PDA

View Full Version : Venus vs Jennifer - Projected Match

GogoGirl
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:07 PM
In no way do I want to discredit Meghann - because she has beaten Venus before. But if I'm not mistaken - Venus has won their last couple of matches. MS can do it - but I'll have to go w/my girl.

Now - if Venus & Jennifer play - my - my - my! It has been ages since I used to get nervous before a match Venus had to play. But if she and Jen are to meet - then I know I'll have a nervous stomach. And don't let Jen be in the lead or get the first break. Ohhh my goodness.

Venus used to give some of her fans fits - and especially if she lost the first set. I know some can feel me on it. I am already on pins and needles just thinking about the match-up. Jen looks sooooo good @ this tourney. IMO - she is another one that just loves it.

Again - I can feel the nerves and anxiety coming on strong as it pertains to this potential matchup. And - just in case - I'll just have to go with and pull for my girl.

Gogogirl nervous in the hood.

"COME ON VENUS" "LET'S GO" "LET'S GET THE JOB DONE GIRLIE-GIRL" "YOU CAN DO IT"

"KEEP ON ROLLIN' SERENA"

vs1
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:11 PM
It's a dream match-up! And it's about time!!!
I have full faith in the queen of tennis! Venus is on fire. And she'll step it up some more. I think it'll be a great match-up.

But right now, I'm just hoping that all goes well and that the Queen of Tennis will make it to the QF round!!!

GO QUEEN VEE!!! :worship:

GogoGirl
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Btw - I read a few days ago that McDonalds also was offering something along the line of what DOUBLEMINT is doing. They may be doing it in cahoots w/each other.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK2.story&STORY=/www/story/03-24-2003/0001913186&EDATE=MON+Mar+24+2003,+12:09+PM

Private Tennis Lesson With Serena Williams Will Be Auctioned On Doublemint.com To Benefit The Tom Joyner Foundation
< back

DOUBLEMINT HOSTS CHARITY AUCTION WITH SERENA AND VENUS WILLIAMS
Venus and Serena Williams announce Doublemint "Feel The Green" Auction benefiting the Tom Joyner Foundation. Go to doublemint.com to cast your bid. (PRNewsFoto)[TC]
MIAMI, FL USA 03/24/2003

Doublemint(R) Hosts Charity Auction With Serena And Venus Williams, Powered By
uBid.com

MIAMI, March 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Doublemint and the Williams sisters
announced that fans worldwide can bid on several auction items including a
private tennis lesson with Serena Williams, on doublemint.com powered by
uBid.com from March 24 - April 25, 2003. The launch of the "Feel the Green"
Auction, benefiting the Tom Joyner Foundation, kicked off at NASDAQ 100 where
the top two female ranked players in the world will take center court.
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20030324/CGM034 )
"We partnered with Doublemint on this auction because we wanted to help
raise money for a good cause," said Serena Williams. "The items up for bid
provide everyone a chance to collect something special while giving back to
education."
Doublemint's goal is to raise $10,000 for the Tom Joyner Foundation, which
supports education through scholarships provided to historically black
colleges and universities. The three week charity auction will offer tennis
fans a variety of different items including:

-- Private tennis lesson with Serena Williams
-- Tickets to the US Open in New York, donated by the Williams Sisters
-- Specially designed "Doublemint Feel the Green" Wilson tennis racket
signed by Serena and Venus Williams
-- Serena and Venus Williams' 2003 NASDAQ 100 outfits
-- Serena Williams' 2003 Wimbledon outfit
-- Venus Williams' 2003 French Open outfit
-- Wilson tennis bags and rackets signed by Serena and Venus Williams

"Doublemint and the Williams sisters are partnering up to have some fun
and raise money for education," said Sandra Oi, Doublemint marketing manager.
"This auction will feature some of those fun, exciting, once-in-a-lifetime
experiences that everyone will want to get their hands on."
The "Feel the Green" concept is the current Doublemint advertising
campaign featuring Venus and Serena Williams. The "Feel the Green" Auction
will run from March 24 - April 25, 2003. The exclusive Williams sanctioned
items can be found at doublemint.com, powered by uBid.com. All of the
proceeds will go directly to the Tom Joyner Foundation.
"We are thankful for Doublemint's commitment to education," said Tom
Joyner, founder of the Tom Joyner Foundation. "This auction will raise funds
and awareness for our cause to further strengthen the power of black
universities and colleges around the country."
Serena and Venus Williams have gone head-to-head in the women's singles
final match in five out of the last six grand slam tournaments. They are
currently ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the world, respectively, as they head into
the NASDAQ 100, in Miami, FL. that will be contested from March 16 - 29.

GogoGirl
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:17 PM
I am sooooo tired. I thought I started a new thread for the DOUBLEMINT article.

Please forgive me for I know not how to delete a post.

tennisIlove09
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Not concerned. Venus has Jen's number I think. Odd how Serena struggles against Jen, but the last 2 times they've played Venus has beat Jen easily.

H2H
Venus 97 Miami :76 36 62
Venus 01 Miami: 46 61 76
Venus 01 New Haven: 64 76
Venus 01 US Open: 64 62

DEETHELICK
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Venus is the favourite no doubt, but Jen performs best when she is the underdog.

I am truly looking forward to this match (Sorry Meghan fans!)

Thing is, I think Jen CAN beat her, if she will, God only knows. The courts are playing slower this year and both ladies have enuff power to blow anyone off court.

Lets hope Jen gets her first victory (GogoGirl I agree with ya, this will be one helluva tense match!!)

1jackson2001
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't consider the '01 New Haven scoreline as "easy" because of the tiebreaker in the 2nd set. The games in the Open were probably closely contested too. :)

But I know Venus will emerge victorious once again. ;) :D

Mad-About-Venus
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:12 PM
I also get nervous thinking about this match. I think it's going to get personal, you know, Jennifer and the sisters, it's just not like two dear friends spending the afternoon together.

I have to see how Venus takes on Megan tonight and then I'll see how easy or not it will be for her to take care of Jennifer. Jen has a shot, that's for sure, she is playing really well. But, so is my girl.

I give it to Venus.

jenny161185
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:13 PM
i expect a good match I want jen to win but im not sure if she will I Think Venus might be too strong. the Us open match was interesting capriati was leading 4-1 playing well then Venus stormed back to 4-4 and they had a long game with lots of deuces, jen had many breakpoints and was robbed with a bad net cord. then she was just down on herself in the second, there were some amazing points in the match though

leslie
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:16 PM
I also get nervous thinking about this match. I think it's going to get personal, you know, Jennifer and the sisters, it's just not like two dear friends spending the afternoon together.

I have to see how Venus takes on Megan tonight and then I'll see how easy or not it will be for her to take care of Jennifer. Jen has a shot, that's for sure, she is playing really well. But, so is my girl.

I give it to Venus.

You have nothing to worry about Venus will take Jennifer out. I am not worried at all. One thing I notice in Venus, she knows each of her opponents game. She will also beat Serena in the finals.

BK4ever
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:17 PM
I hate threads like this...Jesus...please let Venus win her match tonight first...

GrahamD
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:30 PM
I hate threads like this...Jesus...please let Venus win her match tonight first...

EXACTLY :rolleyes:

Chickens? Hatched? Count? Don't? Before? :mad: :fiery: These Williams fans make me fume when they start talking about games before they happen.

I hope Meghann wipes those smart-arse smiles off your arrogant faces :fiery: :mad: :devil:

BK4ever
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:02 AM

Chickens? Hatched? Count? Don't? Before? :mad: :fiery: These Williams fans make me fume when they start talking about games before they happen.

I hope Meghann wipes those smart-arse smiles off your arrogant faces :fiery: :mad: :devil:

Lets not go over board now :rolleyes:

I am afterall ...a Williams fan

I guess the Jen fans didnt make you fume...yet another hypocrite :fiery:

Don't use my post to help validate your hypocritical rantings :o

Chance
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:06 AM
oh please Graham... like you can talk.

tennisIlove09
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:12 AM

Memo to GrahamD: Check the title of the thread. "Venus vs. Jennifer-PORJECTED match ;) ;)

GrahamD
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Memo to GrahamD: Check the title of the thread. "Venus vs. Jennifer-PORJECTED match ;) ;)

OK fine - so let's discuss Meghann v Jennifer. How do you think that one will go?

GrahamD
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Lets not go over board now :rolleyes:

I am afterall ...a Williams fan

I guess the Jen fans didnt make you fume...yet another hypocrite :fiery:

Don't use my post to help validate your hypocritical rantings :o

You show me where Jennifer fans are arrogantly predicting outcomes of games that might not even happen. :fiery:

Havok
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:59 AM
well as long as it's a good match, well fought and not too many ue's then i'm all for it. come on Venus :bounce:

GrahamD
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:20 AM
The silence is deafening. Maybe that's because you're all choking on your words.

Bye bye Venus :wavey: :wavey: :D

Jericho
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:32 AM
The silence is deafening. Maybe that's because you're all choking on your words.

Lol @ you...yeah we are all :sad: about venus loss, but looking at your posts just made me cheer up and LMAO...yeah some of us may have jumped the gun a bit....thats for the laugh you just brightened my day... :D :wavey:

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:38 AM
You show me where Jennifer fans are arrogantly predicting outcomes of games that might not even happen. :fiery:

whatever. Like people don't predict the outcome of games? DONT YOU KNOW ABOUT BETTING? GAMBLING? HELLO ARE YOU IQ INTOLERANT?

what the heck is wrong with predicting matches? the only thing you can end up being is wrong! so what! its tennis not war.

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:39 AM

true venus is out maybe she can console daniela, I mean at least they have both won titles this year.... whoops.

GrahamD
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:42 AM
whatever. Like people don't predict the outcome of games? DONT YOU KNOW ABOUT BETTING? GAMBLING? HELLO ARE YOU IQ INTOLERANT?

what the heck is wrong with predicting matches? the only thing you can end up being is wrong! so what! its tennis not war.

There's nothing wrong in predicting matches but don't you think you were jumping the gun a little bit? Why weren't you predicting the outcome of the Venus /Meghann match or was that not worth bothering with because it was a foregone conclusion who was gonna win that?

When you start predicting the outcome of matches that might not even happen, one, it looks arrogant and two, it makes you look stupid when they don't happen.

selesfan
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:42 AM
I was hoping to see this match up but maybe it will happen again soon.

Jericho
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:48 AM
true venus is out maybe she can console daniela, I mean at least they have both won titles this year.... whoops.

ouch...lol though... :worship: ...