PDA

View Full Version : Most Popular tennis players in America

Jericho
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:00 PM
From April issue of Tennis Magazine

Popular Opinion
Who do you love?
The Q Score reveals all

Serena Williams is No.1 on the court and in the hearts of Americans. So says the gold standard of popularity ratings, the Q Score. The number, derived annually from surveys of a few thousand people, is a measure of likability of top sports and entertainment celebrities. Advertisers pay serious cash for the Q's ($14,800 for the sports list alone) to help determine which stars to seek for ad campaigns.

The Q Score quantifies popularity in many categories, including the general public and fans of a particular sport. The number is the percentage of respondents familiar with the celebrity who rate him or her as "one of my favorites." Among active tennis players, Serena Williams was followed by her sister Venus in popularity in both the general-public and tennis-fans categories, according to Steven Levitt, president of Marketing Evaluations Inc., the Manhasset, N.Y., research firm that minds the Q's. The top men were Pete Sampras, Andy Roddick, Andre Agassi, and Lleyton Hewitt. - Kevin O' Keefe

Q Score - General Public - Tennis Fans
Serena Williams 18 - 45 :D
Venus Williams 17 - 45 :D
Pete Sampras 14 - 36
Anna Kournikova 14 - 31
Lindsay Davenport 11 - 25
Andy Roddick 10 - 22
Martina Hingis 10 - 34
Jennifer Capriati 10 - 25
Monica Seles 9 - 27
Andre Agassi 9 - 32
Lleyton Hewitt 5 - 12

vs1
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:08 PM
YAY!!!! Vee & Rena are clearly two of the classiest ladies on the tour! :D

Why is Monica not ranked higher?! :mad:

selesfan
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:34 PM
I'm surprised that Lindsay is ahead of Jen.

mn73
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:51 PM
Amazed Jen and Lindsay are ahead of Monica and WHY OH WHY is Anna Kournikova still so high!?! So frustrating. But looks count for everything everywhere (check out all the bitching here about Jen's tum!). Oh well.

CJ07
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:01 PM
it is strange that monica is so low

just shows that everybody loves V and Rena!

irma
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:05 PM
how did they check this?

I am suprised to see martina above cappy and monica!
and andre even lower

faboozadoo15
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:09 PM
im surpirsed that monica and andre are so low, but i am not surprised that venus and serena are 1 and 2... they are so recognizable as tennis players, and that's good for the game.
i never thought of davenport as a player a lot of non tennis fans knew about, so im a little surprised there too.

Lindsayfan
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:45 PM
wow Lindsay has a great ranking,more famous than Monica and Jennifer!I didnt expect it! :)