PDA

View Full Version : Serena defeats Panova 6-2, 6-1!!!

brickhousesupporter
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:22 AM
I hope this means that she is feeling better.

Go Serena :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:24 AM
YEAH SERENA!!! :bounce:

selesfan
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Congrats Serena! :bounce: :bounce:

BK4ever
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:28 AM
Check out the stats...they are fucking amazing :D

Big test in her next matchup, she will have to be on her toes from beginning to end.

It was in Miami that they played for the first time and Iri took the first set before Serena stormed back to take the match.

Then again, Serena just beat her at Hopman Cup

Good Luck Serena :)

brickhousesupporter
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:46 AM
Match Summary Williams Panova
1st Serve % 70% 58%
Aces 12 1
Double Faults 0 7
Winning % - 1st Serve Pts. 22 of 30 = 73% 14 of 25 = 56%
Winning % - 2nd Serve Pts. 11 of 13 = 85% 6 of 18 = 33%
Winners (Including Service) 24 6
Unforced Errors 17 17
Break Point Conversions 4 of 4 = 100 % 0 of 0 = 0 %
Net Approaches 8 of 10 = 80 % 2 of 3 = 67 %
Total Points Won 56 30
Fastest Match Serve Speed 114 MPH 93 MPH
Average Match Serve Speed 97 MPH 89 MPH

Venus Forever
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:49 AM
Great Job Princess!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Panova had an ace, and her fastest serve was only 93 MPH!!:eek::eek:

harloo
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:09 AM
hope she's feeling better. Good luck babygirl for the rest of the tournament!

Rocketta
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Daayumm 12 aces??? Go girl! I hope she didn't use up all her good play. :)

Dawn Marie
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:13 AM
WOW! THESE STATS ARE AMAZING!! DAYUM.

U GO GURL!! :worship: :bounce: :wavey:

Ryan
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:17 AM
OMG @ the 12 aces. :eek: That means half of her total winners were aces. :eek: Well done Serena.

selesrules
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:21 AM
let's remember that it's PANOVA that Serena beat. This is a cheap version of Coetzer. She has a very weak serve, no power, etc. So it's expected that Serena would crush her and in my opinion it doesn't tell us if Serena's form is good or bad. Who does Serena play next?

Seenus
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:31 AM
let's remember that it's PANOVA that Serena beat. This is a cheap version of Coetzer. She has a very weak serve, no power, etc. So it's expected that Serena would crush her and in my opinion it doesn't tell us if Serena's form is good or bad. Who does Serena play next?
Good enough!

Yak
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:32 AM

You are talking about the Panova that beat Jennifer in Sydney! She has a week serve that is always well placed, she has a fantastic backhands, she hits drop shot, slice and she is quick has hell! Your comments on her were really ''cheat'' to use one of your word! That was really, really, really disrespectful!

G_Slammed
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:45 AM
Selesrules is doggin' Panova so cause he's sadden to know that M. Seles ain't long for that rocking chair, bless her heart.

Mad at the world.

BasicTennis
Mar 24th, 2003, 04:37 AM
well done!!!!

display your shock & awe performance up to the finals!!!!:bounce:

vs1
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:39 AM
Congratulations Babygirl! You did awesome and I know that you're still getting warmed up and recovering from the virus. Keep storming all the way to the finals!!! :bounce:

persond
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:48 AM
Exactly what you'd expect from Selesrules...!!!! That lil plucker still has a "burr" up his azz...!!!

Go Serena...!!!

Go Venus...!!!

tennisIlove09
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Not too surprised [considering it's Panova--would have been more concerned about Serena if she lost more then 2 games a set]

great job Serena

Dava
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:26 AM
A really good win, against a tricky opponent, its good to see that Serena is feeling better!

1jackson2001
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Congrats Serena...well done!

azinna
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Yes, it was Panova, not Henin, not JenCap, but Rena is not Hingis either. Over the past year, whenever she's put in performances of this calibre in the early rounds, it's been as close as her colleagues have ever gotten to a death knell.

I'm afraid the WTA's (and my) only hope is Venus, who I'm sure still has privileged access to Rena's food.

selesrules
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Not too surprised [considering it's Panova--would have been more concerned about Serena if she lost more then 2 games a set]

Wow, how come nobody is bashing you and insulting you even though you said the same thing as me. :rolleyes:

Sammm
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Selesrules:

Your comments about Tatiana Panova were rude. She's accomplished more than you'll ever achieve and she is not a weak version of Coetzer.
She has ,in fact, twice beaten Coetzer and does have power. She is more than a ball retriving machine.
At least she actually turns up to the tournaments she has commited to. Unlike someone we know.

IDIOT

MarcusRock
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Wow, how come nobody is bashing you and insulting you even though you said the same thing as me. :rolleyes:Maybe it's because you're a notorious dipsh*t when it comes to the Williams, eh? What did I tell you before about having a bad reputation for such things? Your works do follow you.

selesfan
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:58 PM

:rolleyes: Why do you have to be such a downer, Panova is a very good player and Serena had to be on her toes to beat her. Serena has had a very tricky draw and so far she has passed with flying colors.

selesrules
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:04 PM
YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT, SO I'LL CHANGE MY POST:

WOW!!!! SERENA BEAT PANOVA 6-2, 6-1!!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!! SERENA MUST BE IN EXCELLENT FORM!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT EVERY TOP PLAYER OUT THERE HAS CRUSHED PANOVA MANY TIMES. I THINK THAT THIS TELLS A LOT ABOUT SERENA'S FORM. WOW SERENA, I'M STUNNED :eek:

Cariaoke
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:15 PM
anyway...

great stats Serena. :kiss: Glad you're feeling better. :D

Sammm
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Yak
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:02 PM
oh god, you are dumb..

Sammm
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Me!!!??

Yak
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Me!!!??

Of course not! I'm talking about selesrules...

Serendy Willick
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:11 PM
I dont care if its Panova or my dog. 12 aces, and over 70% first and second serve percentage= good play, by anyone. If it was Monica or Kim you would be yelling talking about how in "scitilating" form they are in :(

Leena
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:13 PM
I agree with selesrules...

Even though Tatiana has been in the 20's, she has a game that gives the upper echilon of players little trouble. Yes, she beat Jennifer this year, but the majority of the time she gets spanked by the top players.

If Serena can put up the same stats against an in-form Iroda... then I'll take notice.

Sammm
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Oh, good, you weren't talking about me!!

selesfan
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:11 PM
I dont care if its Panova or my dog. 12 aces, and over 70% first and second serve percentage= good play, by anyone. If it was Monica or Kim you would be yelling talking about how in "scitilating" form they are in :(

I'm sure none of these losers will comment when Jen easily beats Sarah Taylor. ;)