PDA

View Full Version : I just received my Family Circle Cup brochure and ........

Rocketta
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:35 PM
they had the audacity to put a big picture of Anna Kournikova on the cover! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

the pic of Serena is small, there is no pic of Jennifer and none of Iva Majoli the defending champ! I'm totally calling and chewing someone's ear off about it. I will definitely let them know that kind of advertising makes me NOT want to spend my money. :mad: :mad:

selesrules
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:36 PM
they had the audacity to put a big picture of Anna Kournikova on the cover! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

the pic of Serena is small, there is no pic of Jennifer and none of Iva Majoli the defending champ! I'm totally calling and chewing someone's ear off about it. I'll will definitely let them know that kind of advertising makes me NOT want to spend my money. :mad: :mad:

Don't be jealous and a hater! :rolleyes: ANNA KOURNIKOVA is a huge star, LIVE WITH IT. They shouldn't even have put Serena on the cover, it should have been all Anna.

Rocketta
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Don't be jealous and a hater! :rolleyes: ANNA KOURNIKOVA is a huge star, LIVE WITH IT. They shouldn't even have put Serena on the cover, it should have been all Anna.

Don't be ignorant, when someone pays $300 bucks to go to the championship weekend it's not to see Anna Kournikova cause she's a loser a first round loser at that.

butch
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:42 PM
To be honest, I can't see Miss K winning any matches this year. Not when she spins in her 1st serve.

Dawn Marie
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:43 PM
selesrules, stop hatin on people who wish to express their opinions on this. It is baffling to me, that people think that many are jealous of Anna! Believe it or not but alot of folk would not wish to be her for a million dollars. Besides Rocketta is complaining to the people who made the brochure and NOT to ANNA personally.

Dawn Marie
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Rocketta, hon can u post me the phone number to call? I have this calling card and need to use up some minutes anyway :wavey: .:)

tennischick
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:52 PM
lol Rocketta!!! give them hell!!!! :eek:

irma
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:56 PM
why do you people care?

think about who will have the trophy at the end of the tournament :p

that counts for more then a cover;)

harloo
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:57 PM
HI Rocketta and Dawn! :wavey:

Rocketta, thanks for the rep points. I just looked and as soon as I know how to post them I will give you some. :D

Also, yall know they will put anna on the cover because of her 13 year old fan base. I'm not gonna hate on Anna, because she is good at what she does and that's sell T&A. But call the bastards and let them know about it!!!!!! :D

Spirit
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Ralph: Okay, men, let's get this meeting over with. We've all got 18 rounds of golf to play before sundown.

Betty: I'm here, too!

Ralph: Um...who are you?

Betty: I'm Betty, the new member of the Family Circle Cup marketing team. You said "men," I just wanted to point out that there was a woman in the room.

Ralph: We noticed, trust me. Now, to business: we're in deep shit. September 11, the war and probably some other stuff has made the economy go down the drain. Oh, no, I've made everyone cry. That's what happens when you get a bunch of marketing people talking about a bad economy. Betsy, pass around the kleenex.

Betty: It's "Betty."

Ralph: Whatever, just hand out the tissues, honey. Now, dry those tears men -- you're not crying, Betty Boop, so I'll leave you out of that one -- we have a chance to pull in lots of money if we just design the right brochure. Who do we want on the cover?

Betty: "Whom" do we want on the cover.

Ralph: Whatever.

Dave (attempting to talk through his tears): :::sniffle::: Wouldn't we want to draw people with images and promises of seeing the best women tennis players in the world today?

Ralph: Hmmm. That might work. Who is that, anyway?

Dave: Serena Wilson.

Betty: "Williams."

Ralph: Whatever. Is she really that good?

Betty: She's the current holder of all four grand slam titles and the number one ranked player in the world.

Ralph: Okay, but is she pretty?

Betty: Huh?

Dave: Sort of. Depends on what you like, really. She's got a great muscular bod and some great gazongas, I'll tell you that!

Betty: What?!?!

Ralph: Well, let's see what the Dumb-Ass Marketing Manual has to say about this.

<Ralph opens the DAMM and flips to Chapter 1: Bouncing Boobs and Bullshit.>

Ralph: It says here that big boobs are good, muscular bodies are bad. Hmmm. Wait, there's a footnote: when in emergency, consult the emergency kit. Dave, I'm afraid the situation is truly this dire.

Dave: You mean...

Ralph: That's right. Break open the emergency kit.

<Dave pulls the axe from the wall and shatters the emergency glass case which contains a book titled Marketing Emergency Kit for Dumb-Asses. He pulls it out and hands it to Ralph, who starts reading.>

Ralph: Of course! We should have known! It says here that when faced with any financial crisis of any sort, simply use the image of Anna Kournikova!

Betty: That's outrageous! She hasn't accomplished anything recently! She's not even ranked in the top 50!

Dave: But she's so recognizable! She's so famous!

Ralph: That face!

Dave: That bod!

Ralph: That name recognition! That sound I hear is the ringing of cash registers!

Betty: No, it's the turning of my stomach.

Ralph: Oh, can it, toots! Anna's hot, she's famous and she'll pull in paying customers by the drove. We're marketing people; we've just marketed. It's logical. We've just done our job. Now appreciate the paycheck this blonde bimbo will bring all of us, use it to put your kids through college, stop whining and let's all go play golf.

Meeting adjourned!

Rocketta
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:09 PM
why do you people care?

think about who will have the trophy at the end of the tournament :p

that counts for more then a cover;)

Yes I know who will be there in the final week-end but what about the poor schmuck who thinks these are the pics of the top women not the "hot" women. :p

Hey guys I'll definitely be calling to get the marketing department or something I'll get back with the number.

RAA
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:10 PM
very funny
and probably has a grain of truth ...

Rocketta
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Spirit, That was hilarious!! and RAA is right probably a grain of truth in there too.

Rocketta
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Here's the number 800-677-2293

choose pound for the dial a name directory and punch in Reynolds for Robin Reynolds. She is head of public Relations. She will forward the messages on to I can't remember the persons name. :)

She was clearly shocked and dumb founded and had zero things to say in response. At first she was trying to defend the use and then I said there is no excuse for her picture to be twice the size of the #1 player on tour and current holder of all 4 slams plus not to have Iva Majoli's pic not there. She said they were trying to hilight a lot of players. LOL Yeah Right. Boy she had that stutter going. :p I told her that I called because I certainly didn't want them to think that marketing ploy was acceptable to me and a lot of fans who pay all that money. Because certainly we don't pay it to see Anna cause she will not be there in the end due to her game being in the toilet right now.

Wheeewww I feel better now. I tell you what they better not have a silk screen (they supposedly put up last years winner) of Anna up on the stadium instead of Iva Majoli. :fiery: :fiery:

Meesh
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Too funny Rocketta, give them hell!

It was the same in Memphis. It's not the same in Sarasota since Anna was a late entry. My brochure for Sarasota has three circles all the same size. Tatiana Panova (Finalist), Jelena Dokic (Returning Champ) and Mary Pierce (former Grand Slam champ).

Rocketta
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:52 PM

It was the same in Memphis. It's not the same in Sarasota since Anna was a late entry. My brochure for Sarasota has three circles all the same size. Tatiana Panova (Finalist), Jelena Dokic (Returning Champ) and Mary Pierce (former Grand Slam champ).

lol, You lucky person. :p

I should scan it in so you'll can see how yucky a design it is to begin with but then the pics they chose topped it off nicely. :)

Rtael
Mar 25th, 2003, 10:23 PM
haha, scan it scan it!

geewhiz
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:58 AM

You'd have thought they would have learnt something from Memphis about having all your eggs in one basket, since huge pics of Anna were in all the publicity for it and then she err... didn't play :o

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:07 AM
this is getting so boring people....she will be on the cover of every tournament advertisement that she plays in....people have complained about it for SO LONG...u may not like it or agree with it (im one of those people as well) but just let it go. anna draws crowds. thats just the way it is and its not gonna change...get over it...

selesfan
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:10 AM

Ann should be on the cover because she won so many tournaments NOT! Its sort of false advertising, she won't make it past the 1st round. ;)

fammmmedspin
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:22 AM
If you want to bring back memories of last year surely you want Patty there somewhere. If you want Anna fans or novices you put Anna. If you draw people who want to see Anna you just kill next year's audience when she isn't there when they arrive.

Perhaps the meeting went something like:

Have we got the contract next year?

No

OK give them something simple - put Anna on the cover - that will do. Next ....

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:31 AM
this is getting so boring people....she will be on the cover of every tournament advertisement that she plays in....people have complained about it for SO LONG...u may not like it or agree with it (im one of those people as well) but just let it go. anna draws crowds. thats just the way it is and its not gonna change...get over it...

How can anna draw crowds when she is not playing past the first or second day of the tournament? How do they draw crowds the other 6 days?

Anyway here is a pic of the brochure.........

Spirit
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:00 AM

LOL!!! The way the brochure is laid out, it looks like Anna is the "Spectator Activities."

I wonder how long the line is.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:37 AM
How can anna draw crowds when she is not playing past the first or second day of the tournament? How do they draw crowds the other 6 days?

first of all, she doesnt ALWAYS lose on the first day....we all know she can play good tennis...and even if she does lose it attracts fans for that day and because they promote her they will attract fans for the tennis as well...once they see the tennis they might like it and go back again even if anna isnt there...it draws crowds to see anna and to enjoy tenins...

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:53 PM
LOL!!! The way the brochure is laid out, it looks like Anna is the "Spectator Activities."

I wonder how long the line is.

:p

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:06 PM
first of all, she doesnt ALWAYS lose on the first day....we all know she can play good tennis...and even if she does lose it attracts fans for that day and because they promote her they will attract fans for the tennis as well...once they see the tennis they might like it and go back again even if anna isnt there...it draws crowds to see anna and to enjoy tenins...

No she is not always going to lose the first day but it is highly likely. I also never knew Marketing was such a crap shoot. She may show up, she may win her first match, the crowd may come to see her but stay cause the find out they like tennis.

King Aaron
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:11 PM
May I ask who the other girl on the brochure is? It looks like Amanda Coetzer? :confused:

GoDominique
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Don't be ignorant, when someone pays $300 bucks to go to the championship weekend it's not to see Anna Kournikova cause she's a loser a first round loser at that.
You paid $300 ??? OMG. :eek:

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:14 PM
May I ask who the other girl on the brochure is? It looks like Amanda Coetzer? :confused:

Yeah its Amanda. I think she was on the cover last year and seems to be a big fan favorite.

King Aaron
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Yeah its Amanda. I think she was on the cover last year and seems to be a big fan favorite.
Thanks. :)

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:18 PM
You paid $300 ??? OMG. :eek:

Not this year cause I decided I wanted to go the qualifying so I got the intro pkg. which was $200 but last year yes I did, it was $270 and now its $280. for the qtrs, semi's & finals. If you don't get the pakages the day tickets are only for the rafters where if its hot people pass out. :eek:

gentenaire
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:51 PM
LMAO Spirit!! Brilliant!

I'm with you on this, Rocketta. If I was in the US, I'd be calling too.

vaiva
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:01 PM
LOL @Spirit :D

It hurts, but still too funny

Yak
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:09 PM
You have to right to be mad but keep you animosity towards the marketing team of the FCC not Anna :rolleyes:!

She did reach the final here one year(here or at Amelia)...

Cariaoke
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Right on Rocketta!

http://www.kthxbi.com/xmb/images/smilies/sweat.gif http://www.kthxbi.com/xmb/images/smilies/sweat.gif @ Spirit... whew...

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:00 PM
You have to right to be mad but keep you animosity towards the marketing team of the FCC not Anna :rolleyes:!

She did reach the final here one year(here or at Amelia)...

I'm not mad at Anna! I'm totally mad at FCC.

Dava
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Anna Kournikova makes John doe want to go watch tennis matches, Iva Majoli is someone very few people have heard of. Whether its comendable of not, it sells tickets and makes womens tennis the success it is. But I think it would have been beter if Serena were on the cover.

Helen Lawson
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:30 PM
You're just feeding the publicity fire by calling. If Serena had been on the front, no calls. They do refer to the field as "tennis champions Serena Williams and Jennifer Capriati" and "fan favorite Anna Kournikova" on the webpage. You cannot fault them too much.

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:58 PM
You're just feeding the publicity fire by calling. If Serena had been on the front, no calls. They do refer to the field as "tennis champions Serena Williams and Jennifer Capriati" and "fan favorite Anna Kournikova" on the webpage. You cannot fault them too much.

Actually I think if you take the time to call and tell them you don't appreciate their marketing ploys and it gives you a sour feeling and you are someone who pays every year to go and am now rethinking spending your vacation dollars there that matters to them. Also, I can't do things on the prospect that others might or might not. I will never know if anyone else complained but I know I spoke my mind to the appropriate people.

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Anna Kournikova makes John doe want to go watch tennis matches, Iva Majoli is someone very few people have heard of. Whether its comendable of not, it sells tickets and makes womens tennis the success it is. But I think it would have been beter if Serena were on the cover.

This was a brochure you received after you paid for tickets so they were not trying to attract me they already had me. Also, The fly by night fans will only purchase tickets for the day she plays if she were to lose on day one or doesn't show up what does the tournament do then to attract fans? Whatever, they would do in that situation is what they should do all the time because those will be your repeat customers not a fly-by-night fan.

Helen Lawson
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Did you really call them? What did they say?

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Did you really call them? What did they say?

I'll quote the great joe song, "Stutter, Stutter". :)

Now I did call and gave a brief synopsis here a few posts up.

Helen Lawson
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:14 PM
I cannot believe you did it! Nice. If I was that broad, my response would have been fast. "Anna's mug sells more tickets than anyone else. So I plaster it everywhere I possibly can. Raising money for the tournament through ticket sales is my job. Real tennis fans will by tickets anyway. Non-fans want to see some hottie blonde with a great bod. Sorry, them's are the breaks."

I guess she cannot really say that to the public. I wonder if Anna does "sell" better than Serena or Jennifer? You obviously feel strongly about it so good for your for calling.

Dawn Marie
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Hey Rocketta, I am on my way ta callin' right now...BRB.:)

Helen Lawson
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:22 PM
I am thinking about calling. I can make up a story that my husband refused to buy tickets to the tournament, until that is, he saw the brochure. Then he bought the closest seats available for the whole week! I have to even out the anti-Anna calls, right?

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:22 PM
I cannot believe you did it! Nice. If I was that broad, my response would have been fast. "Anna's mug sells more tickets than anyone else. So I plaster it everywhere I possibly can. Raising money for the tournament through ticket sales is my job. Real tennis fans will by tickets anyway. Non-fans want to see some hottie blonde with a great bod. Sorry, them's are the breaks."

I guess she cannot really say that to the public. I wonder if Anna does "sell" better than Serena or Jennifer? You obviously feel strongly about it so good for your for calling.

the part about Real Tennis Fans buying the tickets anyway is soo how I feel they think. However, in this tight market they might not want to take "us" for granted like that. Well according to an article posted a couple of months ago Serena was voted as the most marketable with Venus coming up second. I think its also a thing of the good ole boys not wanting to change. They know they could market Serena as heavily with possibly better results but their "belief" system won't let them do it.

Also, she was smart to be nice and friendly and not curt cause that would've only stoked the fire. I would've had two reasons to call the tournament director about their sorry flyer and her sorry ass. ;) :p

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:23 PM
I am thinking about calling. I can make up a story that my husband refused to buy tickets to the tournament, until that is, he saw the brochure. Then he bought the closest seats available for the whole week! I have to even out the anti-Anna calls, right?

;) Do what makes you feel good. :)

butch
Mar 26th, 2003, 06:37 PM

She also won the tournament in 1998, so I think her picture is justified.

Dawn Marie
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Hi Rocketta!

I just called about an hour ago and talked to Robin. She was friendly but I was adamant in my speaking with her.

First I told her I didn't appreciate seeing Anna on the front brochure and Serena and Iva small pics. I lied and said I bought tickets this year and didn't appreciate this as a ticket holder. She then stated "Well we do have huge big posters of Serena all around the tourney". I said that is all good, but last years winner and Serena and Patty didn't get big pictures and yet Anna did? She stated "Well Anna is a popular playe(she made it seem like I would be surprised at this?) I cut her off with her condescending tone right quick and stated. "yeah I know that but Anna hasn't won a tourney yet and alot of ticket holders are tired of you marketing people displaying the Euro tits and ass look over quality players". I told her real fans are tired of Anna being displayed everywhere based on her body and in an undeserving way. She was really nice and even laughed at my ass..:):) I told her that some of us from the net were talking about this and that was all I wanted to state. She said okay, "Well I appreciate your comments and were keep it in mind".. or something to that effect.:)

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Hi Rocketta!

I just called about an hour ago and talked to Robin. She was friendly but I was adamant in my speaking with her.

First I told her I didn't appreciate seeing Anna on the front brochure and Serena and Iva small pics. I lied and said I bought tickets this year and didn't appreciate this as a ticket holder. She then stated "Well we do have huge big posters of Serena all around the tourney". I said that is all good, but last years winner and Serena and Patty didn't get big pictures and yet Anna did? She stated "Well Anna is a popular playe(she made it seem like I would be surprised at this?) I cut her off with her condescending tone right quick and stated. "yeah I know that but Anna hasn't won a tourney yet and alot of ticket holders are tired of you marketing people displaying the Euro tits and ass look over quality players". I told her real fans are tired of Anna being displayed everywhere based on her body and in an undeserving way. She was really nice and even laughed at my ass..:):) I told her that some of us from the net were talking about this and that was all I wanted to state. She said okay, "Well I appreciate your comments and were keep it in mind".. or something to that effect.:)
good for you dawn! :)

but i love anna so...whatever...LOL :wavey:

BK4ever
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:01 PM
DM ... I just called and she basically gave me the same speech, but she seemed really annoyed so she must be getting alot of calls. She said they try to promote different player and that Serena and Iva and other players were on other publications for the tournament. I told her that I work in the Advertising business and I understood why Anna was on the cover, but I just wanted her to know it was a disrespect to real tennis fans. Then I hung up on her when she was about to repeat herself for the tenth time "we try to promote lots of players, Anna just happened to end up on that cover" LOL...yeah whatever

Helen Lawson
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Does not Iva Majoli possess "Euro tits and ass" as well? The Family Circle Cup boasts many past "Euro tits and ass" champions if you think about it.

Dawn Marie
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Hi :wavey: Bk4ever good for you:) We're not dissin Anna just want fair exposure to the players. LOL

Hi :wavey: dlandy22 hey.. I kow you like Anna but as a tennis fan I felt the need to call her. It is not about ANNA so much as the marketing team.

Helen Lawson, you need to think about it and playing stupid does not become you.

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:19 PM
omg, Dawn Marie & BK Y'all are my girls!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I know Robin is thinking WTFF is going on! LOL

DM, that was a good move telling her about talking about it on the net, now she has no clue how many people know about the KC <Kournikova Controversy ;)> Haha

BK, man you should get your tale down here so you can see for yourself how many Serena & Iva pics they have up.

Helen Lawson
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:23 PM
If my fortunes rose and fell with the success of that tournament I would have Anna's puss plastered on everything I could possibly find, with Serena a close second. I see the point of being irritated because at this point, she really is starting to become somewhat of, what should I say, joke, but her mug does sell tickets much more than most of the other chicks on the tour. Someone has to raise that $1 million in prize money. Iva Majoli's face is not going to raise that kind of money in South Carolina.

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:37 PM
If my fortunes rose and fell with the success of that tournament I would have Anna's puss plastered on everything I could possibly find, with Serena a close second. I see the point of being irritated because at this point, she really is starting to become somewhat of, what should I say, joke, but her mug does sell tickets much more than most of the other chicks on the tour. Someone has to raise that $1 million in prize money. Iva Majoli's face is not going to raise that kind of money in South Carolina.

Yeah but don't you think the success of that tournament does not lie in the use of Anna or her fly-by-night fans (not talking about her tennis fans just her tits & ass fans) but lies withing generating an interest in Women's tennis overall. How better to do that then to try to introduce the sucsess stories of women's tennis. Seems to me fans of AK's butt will buy a ticket anyway you don't have to do much advertising.

Also, Charleston county is 35% African-American did the marketers care about that. Why not push Serena and Chanda so they can open the market up, bring in new people. What white teenage boys money is the only money worth having? Last year Chanda won the special award and they did zero publicity about it. I missed the ceramony cause they had false information in the brochure (that it would be presented at the Neville Brothers concert which it wasn't). I think it all boils down to laziness. Well this is how xyz tournament did their marketing that must be the way to do it. Dooooh! :eek:

Dawn Marie
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Excellent post Rocketta!! and couldn't have said it better myself!!

brava brava.. :worship: :)

Helen Lawson
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:05 PM
I go for the cash in hand. Serena and Chanda could leave tennis tomorrow. There will always be young white "Euro" hotties playing tennis. Plus, South Carolina is one of the poorest states in the union and I doubt its Black population is ahead of the financial curve there. Tennis tickets are not cheap and the FCC is no exception. Their market are young relatively wealthy people who play tennis or are interested in tennis. Who do you think those people are in Charleston? Who do you think those people were are Hilton Head? I agree with you in theory, but not practically.

Rocketta
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:33 PM
I go for the cash in hand. Serena and Chanda could leave tennis tomorrow. There will always be young white "Euro" hotties playing tennis. Plus, South Carolina is one of the poorest states in the union and I doubt its Black population is ahead of the financial curve there. Tennis tickets are not cheap and the FCC is no exception. Their market are young relatively wealthy people who play tennis or are interested in tennis. Who do you think those people are in Charleston? Who do you think those people were are Hilton Head? I agree with you in theory, but not practically.

I agree that the median income of the AA community in Charleston lags behind their caucasion counterparts but lets remember promoting Anna you will only be selling single day session tickets. Black people may be poor but they will support their own and to pay $30, $40, or $50 bucks to go to the tournament one day is doable. Also, something could happen to Anna tomorrow and then where would they be trying to start the marketing machine monster all over when they have the commodity right in front of their face if they just would look at it and give it some respect.

Also, this tournament is expensive but I think they have no clue about whether minorities would support it cause they dismiss them as irrelevant. Well I'm AA and I travel 3 hours to spend my money. They only think they know the AA & other minority communities they do not.

Also, Serena has the talent to dominate her sport ala Michael Jordan. Maybe she will or Maybe she won't but one thing I do know is that back in Michael's hayday they would've never marketed a pretty face above MJ's talent. Only we women get that special priviledge. :sad: :sad:

croat123
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:26 PM
*cough*grand slam champion*cough*

Dawn Marie
Mar 27th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Well said Rocketta!:)

Anyway, I would like to add. That this is not just about the AA community it also concerns other players who aren't getting their respect. Did any of us who called expect a change? No. We just wanted to let them know how we feel.

We only want equal respect for the players.. players who deserve it. When I called I also mentioned Patty Schydner and Iva Majoli. If these women would be marketed equally then maybe more people would know who they are.

I am inclined to think that more people are into tennis the game then they are T@A. Family Circle Cup is just selling Anna to the media... I just think they underestimate alot of tennis fans. Quite frankly I think all tennis fans(Anna fans) should understand where we're coming from here. Besides it's not like Anna herself couldn't benefit(if at all possible) from less exposure. hell if yah ask me I even think Anna is getting tired of the hype.

-Sonic-
Mar 27th, 2003, 12:45 AM
Wow I'm really impressed with the people who called :D

vogus
Mar 27th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the girls on the cover of the brochure got paid for it? Anna was probably cheaper per square inch than Serena, and the marketing people were just being economical.

Some of those tournament people are small-town types (ie all they know about tennis is what they see on ESPN Sports Center). So they don't know yet that Anna K mania in the tennis world peaked in 1999 (four years ago for those who can't count) and that her icon stature has been on the slide ever since. She's nowhere near to being the hottest chick on the tour anymore, plus her game has obviously plummeted. But news travels slow when you're a moron.

If they just wanted a Euro tits and ass hottie on the cover, they should have put Patty there, 'cuz Patty's got all that Kournikova's got in the T&A department, plus she put in a great performance last year that everybody will remember for a long time.

Hewitt225
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:19 AM
anna sells, and its all about getting people to buy tickets for the tournament

theultimateone
Mar 27th, 2003, 05:24 AM
If you want to talk about cash in hand, then Serena's picture should have been on the cover without question. Serena Williams just recently became the 5th or 6th woman EVER in women's tennis to win 4 Grand Slam Championships in a row, and you want to justify Anna's picture on this brochure--BULLSHIT!!

If they want to promote someone, then promote the individual that DESERVES to be promoted. Even in the Tits and Ass department, Serena surpasses Anna. The truth of the matter is that they wanted a "white" face on the cover. It didn't matter the accomplishments. Some folks just won't accept that whites didn't invent the wheel. Also, contrary to what is shown on Amercian television, there are many, many, many POOR white folk in America and many, many WELL-TO-DO black folk in America. Unfortunately, the poor white folks are hid behind the scenes as if they don't exist, while poor black folks are presented as representative of the majority of blacks.

Also, another more important reason their decision to feature Anna sucks is this. This is an American tournament and the fact that Serena is American, the #1 player in the world and Grand Slam Champion, is a slam in the face of Serena. The Family Circle Cup should really be ashamed. But frankly they think that noone will complain as long as a white face is represented.

To anyone who thinks ethnicity doesn't have anything to do with anything in regards to their choice of Anna over Serena, you can keep lying to yourself, but reality is what it is here in America.

switz
Mar 27th, 2003, 05:52 AM
don't you people have lives? yes it probably is wrong to put anna on the cover with the way she has been playing, but i mean if that is the way they want to market the tournament then so be it. i would have liked to see patty incorporated into the cover considering the wins she had their last year, and the enjoyment her matches must have given the crowd, but in the end for me it is just the cover of a magazine. i just find it so amazing that you think that you are going to have some huge affect on the way people think (espcially those in PR) by calling them and complaining. don't you realise that as soon as they got off the phone with you they just would have thought you were a bitch and forgotten all about it half an hour later. they don't care what die-hard tennis fans like yourself think, because in reality there are very few people who are so passionate as you are, and most of those people would just look at the cover, think anna was pretty, and then get on with their lives. your moral crusades are admirable in one sense, but they are also very sad in so many other ways. one thing i can say for cetain is that this tournament's profits will not suffer as result of having anna on the cover, and if you think the organisers care about anything but that bottom line then you are either extremly niave or just plain stupid.