PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or... Lindsay alway talk well about other players but the others...

joaco
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:26 AM
not so much about her. I ALWAYS read her interviews and she's always asked about other players or just start talking about them and she really says very nice, classy things about hem. Weather it was Kim last week, or Lisa, Serena (a few months ago talking about her being a tiger), Venus, Capriati's good run at grand slams or Justine or Momo's backhand... In 2001, the last two tournaments finals she played against Dokic and in the first one she forgot to congratulate (on the mic.) Jelena on the great week she'd had and in the next tournament (Linz) she said she had been rude for not congratulating Jelena the previous week and she did it again.

I don't really hear any other player complement her much as she does to them. Not that it is necesary but it's always nice to hear good things coming from other people. That's what makes Lindsay such a great, special person, always talking about the positive side of the other players.

I did not get to watch last week award ceremony speeches, But I heard Kim said some really nice things about Lindsay....Is it only my impression, or everyone else thinks different?

Joaco

selesfan
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Kim and Monica always say nice things about Lindsay.

joaco
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:30 AM
that is true, Monica and Kim always tend to talk nice about Lindsay

disposablehero
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Kim and Monica always say nice things about Lindsay Everyone.

:hearts:

Mikey
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:47 AM
This is definitely one of her positives - and one of the things that make her such a great person on top of her ability to play tennis.

I don't think "selfless" is the right word because it implies that she's giving things away, but the connotation is what I'm going for - she is certainly the opposite of self-centered.

I never figured out why no one ever wants to hear what she has to say about herself. Yes, she's not comfortable in the spotlight; yes, she doesn't like being in front of the cameras for so long; and yes, she's not into the whole "here's why I'm so great" scene, but you would think that she might be asked occassionally.

One of my favorite things that I've read about her is in that Venus Envy book where it describes the trophy thing they do on the boat for the winners of the Australian Open and just the whole thing about she almost knocked the rower overboard when he threatened to go around a second time :p ;)

ksgyh
Mar 24th, 2003, 04:49 AM
What has been so impressive about Lindsay is her graciousness, maturity and act of classiness from the very beginning. Same can be said for Monica and Kim. I think the list ends there, sadly. All 3 of these very successful players have always been respectful of other players, whether they were on their way to being on the top or already there. I'm not as familiar with Lindsay, but I do know that Monica refuses to comment on other players, to reveal their weaknesses, to say anything remotely negative about them. And I cannot say enough about how proud I am of the way Kim is handling her young budding tennis career. Being able to remain a kid in having fun and being so composed at the same time is something all the rest of the teenagers need to emulate.

vs1
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:35 AM
This is also something that I admire about Venus and Serena. They always are gracious to their opponents and other players. Even when reporters are asking them antagonistic questions, they manage to avoid the bait.

I like how Lindsay is candid and gracious as well. It's the sign of a true champ! :D

tennnisfannn
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Personally, i find that venus and serena say very nice things about ALL players even when some of those players say not so nice things about each them! It is so much easier to say to say nice things about people who say the same things back (hingis and jen were forever complementing each other) No one ever says nasty or makes snide remarks about Kim or lindsay or monica. This is what puts Venus and Serena in a class above everyone else. They always choose the high road and that ain't easy!