PDA

View Full Version : I got mail

AgassiGirl16
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:27 AM
Hi everyone.
Saturday when I got up (on the day of my prom!) My brother told me I had mail from West Palm Beach. I was like, who lives in Florida. I opened it up and it was a letter from Corina Morariu. I had given her a letter in July at WTT, and I also sent her a letter. She apologized for taking so long to answer, and told me tha she had been carrying my letter around in her purse for months. She told me that she has been rehabing from the surgery she had in November, and would start playing again in Europe in May. She also wished me luck with my tennis, and everything. It was really sweet. When I wrote to her, I really never expected anything back. I was just writing to let her know what an inspiration I thought she was. So it was a total surprise. It's really nice to know that she is grateful for each a every little letter. She is such a sweethart. She is really a great person. I just wanted to share with everyone. If you want me to post the letter..just let me know.

Mary Kate

tennischick
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:36 AM
nice... how touching! i wish her the best. thanks for sharing...;)

Leena
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:45 AM
That's so sweet! :)

Corina's always seemed like a person you can't help but love.

geewhiz
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Awwww that's so nice :) It's good to hear that her recovery seems to be going well too.

Perdita_Durango
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:16 AM
Now THIS is what I like to hear. Corina Morariu is such a wonderful person. :)

Venus Forever
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:17 AM
How nice.:)

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:17 AM
Ah, what a GREAT story!!! She oozes class and humanity.

Jordan.
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:20 AM
:clap:

Sure, I'd love to see the letter! :D Go Corina!

AgassiGirl16
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Here's the letter. It was so sweet. I have to have foot surgery soon, and its going to be a long recovery. But that letter always makes me smile. She is such a sweet person.

Dear Mary Kate,
Please forgive me for taking so long to write to you. I have been carrying the letter you wrote me in Philadelphia around in my purse for months and I am sorry I didnt write sooner. Your letters have been so sweet and I wanted to thank you for your support from the bottom of my heart. I had shoulder surgery in November, so I hoping to start playing again in Europe in May at some point. So for now, I am just rehabing and trying to stay in shape. I hope your tennis is going well. It must be season so I wish you the best of luck. Thanks again for all your support, and I wish you all the best
Sincerely,
Corina Morariu

I thought it was really sweet. It was awesome of her to take the time to write to me. Someone she only met once. It's nice to know that she remembers me. :)

King Aaron
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Corina is so sweet. :kiss:
Thanks for posting it here Mary kate.

Cariaoke
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Wow what a nice story. That really brightened up my day. Thanks for sharing, Mary Kate. :D

Come-on-kim
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Thzt's so sweet!!

jmp
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Thanks for sharing your nice letter, Mary Kate. Corina seems like a wonderful person. I hope you enjoyed the prom. Good luck on your surgery and your tennis.

salima
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Thank you for sharing with us. Great :)

Tratree
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Corina is hands-down the nicest player on the tour. I cherish a thank-you note she wrote to me, as well as many other posters on this board, after a sent her a get-well card in the hospital while she was getting treatment for her leukemia. For some to take the time out while fighting cancer to write back to fans who just wanted to cheer her up and in turn make their day speaks volumes of a person's character. I hope she comes back strong after this shoulder surgery and mostly hope for continued remission for this fabulous young lady :)

propi
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Here's the letter. It was so sweet. I have to have foot surgery soon, and its going to be a long recovery. But that letter always makes me smile. She is such a sweet person.

Dear Mary Kate,
Please forgive me for taking so long to write to you. I have been carrying the letter you wrote me in Philadelphia around in my purse for months and I am sorry I didnt write sooner. Your letters have been so sweet and I wanted to thank you for your support from the bottom of my heart. I had shoulder surgery in November, so I hoping to start playing again in Europe in May at some point. So for now, I am just rehabing and trying to stay in shape. I hope your tennis is going well. It must be season so I wish you the best of luck. Thanks again for all your support, and I wish you all the best
Sincerely,
Corina Morariu

I thought it was really sweet. It was awesome of her to take the time to write to me. Someone she only met once. It's nice to know that she remembers me. :)
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Corina :worship: :worship: :worship:
She's really nice!!!!!!!!!
I hope all the best for her

AgassiGirl16
Mar 25th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Yeah, she is awesome. I read the letter everyday. It really helps me to work hard at my tennis. Even though I know I have 2 tough surgeries ahead of me, looking at what she went through, it all seems like a peice of cake. I wish her all the best when she comes back!

M&M
Mar 25th, 2003, 07:43 PM
how sweet! :hearts: she's so nice!
ty mary kate for sharing it with us :kiss:

Meesh
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:43 PM
That's really nice, thanks Mary Kate.

Also, Didn't you write and win the essay contest for Sanex on Corina? what was your prize.

AgassiGirl16
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:46 PM
Hi,
Yup, I won the essay contest with my essay about Corina. For my prize I got a WTA Tour Calendar signed by Lindsay Davenport, a Sanex WTA tour hat, and Advantage tennis magazine. It was pretty cool.

King Aaron
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Yeah, she is awesome. I read the letter everyday. It really helps me to work hard at my tennis. Even though I know I have 2 tough surgeries ahead of me, looking at what she went through, it all seems like a peice of cake. I wish her all the best when she comes back!
What type of surgery? Really major ones?

AgassiGirl16
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:46 PM
I have deformed meditarsel bones on both of my feet. It's a deformity that I inherited but got worse because I have flat feet and because I play tennis. It's 10 weeks recovery for each foot, and I have to do on at a time. I also have to get screws in the bones to hold them in place. It's going to be pretty painful, and a long recovery. I'm worried about my tennis, and the time I have to take off. But I should be fine.

King Aaron
Mar 27th, 2003, 03:19 PM
:sad: It sounds so complicated. I hope everything goes well for you and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts for sure. :) You WILL be fine. :kiss:

White Stripes
Mar 27th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Awww, this was so sweet of Corina!
I feel happy for you, Mary Kate :wavey:

Messenger
Mar 27th, 2003, 03:57 PM
What a great letter! I'm sure you were pretty surprised to find it. I remember the photo you posted too M.K.

caramel
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:05 PM
What a beautiful story... you´re truly lucky!!! I wish you all the best with your surgery and everything! :kiss:

AgassiGirl16
Mar 27th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Thanks everybody! I'm sure I'll be fine too. I'm just not looking forward to the recovery!