted a thread saying that Anna is a bigger star then Serena and that's a fact. And it was in reply to another thread where a Serena fan was bashing Anna because she was on the cover of some tournament promo and they even wanted to call the tournament and complain. My thread was a fact and I didn't put down Serena, I just said that Anna IS very famous and that it's normal when it comes to marketing that she gets attention in tournaments, it's all about $$$ and I was asking people to stop bashing her.

Your post about Monica has nothing to do with anything, and also it's not a fact since Monica is still playing and has a shot just like anyone else.
SELESRULES...
I also love the way you see other´s thinking. All what you say are FACTS and your "End of the Story" at the end of your posts or threads you do are really silly. You open a thread in order to exchange opinions, but the fact is that you try to convince everyone here with your SILLY and OUT-OF BOUNDS and even NON-Sense comments.

Look what you say here
"Your post about Monica has nothing to do with anything, and also it's not a fact since Monica is still playing and has a shot just like anyone else.

Going with what you say even Anna Kournikova has chances, why not playing the events and having a shot like everyone else.

You want facts?
* Well Monica was a multiple grand slam winner, a streak that ended in 1996 with her last (to date) Australian Open win.
* Monica has just reached 1 more GS final since then (98 French).
* Monica has been unable to notch back to back wins against top players in Grand Slam events, basically since a long time ago.
* Tennis is much more difficult now, than it was in early 90´s, plus Monica´s shape (phisical) is worse than it was before.

Those are true facts, not invented ones or supossitions like you always do, that supports the one who opened this thread.

But yet again its a shame a topic like this can come up, just because you (SELESRULES) are a trash-talker, plus a NON-listener person like you are.

And this is my own end of the story for me, just like i did with your Graf/Seles´s threads

darren cahill
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:52 PM
I heard THAT! LOL

Seles1
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Wow! This came out of nowhere. What was your point to even bring up the issue? In tennis anything can happen and last time I checked that included Monica winning another grandslam.

Maybe the more realistic thread would have been:

Anna will *never* win a tournament. LIVE WITH IT.

Conchita forever
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:08 AM
f***ing aw***me thr**d in h**e... Alt***gh I th**k M****** ~€¬~@**** /()** *asdas* sadeqw*** *ssdas* husse** whattafak*** ???
BTW I th*** Sel** is aw****e!!! Viv* Mon*** Se***!!!

Did you ********nd any***ng??? L*L :bounce:

:rolleyes: :eek: :devil: :eek: :rolleyes:

-Sonic-
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Every little thing she does is magic...
Everything she does just turns me on...

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:08 AM
Lightskinned girl, you just got down to selesrules' level...please dont get on his ass for doing this shit and then you go do it yourself....i dont care how much he pisses you off, you shouldnt go doing the shit he does...and by the way, monica *CAN* win another slam...

Miranda
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:21 AM
don't shift the anger to monica but direct it to the poster :rolleyes:

monica is the rare one who say anna has the talent, she does not deserve your critise :rolleyes: and even monica will never win any more slams, she at least had won 9 and more than 50 titles, while anna has so far failed to win one :rolleyes:

Leena
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Monica would say Nancy Loffler has talent... she's too damn nice.

And... um... I would say this thread has officially reached "ghey" status. Thanks.

disposablehero
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:22 AM

I'm guessing you were bored and looking for a way to lower your reputation score.

Light-skinned Girl
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:51 AM
I'm guessing you were bored and looking for a way to lower your reputation score.

*Exactly*! Why else would I post *here*? I'm giving *you* reputation points because you're the *only* one who got it. :)

CJ07
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:06 AM
Why are we going into this?

Monica may or may not win a slam
Numbers wise it doesnt look good.
No GS Final in 5 years, No Tier I in 3 years, No Tier 2 in 1 1/2 years

but hey, another Goran can happen (at Wimbledon would be preferable)

NEVER count out a champion