PDA

View Full Version : Monday Miami Day report

Mark43
Mar 24th, 2003, 08:21 PM
I got to the stadium just in time to see Amelie get massacred by Chanda. This was a case of polar opposites. Chanda was on fire, Amelie cold as a wet fish. Chanda was smacking the ines with her forehand and Amelie seemed nervous and out of it. Perhaps she is fighting one of the viruses that seem to be going around, or it was just her off day. At one point is was 6-0, 3-0 for Chanda and I really felt sorry for Amelie. I was hoping for Am to win but it was not her day. I really like Chanda as well, so kudos to her. Also Amelie has an amazing body, up close and in person. Wow. With an athletic bod like that there is no reason she cannot challenge V+S for the top spot. She needs to get her head together.

Next up was the reason I came and volunteered to usher yet again on my day off...Miss Jennifer Capriati. I am not sure if this match was on ESPN today, but Jen was smoking! Her service, forehand and down the line backhand seemed to be in top order. Poor Sarah Taylor, she was out of her league. Jen was up 5-0 in the first set and I realized that since being down 5-6 in the first set of yesterday's match, she had won 12 games in a row. luckily, Sarah managed a game at that point and that was about it. In the final game Jen creamed 3 aces! I have not seen the stats but I think she hit around 6 aces total and her serve was much more confident overall. I think she is now ready to meet Venus. Go Jen.

Agassi was next up and he was at the top of his game. I left a few games into the second set to come home and take a shower before heading back to work the night shift. Agassi was laser like in his precision. He had a slight hiccup in serving out the set, but it was a foregone conclusion that he would be the easy winner. Frankly I just occupied myself by looking for Steffi. I was in the handicap box next to the player's box and Heidi Graf was right in front of me (with Darren Cahill), but no Steffi. Damn!

I know some people asked for me to take some pics of Anna K and Elena. Well when I arrived at the park I got in a few pics of everyones favorite playa of all time...yes, that's right...Yvengeny Kaflenikov!

And then my batteries died again.

Sorry guys. On my way out I saw the last game of the Henin/Weingartner match. Henin is quite a sight in person. Very slight with an incredible backhand that comes out of nowhere. Wow.

Mark43
Mar 24th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Here are the very much in demand Kalfelnikov pics. Enjoy.

c2
Mar 24th, 2003, 08:29 PM
no no NO! NO KAFELNIKOV!! I want CAPRIATI! ;) :wavey:

auntie janie
Mar 24th, 2003, 08:34 PM
LOL! Mark you are hilarious. I wish you could go to every toruanment all year long & treat us to your reports. :hearts:

That goes for lokon and Daniel, too. You guys are adding a new dimension of fun to this tournament and I thank you form the bottoom of my heart! :hearts: :hearts:

Mark43
Mar 24th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Thanks Janie, I appreciate it!

c2, i was working the Capriati match and I am not allowed to take pictures. Stoopid, stoopid rule!

Sorry. jen looked great, take my word.

irma
Mar 24th, 2003, 08:50 PM
mark if you want to see steffi forget about the playersbox. she stopped sitting there when Jaden was born;)

nikita771
Mar 24th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the report and thanks for the pics of Kafelnikov. I love that guy :hearts:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 24th, 2003, 08:53 PM
thanx for the Zhenya pics :)

jmp
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the report and pictures!

tennischick
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Steffi tends to hide out in the rafters. you will need a zoom lens to catch sight of the Elusive One. but i hope you get to take her pix!

and thanks as ever for the report...:)

Jericho
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:09 AM
I am not sure if this match was on ESPN today, but Jen was smoking!

:eek: i thought you meant that literally, :o