PDA

View Full Version : Jenn convincingly wins 6-1 6-0!

Mase
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Congrats Jenn!!!!!

JCAP
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Just watched it and was well impressed keep it Capriati and you'll have a great BDAY present ;) :p :worship:

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Congrats Jenny :-)

I'm gettin excited now.....halfway to a Cappy/Venus SHOWDOWN

(ok...melodramatic but its been forever since they played)

vaiva
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Having watched the match today, I'm still wondering how did Taylor manage to beat Anastassia and Ai?

GoDominique
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Having watched the match today, I'm still wondering how did Taylor manage to beat Anastassia and Ai?
I wondered te same thing. She was horrible. :rolleyes:

JCAP
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:24 PM
I know what you mean :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Remember it was all down to nerve's not down to the fact Jen TOTALLY out classed her :rolleyes: :p

Cariaoke
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:25 PM
damn, it was that bad? I'm glad I taped the matches today. :D

I never quite understand how people can upset two top 20 players then bow out before the QF's. *shrug*

CoryAnnAvants#1
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:27 PM
I think Taylor was nervous. This was the biggest match of her career, she had never played in front of a crowd that large (I'm guessing this was about 3,000 people, way bigger than what she has experienced), and she has never played on a stadium court that big. She's been playing a lot of challengers and WTA qualifying, so this was a big change for her. I liked the fact she fought the whole way through and was trying different things. Jenn was playing very well too. In order for Sarah to break through to the top 30, she needs to work on her backhand (slices it way too much, and it's not even an aggressive slice) and serve (not a weapon at all, she just spins it in). I can see how she would give players problem when she plays well though.

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Yeah, they said she was nervous, and she hadn't played on that big a stage before....or it could just be a natural letdown after 2 big wins.

RAA
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:30 PM
agree with the above sentiments.

Jen looked good, Sarah did not..

selesfan
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Where is selerules to point out how we can't tell Jen is in form because she only beat Sarah Taylor. ;) Anyway congrats Jen.

vw43
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Didn't get a chance to see the match but congrats to Jen!

CappyMania
Mar 24th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Congrats Jen!!!! It was easy win. :bounce:

BK4ever
Mar 24th, 2003, 09:59 PM
Sarah played Jen before...last year Toronto/Montreal. I'm sure that was on center court. The problem with Sarah is that she is not aggressive at all :fiery:

No she was not at her best against players like Jen, you need to be aggressive and take chances. If she wants to stick with the slice so much then she needs to keep it lower and deeper and come in behind it. She has a nice forehand, but you would never know that from this match.

She has the same problems that most of the girls that are in the USTA Training program have...solid baseline games, but all are missing a BIG weapon and they all play passive tennis.

1jackson2001
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Congrats Jen..a spectacular display nevertheless. :D

jenny161185
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:58 PM
cant wait for the jen - venus match the way they are both playing it should be an interesting quaterfinal