PDA

View Full Version : QF: Venus Williams (USA) vs. Jennifer Capriati (USA)

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 24th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Who's gonna take it??? (assuming it happens...which it probably will)

SerenaSlam
Mar 24th, 2003, 09:46 PM
seeing they haven't played since 2001, they played 3 times in 2001, Ericsson being the only 3 setter. Venus has just dominated Jennifer. She knows what needs to happen to take her out in 2 sets. Venus didn't play as well the in Erisson compared to how she played against Jennifer in Pilot Pen (remeber she played henin couple hours before) and US Open. Venus should cruz something like 6-3 6-4.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 24th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Venus 6-3, 3-6, 6-4

Tratree
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Well, the H2H would suggest Jen has no chance, but fortunately they get to play the match and not just go by the H2H ;) The last two times they played Jen was playing absolute toilet tennis in fall 2001, so I expect a bit more of a challenge from her this time. You just never know, stranger things have happened. I'm just excited to finally see this matchup again (assuming Venus beats Meghann). What the heck.....Jen in three :)

GrahamD
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:12 PM
I reckon Meghann has got a pretty good chance of beating Capriati in the QF, assuming that will happen, which it probably will.

Martian Stacey
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:14 PM
I'm going to go Venus, but i think it'll be a fairly close match

lizchris
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:39 PM
I'll wait until the end of the Venus/Meghann match to make my prediction. Meghann is a better player in 2003 than she was in 2002 and she could beat Venus. It is unlikely, but possible.

SerenaSlam
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:56 PM
I'll wait until the end of the Venus/Meghann match to make my prediction. Meghann is a better player in 2003 than she was in 2002 and she could beat Venus. It is unlikely, but possible.
and venus has stayed the same?

GrahamD
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:38 PM

Quite right. The arrogance of these Williams fans disgusts me. :fiery: Talk about it IF she beats Meghann, NOT as if it is a foregone conclusion :mad: Try showing some respect for once :fiery: How would you like it if others started talking about a Shaughnessy v Capriati QF? No-one would do that because it's disrespectful, irregardless of how likely or unlikely it is. :fiery: :fiery:

Serendy Willick
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:43 PM
People upsets have being happening at this tourney, hello Momo just got smacked by Rubin and she won her last match 6-2, 6-0. When Meghanns serve and forehand are on, she can cause problems. Please wait until your favorite wins the match before making predictions into the next round geez. :mad:

tennisIlove09
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:07 AM
Should Venus advance....

My prediction:
Venus def. Jennifer 62 64

Should Meghann advance....

My prediction
Jennifer def. Meghann 63 46 62

1jackson2001
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:53 AM
I pick Venus in two sets..if she can get past Meghann.

Mikey
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:56 AM
I just want to say HA for being so arrogant as to post this before venus even plays her round of 16 match.

Neither is the answer to this poll - Meghann will win.

Next time, try to be more considerate :rolleyes:

Crazy Canuck
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:58 AM
Is dlandy22 even a Williams fan? Judging by that huge assed signature, I'm thinking not.

But hey, lets just blame the Williams fans anyhow! How arrogant of them to PM him and tell him to post this!

mboyle
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:13 AM
YAY!!!! NO WILLIAMS vs. WILLIAMS!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: meghan you ROCK! :kiss: :hearts: :worship: However, I want Jenny to beat Serena, so I am gonna have to go with my girl from the block:sad: . However, it would be absolute bliss if you beat Serena too, so I don't really care:wavey: . You go girl! :worship: :devil:

yukon145
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:16 AM
Someone better fix the poll!

GrahamD
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:22 AM
The silence is deafening. Maybe that's because you're all choking on your words!!

Bye Bye Venus :wavey: :D

Crazy Canuck
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:25 AM
I wonder if anybody is going to apologize for accusing the "Williams fans" for this poll or not?

Mikey
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Is dlandy22 even a Williams fan? Judging by that huge assed signature, I'm thinking not.

But hey, lets just blame the Williams fans anyhow! How arrogant of them to PM him and tell him to post this!
This is had nothing to do w/ dlandy. This was directed at all of the people who posted that Venus will win this match (or Jennifer for that matter) or even voted on the poll itself.

And I wasn't attacking him for being a Williams fan, I was saying that it was absolutely absurd to post something like this when it hasn't even been set up - makes you eat your words sometimes.

Mikey
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:26 AM
I wonder if anybody is going to apologize for accusing the "Williams fans" for this poll or not?
I'll apologize for accusing the Williams fans, because if that's how I came off, then I admit, it wasn't my intention at all.

1jackson2001
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:28 AM
Better change this to a Meghann v. Jen poll. :o

Crazy Canuck
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:28 AM
Mikey - apologies, I wasn't directing that at you. I was directing it at whoever said "Williams fans" because I'm far to lazy to scroll up and find out who that was ;)

Burberry
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:29 AM
Yeah... Gotta change Jen's opponent name in the QF match now... it is

MEGHANN SHAUGHNESSY!!!! :)

Mikey
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:30 AM
Mikey - apologies, I wasn't directing that at you. I was directing it at whoever said "Williams fans" because I'm far to lazy to scroll up and find out who that was ;)
lol - that's ok Becca ;) - now I can stop haunting this thread :p

:wavey:

disposablehero
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:32 AM
I'd say right now Jennifer's chances are better.

sperosgeorgejr
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Who's gonna take it??? (assuming it happens...which it probably will)

Jumped the gun, dlandy22?

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:58 AM
everyone, i am sorry...LOL...meghann props to you, u proved my ass wrong...

Tratree
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:28 AM
well....dammit. No Jen/Venus matchup after all :(

Congrats to Meghann though :)

E. Blackadder
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Glad Meghann showed those williams fans :D