PDA

View Full Version : Nasdaq Monday night report..OHMIGAWD

Mark43
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:59 AM
Okay, like, Uh MA GAWD!
Uh
MA
GAWD!

No way, did I just see what I thought I saw? Meghann Shaughnessy defeated Venus Williams 7-6, 6-1. Did Meghann have at least 9 match points? NO WAY.

Okay, the evening began with Venus so it might have well as ended with her as well. When i got to the park at 6pm there was a big crowd around one of the practice courts. It was Venus hitting with a young fellow and Richard was feeding them balls and talking on his cell phone. Venus looked quite good, hitting hard and flat and putting in some nice serves. This was the closest I have ever been to Venus so I stayed and enjoyed the sights.

When I reported for duty I was thrilled to once again get the same box to usher at the back middle of the court right under the ESPN booth. First off was a ceremony for Mary Joe Fernandez as the ambassador of the Nasdaq and mentor of (oops! already forgot her name). Then came Roger Federer and Juan Chela. Federer moves like a gazelle. he is the male Evonne Goolagong/Hana Mandlikova. Very, very beautful movement and his backhand is the best in the game. I have never really gotten into him on TV but he won me over tonight. Federer took the first set 6-1 and it looked like Chela was giving up. I was like...what a wuss! Then Chela woke up and took the second set 6-3. After that Roger turned it up a notch and slammed another 6-1 set down his throat. This was all fine and dandy cause we all just wanted our Venus.

Out she strode in all her glory. Venus ran out to a 3-0 lead and I thought she was going to take Meghann 2 + 3. Twiddle dee dee.

Meghann had other thoughts. She slowly got her game in order and was looping her shots. Meghann picked up her serve, which can be quite wicked as she is a tall whippet of a girl. Meghann's body is rather strange...she looks like a thin S. A serif rather than san serif.

Somehow we ended up in a thriller tie break and Meghann surprised everyone by totally controlling this tie break 7-2. I figured we were in for a long night. The crowd was thrilled. Meghann kept controlling her shots. hitting deep loopers that gave Venus fits. Meghann was mixing up her shots and venus was not able to take charge of the points the way she is used to. Now I know ESPN was taping this match, so i imagine you all are going to watch it later tonight. I am sure you will have a different perspective which I would like to hear. I was so amped on adrenaline (this was the most exciting match for me so far) that I am sure I am missing some points.

Meghann went up 5-0! and I think had 4 or 5 match points on Venus's serve. Venus held on and you know what...I felt she still was going to turn it around and pull the match out. At 5-1, Meghann went up forty love and had 3 more match points. Venus raised the level of her game and it was soooooo f*cking exciting! I swear the crowd was going crazy and loving every minute of it.

This is pretty much all I have to say. I was so amped I don't even remember the last 2 points? I think maybe Venus hit a ball out on match point? not sure.

No I know I am not going to sleep tonight from all this thrilling tennis.

I need a stiff drink!

Tomorrow I am working 2 straight shifts so it is Martin, Rios, Serena, federer, Kim, Jelena and then Mark/Andre.

rhz
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Okay, like, Uh MA GAWD!
Uh
MA
GAWD!

No way, did I just see what I thought I saw? Meghann Shaughnessy defeated Venus Williams 7-6, 6-1. Did Meghann have at least 9 match points? NO WAY.

Okay, the evening began with Venus so it might have well as ended with her as well. When i got to the park at 6pm there was a big crowd around one of the practice courts. It was Venus hitting with a young fellow and Richard was feeding them balls and talking on his cell phone. Venus looked quite good, hitting hard and flat and putting in some nice serves. This was the closest I have ever been to Venus so I stayed and enjoyed the sights.

When I reported for duty I was thrilled to once again get the same box to usher at the back middle of the court right under the ESPN booth. First off was a ceremony for Mary Joe Fernandez as the ambassador of the Nasdaq and mentor of (oops! already forgot her name). Then came Roger Federer and Juan Chela. Federer moves like a gazelle. he is the male Evonne Goolagong/Hana Mandlikova. Very, very beautful movement and his backhand is the best in the game. I have never really gotten into him on TV but he won me over tonight. Federer took the first set 6-1 and it looked like Chela was giving up. I was like...what a wuss! Then Chela woke up and took the second set 6-3. After that Roger turned it up a notch and slammed another 6-1 set down his throat. This was all fine and dandy cause we all just wanted our Venus.

Out she strode in all her glory. Venus ran out to a 3-0 lead and I thought she was going to take Meghann 2 + 3. Twiddle dee dee.

Meghann had other thoughts. She slowly got her game in order and was looping her shots. Meghann picked up her serve, which can be quite wicked as she is a tall whippet of a girl. Meghann's body is rather strange...she looks like a thin S. A serif rather than san serif.

Somehow we ended up in a thriller tie break and Meghann surprised everyone by totally controlling this tie break 7-2. I figured we were in for a long night. The crowd was thrilled. Meghann kept controlling her shots. hitting deep loopers that gave Venus fits. Meghann was mixing up her shots and venus was not able to take charge of the points the way she is used to. Now I know ESPN was taping this match, so i imagine you all are going to watch it later tonight. I am sure you will have a different perspective which I would like to hear. I was so amped on adrenaline (this was the most exciting match for me so far) that I am sure I am missing some points.

Meghann went up 5-0! and I think had 4 or 5 match points on Venus's serve. Venus held on and you know what...I felt she still was going to turn it around and pull the match out. At 5-1, Meghann went up forty love and had 3 more match points. Venus raised the level of her game and it was soooooo f*cking exciting! I swear the crowd was going crazy and loving every minute of it.

This is pretty much all I have to say. I was so amped I don't even remember the last 2 points? I think maybe Venus hit a ball out on match point? not sure.

No I know I am not going to sleep tonight from all this thrilling tennis.

I need a stiff drink!

Tomorrow I am working 2 straight shifts so it is Martin, Rios, Serena, federer, Kim, Jelena and then Mark/Andre.

Nice report, please keep em coming, nice to see meghann won, but i really wanted to see Venus vs Jen... well maybe another time! good job Meghann

King Aaron
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Thanks again. :)
Please do tell more about Jelena's match tomorrow. :D

Bella
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Thanks for your reports. I look forward to the rest.

Rae Q.
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:11 PM
First off was a ceremony for Mary Joe Fernandez as the ambassador of the Nasdaq and mentor of (oops! already forgot her name).

Marta Marrero I think. :) Really cool report again! :wavey:

I feel bad for Venus but she'll be back. Good for Meg and I hope she goes all the way to the final and plays my fav. :angel: