PDA

View Full Version : Maindraw WCs were jokes!!!

ts323
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:44 PM
No offence to IMG, but some of their WCs were unbelievable!!! There are so many other girls that deserved it more then the ones who actually got it!!!

AjdeNate!
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Sarah Taylor made 4th round upsetting 11 Myskina & 17 Sugiyama. I would say she showed her worth. As far as the others, maybe not.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Vera Douchevina won a round as well (6-0 6-3 against Wartusch I believe). Carly Gullickson won a round too. I'm actually surprised Jamea took Cho to 6-4 in the 1st set. Good on her :)

Very very shocked about Ally Baker though. A double bagel to Garbin just should not happen :mad: :rolleyes:

BK4ever
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Ally got double bagelled by Bartoli.

ts323
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Sarah did great, im happy for her. And so did Vera. Ally is a great girl, and I'd never say that she doesn't deserve a WC, she works hard, but there are girls who did really well in the end of last year through this month, and I think they deserved it more. Jamea played two $10K in the beginning of the year and lost in 1st rounds, or maybe even in quali rounds. Again, shes a hard worker, tries her best, but I dont think it is fare to put out there girls that are not reasy instead of others who need a brake very badly. Sadly, tennis becomes all about politics and IMG favorites, which I believe is wrong.