PDA

View Full Version : Was it just me or...

ktwtennis
Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:51 PM
were the stands pretty empty when VENUS was playing? I didn't see any Williams fans writing this this week after they bashed the rest of the tour last week...

Simplify
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Just a guess, but it could be because of the rain.

Meesh
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:03 AM
ESPN showed the stadium and it was raining pretty bad for a good hour or more. I don't think many people returned. It didn't look like it was going to let up at all! ESPN also cut off the match at 5:00! No bonus coverage today! :mad:

G_Slammed
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:08 AM
.. oh well.. you tried ktwtennis ..

Simplify
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:10 AM
I bet that rain has REALLY made it more humid there! Yuck!

Mikey
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:13 AM
.. oh well.. you tried ktwtennis ..
Oh good one :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

VeniVididVicious
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:15 AM
For as much as they are known by casual fans, they rarely fill up the stadiums. When Hingis used to play, her early matches were always packed, even if her name recognition among US fans wasn't as high as Venus' or Serena's.

Dawn Marie
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:23 AM
As long as Venus and Serena are ACTIVE on the tour I am fine with seats and people.

Jordan.
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:24 AM
:)

VeniVididVicious
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:25 AM
It's good that the unpopularity of your favorites don't affect you.

Dawn Marie
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:30 AM
Since when have my favs been unpopular?!? Popularity doesn't win u matches, just ask that gurl in your avatar ... NEXT!

Simplify
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:36 AM
*Anna fan hating to admit it, but that was a good one*

Lets go, Anna!!! Prove to this Dawn person that you will win with your tennis skills!! :bounce: :bounce:

I STILL have faith in you!

ktwtennis
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:54 AM
.. oh well.. you tried ktwtennis .. I didn't TRY anything...I simply stated my implicit opinion of some Williams fans bashing the unpopularity of the rest of the tour and my observations on the TV...

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:57 AM
And I fell asleep.......what kind of fan am I................................................. . ...............

selesfan
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:58 AM
For as much as they are known by casual fans, they rarely fill up the stadiums. When Hingis used to play, her early matches were always packed, even if her name recognition among US fans wasn't as high as Venus' or Serena's.

:rolleyes: So you were at all of Martina's matches in the States. I've been to a lot of her matches where the stands were empty also and I have been to a lot of Venus and Serena matches where the stands were full.

1jackson2001
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:58 AM
I am perfectly fine with the amount of people in the stands...they'll fill up come finals time. And guess who will most likely be playing then?! :eek: :wavey:

selesfan
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:03 AM
It's good that the unpopularity of your favorites don't affect you.

Your fave is only popular because of her looks, when is the last time she won a tennis match. She doesn't even attract the casual fan, most of the fans who attend her matches never saw a tennis match in their life. ;)