PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Dokic loves to frontrun.

LozHippy
Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:54 PM
The 1st set is very often the clincher in her matches.

2003 singles matches where Jelena won the 1st set : 4-0
2003 singles matches where Jelena lost the 1st set : 0-5
Junior singles career record in matches where she won the 1st set : 65-0

bmxbandit
Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:58 PM
65-0?

Wow!!!

ßcoene
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:01 AM
65-0, that indeed a :eek: number

Mattographer
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Jelena Dokic was #1 in the Juniors in 1998 ;)

Seles_Beckham
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:20 AM
She always said that it is importnat for her to win the first set. She feels better and more secure.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:21 AM
JELENA :hearts:

Berlin_Calling
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:36 AM
Jelena HAS to win the first set to win a match. If she loses the first set closely, she just gives up, exampled in her match last year against Serena in LA :o:rolleyes:

LozHippy
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:40 AM
Jelena HAS to win the first set to win a match. If she loses the first set closely, she just gives up, exampled in her match last year against Serena in LA :o:rolleyes:

Ah yes when she had a broken ankle :rolleyes:

Havok
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:53 AM
ok you werido, she had lots of matches last year where she came back and won, and she did it in style. she had a bout 10-15 turn-around matches where she loses the 1st set, wins the 2nd in a close race, and runs away with the match in the 3rd. she did this a lot. against kournikova, stevenson, martinez, dementieva, etc.

~RedRose~
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:07 AM

hehe .... stupid idiot :rolleyes: u can't really play ur best with an injured ankle ....

BasicTennis
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:10 AM
Jelena always feels injured when she is losing a match.:o

~RedRose~
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:15 AM
is that why she had to withdraw from the Collins cup .... because she was fakin an injury??

BasicTennis
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:17 AM
is that why she had to withdraw from the Collins cup .... because she was fakin an injury??

Sadam can answer for her. :worship:

~RedRose~
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:19 AM
haha that makes sense ...

SM
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:47 AM
her intensity is GREAT among the best when she starts well, but needs to ensure she's also intense when things arent going as planned.

it will come with time

Berlin_Calling
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:58 PM
o, pulleeze, stop with the broken ankle.

If Jelena had a 'broken ankle', she wouldnt even have come on court to play, or she couldnt have come on to court to play rather. A player can't play a match with a severe sprain (which I experienced firsthandedly), let alone a 'broken ankle' :rolleyes:.

But if that ankle was that bad, she would have retired during that match, instead of humiliating herself like that. But it doesn't matter because its skeptical how a player can play such a wonderful first set and then play a shitty second minutes later, all because of a 'broken ankle.' I don't think she hurt it during the changeover between sets, do u?
But dont think of me as such a negative person who likes to bash certain players cause im not. I was actually rooting for Jelena in that match against Serena but was dissapointed when she just didnt try in the latter stages of the match.

SuperG
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:48 PM
But if that ankle was that bad, she would have retired during that match, instead of humiliating herself like that.

like vs. Kim Clijsters at Hamburg where even the Doctor told her to stop, but she went back on court, crying because of pain, until she could not move anymore........

if there is one player on the tour who would never ever fake a injury, her name is Jelena Dokic!

~RedRose~
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:00 AM
hehe ... good one superG .... our girl is a bit dissabediant but she neva fakes an injury ... ;)

~RedRose~
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:01 AM
Meanwhile her front running had continued. 5-0 of matches where 1st set is one, and 0-5 where first set is lost. :)

BasicTennis
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:10 AM
like vs. Kim Clijsters at Hamburg where even the Doctor told her to stop, but she went back on court, crying because of pain, until she could not move anymore........

if there is one player on the tour who would never ever fake a injury, her name is Jelena Dokic!

i would like to believe but changed my mind when I saw your avatar. :worship:

dubro
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:58 AM
jelena never faked an injury

...how can u think she want fake it when 5-2- over cow-rena?? i guess jele shold prefer beat rena than appear injured. wich should the sense??

who think so is a moron :o
and remember that simulate injuries is the williams borother's speciality!

cya :wavey:

I LOVE JELENA

Philip
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:08 PM
and if she does find herself losing the first set... all she has to think about is the match against elena dementieva at amelia last year.... 0-6 7-6 6-2 :D

so all is not lost (or won) with the 1st set :)