PDA

View Full Version : Dokic defeats Molik - Is she back?

jd4eva
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:05 PM
An easy 6-1 6-4 victory for Jelena today :)

Is her new game finally coming together? :)

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Congrats Jelena :bounce:

Nice avatar too......she has such pretty eyes.....

Philip
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Jelena! :bounce:

I like this play much better :D Now make it to the semis and beyond! :D
congrats :)

selesfan
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:45 PM
:eek: I'm surprised at the scoreline. Not too many competitive matches today. Congrats Jelena. :)

bliss
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Jelena! this is my girl :kiss:

mauresmofan
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Good to have her back - Go Jelena (and please stop entering so many tournaments - you can't play at your peak when you're tired!)

Mattographer
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Well done, Jelena! :) I really hope she can beat Kim next! :D

Gowza
Mar 24th, 2003, 08:51 PM
i can't believe that molik just folded after such a promising week. it was still a good week but i was hoping she would win and at least put up a fight.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 24th, 2003, 09:33 PM
i can't believe that molik just folded after such a promising week. it was still a good week but i was hoping she would win and at least put up a fight.
folded? she didnt fold....she just isnt as good a player as dokic....and she was closer to winning the second set than the first so if anything she improved, she didnt fold...fold means she gave the match away....i dont think thats the case...

Havok
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:35 PM
:worship: Jelena Dokic :worship:

SM
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Youd normally expect someone like Alicia to get about 5 or 6 games off Jelena if Jelena's in form. Well done Jelena!!

I have always had a feeling she just needs one good tournament to get her act together. Im sure she'll get back some consistency now. :)

Volcana
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Molik's ranked #89.

mboyle
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:24 AM
I was there at the match, and Alicia played HORRENDUS tennis. Honestly, the lady next to me and I were trying to find patterns, and I am not kidding: Every third shot Alicia hit went out. She wasn't even hitting hard:eek: ! To make matters worse, Jelena was plaing amazing tennis. She didn't play as well in the second set, but still, she is much better without dear old dad around. Seeing how alicia played today, it makes me furious that Dani lost a set, let alone a match, to someone like that. No kidding, I could have beaten Alicia today:o . All I would have had to do is get two or three balls to her backhand:o . (it didn't seem to matter how hard Jelena hit to Molik, just so long as the balls were in) Sorry Molik fans, no hard feelings, just letting you know your girl was playing badly today:o .

caramel
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:18 AM
Congrats Jelena... I am really wondering how she will do against Kim tonight. ;)

1jackson2001
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:24 AM
Congrats Jelena...what a win! I hope you continue to get your form back! :D

Robbie.
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:42 AM
Well done Jelena :bounce: Keep it up

King Lindsay
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:32 AM
told you she would breeze past her, jd4eva! ha!

Glenn
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:37 AM
I was there at the match, and Alicia played HORRENDUS tennis. Honestly, the lady next to me and I were trying to find patterns, and I am not kidding: Every third shot Alicia hit went out. She wasn't even hitting hard:eek: ! To make matters worse, Jelena was plaing amazing tennis. She didn't play as well in the second set, but still, she is much better without dear old dad around. Seeing how alicia played today, it makes me furious that Dani lost a set, let alone a match, to someone like that. No kidding, I could have beaten Alicia today:o . All I would have had to do is get two or three balls to her backhand:o . (it didn't seem to matter how hard Jelena hit to Molik, just so long as the balls were in) Sorry Molik fans, no hard feelings, just letting you know your girl was playing badly today:o .

Oh, that explains!
Still a nice win for Jelena.
What is this new strategy she's using? I watched her play and she's still playing the same as always...

Jakeev
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Just because Alicia is having her best year so far on tour does not mean she is by any means a top-twenty calibur player.

Point is, Molik is still improving and learning how to be a winner on tour. I guarantee she will lose many more times in 2003 and probably in results like today.

Give Alicia time, I think the best of her is yet to come.

Dava
Mar 25th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Its a good result again however the next round will tell us how well she is playing at the momment.

SM
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:08 AM
true alicia will take longer to develop than someone like a dokic or kim

she played pure s+v as a junior which is something not many these days can do and will be able to counter very well because its sorare and they arent used to it :)....alicias turnes more in to a baseliner these days with a good allcourt game, ability to serve/volley and mix it up with her slice. she definately has ALOT of room to improve esp on grass which is where she beat jelena

King Aaron
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Happy that Jelena was playing good tennis. :)