PDA

View Full Version : is jelena dokic back?

jd4eva
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:21 PM
is all the tough losses this year trying to change her game and play a different style paying off?

is heinz starting to work his magic? what do you think of jelena's plkay in miami and what do you think the future will hold?

Dava
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:24 PM
Well for all I know having not seen the match Dechy could have hit 68 unforced errors, but Jelena played really well and I think she will be back soon enough.

Julian
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:25 PM
I was very surprised at the Jelena-Nathalie result. Nathalie's been playing very well this year and Jelena just won single handedly! Take a look at the stats:

Dokic Dechy
1st Serve % 65% 67%
Aces 5 2
Double Faults 7 5
Winning % - 1st Serve Pts. 29 of 37 = 78% 19 of 33 = 58%
Winning % - 2nd Serve Pts. 7 of 20 = 35% 5 of 16 = 31%
Winners (Including Service) 25 8
Unforced Errors 26 15
Break Point Conversions 4 of 10 = 40 % 1 of 2 = 50 %
Net Approaches 10 of 13 = 77 % 4 of 9 = 44 %
Total Points Won 61 45

Her serve was okay, a lot of aces but still had DF's, maybe she's trying to make her serve into a weapon?? She had a lot of winners, and her winner/UE ratio was pretty even and I think that's pretty good. Glad to see she made some trips into the net, maybe Heinz is trying to work on that also. All in all, Im hoping that Jelena is back and possibly better then ever. :)

vutt
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:30 PM
Maybe she just dismissed all that “brain-driven with lot of variety tennis” and just follows her power-tennis instincts again. ;)

Dava
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:31 PM
Well theres a lot of UF's but more winners which is exactly what I like to see.

Car Key Boi
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:33 PM
it's a very encouraging tournament so far, and hopefully she's back

one slight doubt i have, there's been a lot of strange results in Miami, mens as well as the gurls, what with a sickness so....

but hell, she's beaten an in-form player so let's fucking enjoy it!

- Car Key Boi :bounce:

~|Naomi|~
Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:48 PM
I think she is, if you look at all the stats for the players within her quarter she seems to be playing the best. I think if she and Kim make the QF, I wouldn't be surprised if Dokic won

Philip
Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:33 PM
I think she is, if you look at all the stats for the players within her quarter she seems to be playing the best. I think if she and Kim make the QF, I wouldn't be surprised if Dokic won
Jelena and Kim have had some great matches in the past, hopefully we can see another soon! :D

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:51 PM
Jelena Is Back!!!! Keep It Up Girl!!