PDA

View Full Version : Photos of Daniella Dominikovic and a few other juniors

bluepastures
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:55 PM
We had a thread a while back on the Evie Dominikovic forum, discussing Daniella Dominikovic. Well, by chance I've just discovered some photos from October last year, taken in Japan at the Osaka Mayors cup. Other players featured include Emma Laine, Sophie Ferguson and Camelia Todorova

The link is http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/dhbvg87/Gallery211-6.htm

There's nine pages in total.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:02 PM
thanx for these again

saw them at the time but lost the link

TS
Mar 27th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Thanks bp

Daniella up close is one fine looking young lady...but too young ;)

And she can hit a mean ball too :)

bluepastures
Mar 28th, 2003, 08:42 PM
What's Daniella's junior ranking now? Is any chance of her coming to Britain for Roehampton and junior Wimbledon?

TS
Mar 29th, 2003, 07:05 AM
A few weeks ago she was just inside the top 200 from memory...but since then has reached the 3rd round and the QF of two Grade 1 events, so not sure how much she will rise as I dont know how junior ranks work...

Anyway, what would she need to be to make the qualy field for junior Wimbledon? I dont know if she is high enough this year...

bluepastures
Mar 29th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Just found the rankings on the ITF site, and Daniella is currently 180 in singles. She is also 36 in doubles, so she should be able to play at junior Wimbledon in the doubles at least. By the time the cut-off comes, I think Daniella should be high enough at least to get into singles qualifying.
Dellacqua got into Roehampton last year, and her ranking was at its highest 110, so Daniella must have some hope of getting in there too. Annoyingly, I can't find the drawsheet for Roehampton 2002 so I don't know what the cut-off was.

King Aaron
Mar 29th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Thanks. :)
Daniella is quite pretty. :)