PDA

View Full Version : Nasdaq Sunday Report/Hanging with Richard + Moesha

Mark43
Mar 24th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Guess who walked right into my mobilty impaired box tonight? Mr. Richard Williams! And since the box only has 4 seats and it very comfy, guess who walked right up to him and struck up a nice little conversation? Well, lil'ole me, of course! Richard walked into my booth as Serena and Panova were warming up. He was very nice, polite AND normal. I think the way he comes across on tv is an act. I talked to him for a good few minutes and he was very lively. He said Panova was a good scrambler and i said she reminded me of an even smaller Coetzer. He agreed and said Serena has to look out for the fast retrievers, as they try her patience. Richard was eating his dinner so I let him finish and just as the match started he got up, patted me on the shoulder and said good night.

A few minutes later i began scoping out the crowd since my box was connected to the player's friends seats. Well, in Serena's box was a man carrying two small dogs. One looked like a Jack Rusell and the other I am not sure. I was laughing. I got to see serena's dogs. Haha. A few seats over from the pups was none other than Brandy of Moesha fame sitting with her husband. After the match finished, word got out that Moesha was in the house and she ran for the stairs. I almost followed to get an autograph, but that is forbiden for volunteers.
Whatever.

Now the matches. I saw JenCap during the day session and she was spotty. I was down in the boxes today and she definetly has a little tummy. I love Jen, she is my absolute fave...but I am realistic. She needs to be in peak form to challenge S+V. Luckily Jen pulled out the stops in the second set and beat Granville 7-6, 6-0. Yay!

I only saw 3 points of the Venus match, as it started to pour and I hit the road to shower before working the night session. When I got home ESPN2 was showing the Jen match and it struck me how funny it was seeing something on tv in my living room that I had just seen up close, in person just an hour before. Here is the diference between tv and real life...it is so much more exciting to see it in person. It becomes a collective experience. You all gasp at once and lean closer to the court during a thrilling rally. You see just how fast the ball is traveling and you cannot help but Ooh and Ahh! Watching at home on tv has it's positives, but it is an isolating experience. It's hard to describe.

After the shower (and the rain storm that hit Miami) i headed back to the stadium for the Serena/Tatiana match-up. Or should i say mis-match up. Serena killed her 2 and 1.

55 mintues and we're all done.

Watching the Serena power up close is a thrill. I kept thinking here is the woman who owns all 4 grand slams and she is about 30 feet away from me.

Next up was A-Rod-N-Todd. I was certain that Andy would take this match from the geezer Martin. One of the people sitting next to me blurted out, "jeez Todd Martin looks fifty years old!" I kinda had to agree. Somehow he dug deep and stayed with Andy shot for shot. Martin got a break early in the match and Andy broke back towards the end of the set. The tie break was all Martin and A-Rod looked a little dejected. His coach, Benihabiles(?), was sitting right in front of me and Andy would look up at him after every point. That freaked me out. Why does looking at someone help you? Also when he would look at him I was in his line of vision so it seemed Andy was looking at me and I wanted to wave and scream Hey Rod!

Martin got another break in the second and did a nice job of protecting his serve to close the match 7-6, 6-4.

Sorry no pictures. I forgot my digital camera.

I am so exhausted. It's so much fun to be exhausted from seeing amazing tennis (and hanging with Richard and Moesha!). :drool:

Up tomorrow are my beloved jenCap, Amelie, Andre, Venus, Serena and Federer. What a day! better get some rest.

:wavey:

Yak
Mar 24th, 2003, 04:39 AM
Thanks for another enjoyable report :kiss:

Could you take some pics of Anna and Elena playing doubles please! Thanks :kiss:

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Thanks for another enjoyable report :kiss:

Could you take some pics of Anna and Elena playing doubles please! Thanks :kiss:
I was about to ask that question :D

please mark...u dont have to watch them, but PLEASE get just one good pic....:):wavey:

Nina_rus
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:39 AM
thank you very much :D

if you have a chance, would you please take a pic of Roger :angel:

King Aaron
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Thank you Mark. :) If it's possible, a little report on Jelena would be nice. ;)

bis2806
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:26 PM
geez you're so lucky to have gotten good seats... how much did it cost you???

Mark43
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:16 PM
When are Anna and Elena playing? I am working the stadium tonight and will probably be camping out there in about an hour to see Amelie/Chanda followed by Jen, Andre and Serena.

I will try to sneak a few pics in. Ushers are not supposed to take pictures. They treat their volunteers like actual paid workers, with more rules and regulations than you can keep track of. I think they lost track of the fact that EVERYONE is volunteering because they love tennis, not because it is a thrill to tell someone where their seat is!

Mark43
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention how wierd Andy Roddick looks right before he hits his serve. Just as he is starting his service motion he crouches forward and sticks his ass in the air. It is hard to describe, but I was laughing because it looks exactly like my toddler nephew when he hides in the corner and takes a dump in his diapers. My nephew always looks a little emabrrassed, but I don't think A-Rod can tell he is doing the baby poo crouch. :eek:

Eeek! But all too true!

vaiva
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Thanks for report!
LMAO @ A-Rod servise description. Nice comparison :D

Yak
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:56 PM
I think Anna/Elena play third on court 2

King Aaron
Mar 24th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Can you please see a few games of Jelena vs. Alicia? They're on Court 2.

RogiFan
Mar 24th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention how wierd Andy Roddick looks right before he hits his serve. Just as he is starting his service motion he crouches forward and sticks his ass in the air. It is hard to describe, but I was laughing because it looks exactly like my toddler nephew when he hides in the corner and takes a dump in his diapers. My nephew always looks a little emabrrassed, but I don't think A-Rod can tell he is doing the baby poo crouch. :eek:

Eeek! But all too true!

So accurate a description!!

Yes, pls, take some pix of ROGI for us, thank you!

Great reports btw! ;)

Rae Q.
Mar 24th, 2003, 04:52 PM
That's awesome that Brandy's still tight with Serena and Venus. Totally cool report! :)

butch
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Nobody seems to have watched Coetzer's match....