1 KIM CLIJSTERS 1646.00 5
2 SERENA WILLIAMS 1332.00 2
3 LINDSAY DAVENPORT 1059.00 5
4 VENUS WILLIAMS 1029.00 2
5 JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE 1015.00 4
6 AMANDA COETZER 693.00 6
7 AI SUGIYAMA 680.00 8
8 MEGHANN SHAUGHNESSY 624.00 6

Heh Clijsters is #1 right now with 5 tournaments..
Davenport is number 3 with 5 tournaments
Serena is 2 with 2
Venus is 4 with 2 =D
if Ai Shaughnessy and Coetzer keep up their form they will make the season ends...do you think any of them are a possibility by the end of the year?

DOUBLES
1 KIM CLIJSTERS - / AI SUGIYAMA - 1153.00 5
2 LINDSAY DAVENPORT - / LISA RAYMOND - 1107.00 5
3 VENUS WILLIAMS - / SERENA WILLIAMS - 836.00 1
4 VIRGINIA RUANO PASCUAL - / PAOLA SUAREZ - 646.00 2
5 CARA BLACK - / ELENA LIKHOVTSEVA - 634.00 7
6 EMMANUELLE GAGLIARDI - / PETRA MANDULA - 502.00 2
7 SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA - / MARTINA NAVRATILOVA - 481.00 4
8 NATHALIE DECHY - / EMILIE LOIT - 439.00 5
9 ELENA BOVINA - / RENNAE STUBBS - 415.00 2
10 JANET LEE - / WYNNE PRAKUSYA - 320.00 5

Hmm...Remember only the top 4 are gonna make it this year for double... Clijsters/Sugiyama (my new favorite doubles team) are number 1! Do you think they will keep it until the year ends? No doubt that they will be making it even if not number 1. Suarez and Pascual are shoe-ins also, we know the Williams won't be there (unless they play all four grand slams, which that alone would be enough to get THEM in) I'm looking MN/SK and hoping they can climb up and crawl in the #4 spot, as I do see Raymond/Davenport keeping a place in the top 4 also...anyone think any othe rteam has a chance to make this list by the year end?

geewhiz
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:22 AM
if Ai Shaughnessy and Coetzer keep up their form they will make the season ends...do you think any of them are a possibility by the end of the year?

I'd be surprise if Ai, Meghann or Amanda finish in the top 8. I'd expect Jenn, Monica, Daniela, maybe even Elena B, Anastasia, Chanda, Jelena D to be the ones in contention for the final three spots. It's a little to early in the season to judge though, we still have 3 slams to go and they are worth many points.

anyone think any othe rteam has a chance to make this list by the year end?

I'd say Bovina / Stubbs have a shot (even after today :( ), they haven't played that many tourmaments together but if they play the rest of the season together they should have a chance. My picks would be any 4 out of Clijsters / Sugiyama, Davenport / Raymond, Ruano-Pascual / Suarez, Bovina / Stubbs and Williams / Williams, with Kuznetsova / Navratilova and Black / Likhovtseva having a chance. But like in the singles, it's a little early to tell.

Rtael
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:02 AM
I love all the replies I got =)

~|Naomi|~
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:54 AM
Okay going out on alimb and picking just 4 teams, I won't sit on hte fence ;)

Ruano Pascual/Suarez
Kim/Ai
Davenport/Raymond
Williams/Williams - I think they will win another slam

SerenaSlam
Mar 24th, 2003, 04:34 AM
the thing is, if you don't get in, your pts will be gone, sad for jennifer. I think mauresmo, chanda, and even hantuchova (even though she is just completely off) jennifer could be out of the champs, She could make top 8, but she just might be number 7 or 8. But I say it looks like this when the tournie comes

Serena
Venus
Kim
Lindsay
Justine
Mauremo
Chanda
Jennifer/hantuchova/seles..there will be a battle

And for the doubles. I think the sisters will continue to play in the slams w/ that said, they have a good chance to win the slam in doubles. I think that would assure them a spot. If they play the slams and win 1 or 2 more, they have a spot there.
my pics:

Kim/Ai
Lindsay/Rene
Virginia/Paula
Serena/Venus...but they might be 1 or 2 seed

joao
Mar 24th, 2003, 04:45 AM
There's no way Coetzer, Sugyiama and Shaughnessy will end the year top8! Two of them were never even top10 and Coetzer ... well, we're talking about a 30+ years old woman! :)

But I agree with your top5 though ...

luv-ya
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:28 PM
dot worry, when the 17 best tournaments come together,
Ai and Amanda will be out of there soon...:)