PDA

View Full Version : Is Venus Injured...

SerenaSlam
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:54 AM
....this is not excuses making, but the pts are going by like every 1 second. It seems she is either winning the pt, or loosing the pt now.

Crazy Canuck
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:55 AM
So she is either winning them or losing them eh? As opposed to the alternative? ;)

tenn_ace
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:56 AM
here we go again...

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:01 AM
She's getting hit right off the court in this 2nd set.

Perdita_Durango
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:02 AM
No, she just lost, fair and square... so deal with it.

SerenaSlam
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:03 AM
i called they said she was injured......so i guess i must've been right? nope, the fans are god, they tell us, she isn't injured she got beat...oh well..

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:04 AM
well there is always next tournament. Maybe now venus will work on her serve and focus on tennis. Meg has a big win, but she is not winning this tournament. Oh well, nice one vee but you just didn't have it today. I think this is looking like a serena jen final which is always a classic cause meg is not beating jen.

tennischick
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:10 AM
i called they said she was injured......so i guess i must've been right? nope, the fans are god, they tell us, she isn't injured she got beat...oh well..
did "they" say what exactly is wrong with her? what's the nature of the injury? :confused:

tenn_ace
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:12 AM
I think this is looking like a serena jen final which is always a classic cause meg is not beating jen.

I'm sure Justine or Chanda has something to say about this... :p :drool:

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:14 AM
When you called, what did they say was 'wrong' with her? What type of injury or did they not speculate as to specifics?

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:14 AM
I'm sure Justine or Chanda has something to say about this... :p :drool:
....or Kim! :)

Crazy Canuck
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:16 AM
I think this is looking like a serena jen final which is always a classic cause meg is not beating jen.

Well according to most, she wasn't beating Venus either.

GrahamD
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:17 AM
did "they" say what exactly is wrong with her? what's the nature of the injury? :confused:

Yeh, absolutely. She's about as injured as Daniela was when she lost to Molik. We're all as guilty as the next person to go looking for excuses that do not exist when our favourite loses. Sometimes you just have to concede that your hero or heroine gets beaten by a better player on the day.

Wouldn't it be nice for a change to say "Well done Meghann" or whoever or does that stick in your throat too much?

mboyle
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:17 AM
Venus is definately injured-IN THE EGO! :p Meghan won fair and square. The statistics definately show that much. Williams fans just never want to admit that Venus and Serena (well, Venus in particular) can actually loose even when they are playing well. It annoys the heck out of me sometimes.

Simplify
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Justine or Chanda? Yeah, right! I'm not saying Serena/Jen, but certainly JEN vs. somebody.

BK4ever
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:19 AM
Half the people celebrating Meg's win are not even Meg fans...they are Venus haters

I'm happy for you guys...you have something to salivate over for a while :fiery:

If Venus was truly injured, then she should not have played.

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Venus is definately injured-IN THE EGO! :p Meghan won fair and square. The statistics definately show that much. Williams fans just never want to admit that Venus and Serena (well, Venus in particular) can actually loose even when they are playing well. It annoys the heck out of me sometimes.

just like lindsay right? I dont know if she was injured or not becaue i haven't seen the match or called the tournament. I'll wait for the interviews. In any case when you step on court it doesn't matter if your injured or not. meg won, venus didn't. Life moves on. Meg won't be winning this tournament and serena has very very good chance at defending.

tennis4life
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:20 AM
I still love you V,
better luck next tournament! :D

t4l

Steam
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:21 AM
Oh no, Venus lost?!? Call the police. Something must be screwed up. I can't believe that people actually lose matches. Utterly baffling.

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:22 AM
Yeh, absolutely. She's about as injured as Daniela was when she lost to Molik. We're all as guilty as the next person to go looking for excuses that do not exist when our favourite loses. Sometimes you just have to concede that your hero or heroine gets beaten by a better player on the day.

Wouldn't it be nice for a change to say "Well done Meghann" or whoever or does that stick in your throat too much?

just like lindsay? I guess players don't get injured right? whatever. the point is when you take the court it doesn't matter if your injured or not a loss is a loss and a win is a win unless something happens like at that monica match where she was attacked.

tennis4life
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:22 AM
I really had it in my head that V would take this tournament. I truly hope she is not injured.

t4ll

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:23 AM
WIN THE FRENCH VENUS!! and enter some more tournaments already! and work on that second serve because its not good.

Janet
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:24 AM
Yes, I agree if venus was not hurt venus did get beating fair & square
it happen to the best!!!!! she will be ok and bounce back to the other tourament, so you know Mary Jo & Pam Shriver is going to have a field day with this Meg. win!!!!! which if I was Meg. I would feel really good about myself for beating one of the best tennis player in the WORLD, know we will see if she can do it again against Ms. Jenn. (I beat she can not).............

Burberry
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:25 AM
Let's wait for Venus' post-match interview and see what she is gonna say!!!!

ys
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:27 AM
I salute all those Venus-fans who are now here to take this loss like they should. :wavey:
Losses happen, she will be back..

Where are all those who would spawn dozens of thread should she have won?

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:28 AM
I would rather Meghann just played out of her mind, than to hear Venus is injured. But seeing as no one seems to have seen the match....we won't know until it airs. Hard to say from stats, but it looks like Meghan just played a really good match.

TennisHack
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:29 AM
Apparently this will be the tape delayed match, seen on ESPN2 at 2 am EST. Set your VCRs ;)

stijntje
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:29 AM
i'm glad Meghann won that match...
ok, just call me a Venus-hater if you want...
is it that bad?!

i'm just happy because Justine won't have to face Venus in the semis if she gets there...

selesfan
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Well according to most, she wasn't beating Venus either.
But Meg always gives Venus a tough time, she usually doesn't play as well against Jen. I hope she gives her a match, I want to see a competitive match. :)

Infiniti2001
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Good Lord!! It's only a match.. There will more tournaments.It's hurts :sad: , but just like Venus , her fans need to keep moving... Have no fear-- she will be back :wavey: :bounce: :bounce:

Nan Cu
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:32 AM
well there is always next tournament. Maybe now venus will work on her serve and focus on tennis.

LOL. Don't hold your breath.

spencercarlos
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:34 AM
Meghan definetly has shown she can beat Venus, this is the second time and she proved to be no fluke. The match statistics says it. Yes Venus had a bad day, but Meghan did her job being very agressive.

GrahamD
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:34 AM
I don't care if anyone does call me a Venus hater. Why shouldn't I be- she's always beating Dani :( Anyhow, Meghann is Daniela's doubles partner so this victory bodes well for our girls in the doubles. :bounce:

Freewoman33
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Wow! this thread is a heaven for haters. Have fun people, you guys have been waiting for this forever. Thank goodness you people have a day to celebrate your hate.

~ The Leopard ~
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:44 AM
Go Super-Meghann (and Dani/Meg in doubles). :worship:

selesfan
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Apparently this will be the tape delayed match, seen on ESPN2 at 2 am EST. Set your VCRs ;)

2:00 a.m est? I thought it was 11:00 p.m est.

GrahamD
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:49 AM
Wow! Have fun people, you guys have been waiting for this forever. Thank goodness you people have a day to celebrate your hate.

These kind of days don't come along too often so we have to milk it for all its worth. :devil:

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:57 AM
venus was not injured. I read her interview.

Rocketta
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:03 AM
How come nobody complained about all the people asking if Mauresmo was injured in her match when she got beat handily by Chanda! You'll people are the biggest hipocrits!!! Just Congratulate Meghann and let Venus fans speculate all they want just like the other's fans did when their player lost handily.

Freewoman33
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:03 AM
Congrats. to Meghann for taking it to Venus and winning the damn thing. Go luck against Jen, Maghann.

CJ07
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:08 AM
looking by the stats Meg played insane tennis

she was just too good, and Venus was off a bit today

Venus will be back, last time she lost to meg she won 2 or 3 straight tournaments including The UsOpen, beating guess who...SERENA in the final

lets hope history repeats itself
I was really looking forward to an All-Williams Final!
Oh well

GrahamD
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:09 AM
venus was not injured. I read her interview.

And it STILL chokes you to say congrats to Meghann. Shame on you :(

King Lindsay
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:11 AM
It's too bad we didn't get the Venus-Capriati match, if only because now we will have to listen to the same old idiots opine that draws are rigged because Jennifer always plays Serena and never Venus. ;)

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:11 AM
So what happened with the person who called the tournament and was told Venus was injured? I'm a bit perplexed abou that?....

Myskina Lina
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:33 AM
So what happened with the person who called the tournament and was told Venus was injured? I'm a bit perplexed abou that?....

Well, when I called, the "person" said Venus was injured... called it an "Ass Kicking"... sounded VERY painfull... might be a couple weeks before she can play again.

:p

BasicTennis
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Venus had an injured service game.

Jakeev
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Well I did not see the match and cannot comment on what went on. I only know the statistics supposedly show Meghann controlled the match and that is very rare against a Williams sister.

What I am glad to see, however, is that a lower-ranked player took advantage of a higher-ranked player who was hitting a lot of unforced errors.

Again I am only going by statistics. It looks like Shaunessy stayed aggressive through out the match, something players don't seem to do against the best of the best.

Venus still fought hard, but Meghann did not wilt. And the wild Miami tournament continues......

selesadmirer
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:55 AM
According to this article from yahoo Meghann just played better and venus couldn't get the ball in..she said you can't win them all...No signs of injury...That is good to hear. :wavey:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-nasdaq-100open&prov=ap&type=lgns

tennischick
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:00 AM
that person's name is SerenaSlam and she admits in another thread (after my enquiry) that she was lying. Venus was not injured -- she simply got thrashed...:o :o

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:22 PM
that person's name is SerenaSlam and she admits in another thread (after my enquiry) that she was lying. Venus was not injured -- she simply got thrashed...:o :o
That's a bunch of crap. I hate liars!

starr
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:40 PM
lol lol lol... I read another thread where angry posters were calling for someone to be banned because that person said he/she had called the tournament and was informed that Venus had withdrawn from the tournament.

If SerenaSlam was one of those posters calling for the banning, it would be perfectly hilarious.

leslie
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Come on people you can't win them all. Ofcourse she is going to lose at some point in time, she is not perfect. And I am sure Serena will lose a match sometime this year. But the best part of all is we still have a Williams in the tournment. Serena is going to be more determine to take this one home. That girl that Serena plays next, you never know she might beat Serena anything is possible. The only thing that is for sure is Death and taxes and sometimes one could avoid paying taxes.

starr
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Leslie,

I do agree with you that it is impossible for a player to win every match played. But, if one were to listen to the hyperbole posted on this board about Venus or Serena, one might believe that they could only lose to one another.

Plus, for non-fans, it is a small ray of hope. ;)

starr
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Oh yeah, and for me, the good news is that Chanda is still in it... so is Bartoli. Have you seen her? You might like her. She is a big strong girl. She dwarfs her father. I think those are the only two left that would thrill me... And it's not likely to happen, is it? :)

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:37 PM
I just hate liars, and wish that poster would address/apologize for what he/she did.

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:12 PM
And it STILL chokes you to say congrats to Meghann. Shame on you :(

are you retarded? Venus lost, so what? i wanted her to win but my life doesn't stop when one of my favs loses unlike you I guess. Shame on me? for what? When the lakers beat the bulls am I supposed to go pat them on the back for beating my favs? youre crazy. This is competitive sports and I am a fan and I'll cheer and boo whoever I want and congragulate whoever I want.

:wavey:

GrahamD
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:18 PM

Another bad loser to add to my ignore list. I haven't got time for stupid idiots like you :mad: :devil:

griffin
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:31 PM
And yet here you are talking to her...:rolleyes:

Serenaslam on lying about the call to the tourney to verify Venus' "injury"

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=62109

messin w/ you all...sorry bout that as well....that was bogus wasn't it.

Yes, lying/deliberately falsifying information is "bogus"

Anyway, I'm happy it was nothing more serious than a bad day.

harloo
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:39 PM
But Meg always gives Venus a tough time, she usually doesn't play as well against Jen. I hope she gives her a match, I want to see a competitive match. :)

Exactly selesfan. This is the same thing that happened at the BOTWC against Megan. Vee was off, which I know she was and Megan won it. IMO, Vee just does not match up well against her, but for anyone thinking Megan will win the tournament then you are smoking crack.

Also, I know all the haters will be taping it. LOL. Is it that serious? ROTFMAO!

Congrats TRUE Megan fans!!!

jay_k
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:41 PM
First it was someone lying about Justine "pulling out " off Miami and then this :( . I don't think i can trust any of the "news" on this site anylonger :(

joaco
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:38 PM
CONGRATS MEGGAN ON BEATING VENUS!!!
Well done, congratulation you played a really aggressive tennis, well done. And Venus was not injured...

Joaco

mjones
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Hats off to Meghann. She's worked hard on her game and it's starting to show. This is bad news for Venus as all those about her are improving their game while Venus is standing still. My lady Williams was so great that on bad days she could pull the match out but all of that is about to change.

Venus and Serena set a standard so high all the other players could only wish. Now those player have stopped wishing and are training harder than ever to move their game up. This is one of the ways V&S have made tennis better for everyone. (Everyone one in tennis is also richer because of V&S). Remember that when the haters hate.

The problem with Venus is that she has not improve any aspect of her game over a year and a half. Her second serve is still weak because she refuses to work on her technique. (I'm guessing that's why her second serve hasn't improve). Her ace count is down and she's losing more games on her serve than ever before. Venus has not reached anywhere near her full potential and I'm afraid she never will even as great as she is now.

Venus will continue to win more then she loses (best record in 2000 & 2001, 2nd best in 2002), but look for more lower rank players to start beating Venus if Ms Williams doesn't decide take the bull by the horn. I demand nothing but the best from Venus since she is a pro and makes more in a year from tennis and tennis related stuff than all of us combine will make in a lifetime. No matter who you are you are going to lose now and then but lose giving it your best and make the other player beat you. Give them nothing.

Another thing-I have seen too many matches of Venus go three sets because Venus goes away to that place she goes away to. Call it lack of focus if you like but with her knee problems she needs to be off the court a quick as possible. She will pay dearly for this years later if not sooner.

Bottom line. Great win Meghann. Get to work Venus.

jenny161185
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:14 PM
EXcuses Excuses, Venus was beaten, I think she was afraid to play jen cos she knew she was going to lose to the capster as shes coming back to 2001 form! lol. hard luck to Venus though , I hope its a cappy serena final with jen taking her down !!!!! :wavey: :p

tennischick
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Hats off to Meghann. She's worked hard on her game and it's starting to show. This is bad news for Venus as all those about her are improving their game while Venus is standing still. My lady Williams was so great that on bad days she could pull the match out but all of that is about to change.

Venus and Serena set a standard so high all the other players could only wish. Now those player have stopped wishing and are training harder than ever to move their game up. This is one of the ways V&S have made tennis better for everyone. (Everyone one in tennis is also richer because of V&S). Remember that when the haters hate.

The problem with Venus is that she has not improve any aspect of her game over a year and a half. Her second serve is still weak because she refuses to work on her technique. (I'm guessing that's why her second serve hasn't improve). Her ace count is down and she's losing more games on her serve than ever before. Venus has not reached anywhere near her full potential and I'm afraid she never will even as great as she is now.

Venus will continue to win more then she loses (best record in 2000 & 2001, 2nd best in 2002), but look for more lower rank players to start beating Venus if Ms Williams doesn't decide take the bull by the horn. I demand nothing but the best from Venus since she is a pro and makes more in a year from tennis and tennis related stuff than all of us combine will make in a lifetime. No matter who you are you are going to lose now and then but lose giving it your best and make the other player beat you. Give them nothing.

Another thing-I have seen too many matches of Venus go three sets because Venus goes away to that place she goes away to. Call it lack of focus if you like but with her knee problems she needs to be off the court a quick as possible. She will pay dearly for this years later if not sooner.

Bottom line. Great win Meghann. Get to work Venus.
excellent assessment! ;) ;)

Volcana
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Hey, venus lost. If you look at last year, this tournament was her 2nd worst result. She said Meghann played well. In fact, she said it three times in her post-match. She also said she (Venus) 'couldn't hit anything in'.

Meghann plays good + Venus plays not-so-good = Meghann advances

Not playing a tournament for a month might not be the best approach.

She play one Rebound Ace tournament.
Then one indoor tournament. (Supreme, I think)
The now she playing one hardcourt tournament
Then on to clay season.

OTOH, the girl's given me 4 GS titles worth of thrills. So anyway she wants to handle it is fine with me.