PDA

View Full Version : Dokic v Molik!

Mattographer
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:06 AM
Alicia Molik just beat Elena Likhovtseva in straight sets today and will play Jelena Dokic next! :eek:

Bероника
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:09 AM
Go Alicia!!!

BK4ever
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:10 AM
love em both but Alicia needs the points more

selesfan
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:10 AM
I'm hoping Alicia can win this one. Go Alicia. :bounce:

Leena
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:11 AM
Go Alicia!

Tall girlies r0x0rz. :)

Mattographer
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:15 AM
love em both but Alicia needs the points more
Yeah, me too! I like them both but I would love to see Alicia creaking into the Top 50! ;)

Gowza
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:19 AM
they've played each other once and it was in 2001 on grass and molik won in 3 sets. grass seems to be jelena's best surface so molik should have a chance in this match.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:20 AM
Go Jelena!!! Crush Her!!!!

BK4ever
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Alicia will have to serve big and come to net. The key is to frustrate Dokic...don't rally with her and let her get any momentum on her ground game.

Do your best Alicia.

SuperG
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:27 AM
The key is to frustrate Dokic...

well, thats true. But there are only 5 girls on the tour who do have the key to frustrate her. The sisters, Clijsters and Davenport! And most of all, and lately she got really really got at it: Jelena herself!

If Jelena doesnt frustrate herself, there is no way Molik can do it.

you are talking about a player outside the top50 challenging a top 10er!

Mattographer
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:37 AM
Alicia Molik beat Daniela Hantuchova ranked Top 10 twice. I believe Alicia Molik would beat Lindsay Davenport at the Australian Open if she didn't twisted her ankle during against Iroda Tulyaganova!

~|Naomi|~
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:14 AM
I would love to see Alicia creaking into the Top 50!

How far off the top 50 is she points wise?

I really hope Alcia wins she deserves it Good Luck Alicia :bounce:

xan
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:08 AM
Jelena is vulnerable to a big server. Alicia has a chance here.

Havok
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:32 AM
COME ON JELENA:D:D:D:D:D:D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Leena
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:35 AM
How far off the top 50 is she points wise?

I really hope Alcia wins she deserves it Good Luck Alicia :bounce:
A long way off... I think she's still in the 80's. That would put her at least 300 points away.

Mattographer
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:39 AM
If Alicia Molik beat Jelena Dokic tomorrow or so... she will be second Australian player to reach the Quarterfinals here since Rachel McQuillan in 1995 where she beat Lindsay Davenport ranked 9 at the time.

Mattographer
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:41 AM
Wait! It could be another coincidence? Rachel McQuillan beat Lindsay Davenport was her first won over Top 10ers so is Alicia Molik as well! :eek: The Hopman Cup was not count because it's an ITF event.

Gowza
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:43 AM
her rank doesn't matter at the moment. all that matters is that she is facing dokic in the 4th round of miami and she has beaten a top 10 player to get there.

she was playing like a top 30 player maybe even top 20 player before she got injured and it looks like she is continuing the good form.

when dokic lost to her in 2001 it was around the time that dokic was really making her mark on the tour so unless she got ill or injured i can't find a reason why dokic would have lost besides molik playing better and dokic was in-form at that time so molik is capable of playing really high level tennis. there are a few questions. is dokic playing better than in 2001? is dokic actually back or will she play poorly? and if dokic is playing better tennis than in 2001, can molik play at dokic's current standard?

Gowza
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:44 AM
AlexSydney, molik beat hantuchova in round 2 here the other day. she already has her first top 10 scalp.

switz
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:46 AM
well, thats true. But there are only 5 girls on the tour who do have the key to frustrate her. The sisters, Clijsters and Davenport! And most of all, and lately she got really really got at it: Jelena herself!

If Jelena doesnt frustrate herself, there is no way Molik can do it.

you are talking about a player outside the top50 challenging a top 10er!

babara rittner was not a top 50er and she certainly did not have too many troubles against a top 10er. daniela hatunchova is a top 10er and molik beat her and another top 30 player. i don't really care who wins but i you are foolish to underestimate molik the way she is playing,, especially considering this is her first tournament since her injury at the australian open. remember molik has lost one match all year and that was to serena.

kell
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:54 AM
AlexSydney, molik beat hantuchova in round 2 here the other day. she already has her first top 10 scalp.

Just goes to show it was no fluke. That girl really belongs in the top 20. In the next few years she'll be there unless something goes incredibly wrong.

Go Alicia!

TS
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:19 AM
For those that were talking about rankings before, Alicia has already cracked the top 50 (47 in 2001) so no pressure there. She'll make it again too, doesn't matter when.

She's got a great shot at Jelena, don't nderestimate her...but again, nothing to lose. Just the way she likes it! Go girl :)

vs1
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:27 AM
I'm SO proud of Alicia this year. She is living up to her great potential. She's already done extremely well at this tourney. I was on edge during her first set tiebreak today and as soon as she won, I knew she was going to pull out the win!!

GO ALICIA! Show Jelena some sterling tennis tomorrow! And keep going on and on and on!!!! :D

Wojtek
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:26 AM
Go Jelena !!!!

Dava
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:28 AM
Well I would expect that Jelena would win, but from the results so far this year it would be hard to predicit how Jelena is going to play, I am not even going to specualte over the result of this one.

King Aaron
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:01 PM
babara rittner was not a top 50er and she certainly did not have too many troubles against a top 10er. daniela hatunchova is a top 10er and molik beat her and another top 30 player. i don't really care who wins but i you are foolish to underestimate molik the way she is playing,, especially considering this is her first tournament since her injury at the australian open. remember molik has lost one match all year and that was to serena.
No, Alicia lost a match in a Challenger tournament prior to Miami.

Cariaoke
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Go Alicia! You beat her in '01 in B'ham on Grass 4-6 6-3 6-3, so run her down in this match. :bounce: