PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Tickets

Dava
Mar 23rd, 2003, 05:21 PM
Does anyone know when they will be avalable, cos I really want to go cos its the nearest WTA event to me. Also does anyone have a list of commitments I would really like Jelena to come again this year!!!

paul_masterton
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:27 PM
i thikn u can buy tickets now.

go to www.lta.org.uk and then there is a link for 'birmingham' you can print out and fill in the order form on the site.

bluepastures
Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:20 PM
Remember that the opening Saturday and Sunday are free! You can buy daily and weekly tickets. I'd always advise people to phone so you can get as good a seat as possible. By post you can't be sure of that.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:24 PM
http://boxoffice.necgroup.co.uk/tennis.asp

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:25 PM
I don't believe when it says Limited :rolleyes:

grounds are mostly empty, stands are never full,

veryborednow
Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:55 PM
well I don't know whether I want to go and be ignored by Eggy again :sad: ;)

Fieke
Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:15 PM
I don't believe when it says Limited :rolleyes:

grounds are mostly empty, stands are never full,
So is it possible to go and buy tickets on the day then? I would like to go, but I'm not sure yet whether I can go or not, so I will only be able to start making plans quite late.
And if it is impossible them on the day, is it necesarry to start ordering them now or can I wait a little more?

Monica_Rules
Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:27 PM
I'm planning on going on the Saturday and/or the Monday i have exams at the time but my next one is not untill the friday so i should be OK!

Dava
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:38 AM
I am planning to go, but I think I may have exams that week, so I may just go see the final or whatever. For the week its 50 quid. 50 quid! not bad at all for a weeks worth of tennis.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:00 AM
well I don't know whether I want to go and be ignored by Eggy again :sad: ;)

Sorry Romy :kiss: :kiss:

if you get a weekly ticket and member of the LTA, it costs about £45
I'm going there for most of the week.

Fieke:- I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get in by paying at the gate.
Been there for some years and never even seen the semis/Finals day full.

Pdm1987
Mar 24th, 2003, 04:50 PM
I went last year on the semi final day and there were plenty of spaces in the main court and people were paying at the gate so it probably won't be any different this year.

paul_masterton
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:01 PM
omg we are all going?! :eek:

We have to have a wtaworld.com reuinon night out/get together :)

I'll be there from Saturday to Thursday :D

Rob E-J is getting me tickets.

There is a small chance i'll be doing some work for LTA, but it's not very likely as they wouldn't pay expenses for me at Nats. Thankfully Rob was there, and seeing as he is sucha good guy, let me do fun things like watching teh tennis, so i wasn't stuck making tea.

Shame Rob does Nottingham and not here :(

But i should be working for www.gbtennisgirls.com so if u got any q's for players ur too embarassed to ask, i'll try and get the answers for u :)

Monica_Rules
Mar 24th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Thanx Paul!

I'll try and get some questions!

Pdm1987
Mar 24th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Unfortunately I have got an exam every day that week so I am going on the first and last weekend. I was hoping to see all of my favourite players but knowing my luck every one of them will have been knocked out before semi-final day, like last year when Clarisa got to the quarters but withdrew.

Lord Chips
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:40 PM
I wont be able to go :sad:. The weekend before is my anual end of rugby season p**s up at Twickenham and then ill be saving for Cricket and Wimbledon

cooolconchita
Mar 28th, 2003, 12:42 PM
I really want to go this year - but will probably be by myself as my mate will still be doing exams in uni. I was thinking about the quarters as you should get some pretty good tennis then ;)
Anyone got any information about how to get there by train, and what are the facilities like, how can I get the best seats, whats the best stand etc. If anyone's going, I'll be the billy-no-mates at the front, desperately looking for Clarissa Fernandez!! ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 28th, 2003, 05:33 PM
coolconchita where are you from ??

Edgbaston is about 2 miles from New Street Station

1st link is city centre. head towards the taxi rank if you wanna catch one or otherwise there's some steps leading down to Station Street, come to 1st Left and carry on towards main road (A4400), cross to other side and go right towards roundabout. stay on this side of road and turn left at the roundabout and you come to some BUS Stops..... there you can catch a BUS to Sir Harry's Road.
thats 2nd LINK
Cross the road towards the tennis club and its about 100 metres on left side.

Alternatively it takes me about 15-20 mins to walk from Station ;)

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=406750&y=286250&z=1&sv=406750,286250&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=406250&y=284750&z=1&sv=406250,284750&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Pdm1987
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:40 PM
For the qualifying days, when it's free, do you just turn up and walk in, or do you have to buy tickets, or something else?
Who does everyone think will be the British players in qualifying?

tim4
Mar 30th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Entrance is free on the qually days (Sat/Sun), so you can just walk in and no-one will challenge you.
The rest of the week, I have just gone on spec a few times in the past, and bought a ticket on the day. That means if it rains I can put my feet up at home (well, probably at work actually) rather than wasting a day as might happen if I book weeks ahead. I can also go when my faves are playing.
I've never been to the semis or the finals though.

cooolconchita
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:12 PM
Thanks TBE :wavey:

I think i will go on the quarterfinals day, if anyone wants to meet up, that would be great - it would be fun putting a face to all these names! ;)

Also, I'm definitely going to Wimbledon again this year, because my local club gets LTA affiliated tickets, probably centre court on the tuesday, that's when i normally go - always get to see the defending ladies champ! :hearts:

PS - I'm from Leeds by the way! :)

Pdm1987
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:50 PM
I will now definately be going on the semi-final day, I'll be in Stand C.
I've just ordered the tickets. :bounce: :bounce:

Dava
Apr 1st, 2003, 02:56 PM
I have a history exam the day after the final, I was planning just to do the weekends, but now... I think I should be able to fit it all in, I'll just read my notes between the change overs.

Doea anyone know where I can find an A2 exam time table.

bluepastures
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:10 PM
Just booked my hotel for the Saturday night (I'm attending the first 2 days). Wanted to get in the Wetherlodge in the city centre, but it was fully booked. So, I'm staying in the Comfort inn on Hagley road instead (£20 B&B).

Fieke
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:03 AM
Just booked my hotel for the Saturday night (I'm attending the first 2 days). Wanted to get in the Wetherlodge in the city centre, but it was fully booked. So, I'm staying in the Comfort inn on Hagley road instead (£20 B&B).
I'm also attending the first two days (and maybe final day of qualifying) :) Still have to book my hotel though, I'd better do it ASAP it seems...

Monica_Rules
Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:15 PM
I think i'll be there On the first day of qualifying and the first day of the maindraw

paul_masterton
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:21 PM
Bp - i am also staying in teh Comfort Inn!!

bluepastures
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:00 PM
Fieke, me and Paul both booked our rooms at www.superbreak.com
I use it whenever I want to book a good-value hotel in the UK.

It's a very good website, and has several Birmingham hotels, of which the Comfort Inn is the cheapest.

Now I'm going to watch the football.

Fieke
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out right away.

BTW, congrats on the win last night :)

Dava
Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:03 PM
Has anyone ordered tickets online. When I went to do it you had to do it on seperate days, is there anyway you can get all of your tickets that you want to purchase in the one whole week.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:43 PM
if you want the weekly ticket
ring up the NEC Box Office instead and ask for the weekly ticket
saves you alot of separate transactions plus the weekly ticket is alot cheaper off as well.
weekly costs £50.

cooolconchita
May 1st, 2003, 02:42 PM
BUMP... :)

I'm now thinking of going on the Tuesday, the problem is, I plan to just get my ticket on the day, but i was wondering how much a return train ticket would cost from leeds to birmingham and how long it takes to get there( i don't wanna miss any of the action!).

Any advice? :confused:

Lord Chips
May 1st, 2003, 10:43 PM
www.trainline.com

TheBoiledEgg
May 3rd, 2003, 02:30 PM
i suggest you go down to your local station and buy it from there ;) you'll get a better deal and I've tried that site and its all messed up.

trains from Leeds go thru Sheffield, and Derby and take about 3 hours.

paul_masterton
May 3rd, 2003, 09:03 PM
i'm flying down on my dad's airmiles :)

unfortunately due to lack of availability, my flight lands in Birmingham at 12:30 on Saturday, so i wont be abel to go to tennis until about 1:30. So i'm sorry to everyone but i'm hoping for a little rain in the morning as i just know everone i like will be first on and i'll miss them!!

Pdm1987
May 3rd, 2003, 10:00 PM
Because the Surbiton Entry List came out the other week, when will we know who has put there name down to play Birmingham?

Fieke
Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:25 PM
Question for people who have stayed at the Comfort inn on Hagley road before: how far away is the hotel from the Tennis Club?

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 4th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Fieke...... that hotel is about 10 mins walk from the Hotel.

Fieke: the Hotel is near to where the Arrow is on that map, just to left of the B4129 :)

see Map
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=404250&y=285250&z=1&sv=404250,285250&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

To get to the Tennis...... go straight down Norfolk Road...... follow that road until you see Somerset Rd, go along that road right to end, then left onto Edbgbaston Park Road, come to a Inter-Section and turn right,

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=405750&y=284750&z=1&sv=405750,284750&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Just print these pages out ;)

the club is along that road.

Well it takes me 10 mins :angel: i walk a mile in 6-7 mins ;)
at the most 15 mins

Fieke
Jun 4th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Thanks a lot Eggy :kiss: :kiss:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 4th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Fieke....... the 1st link of that map should be one page higher :o just click arrow up

or http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=404250&y=285750&z=1&sv=404250,285750&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf