PDA

View Full Version : Anna K. Wants a Castle

GogoGirl
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:52 PM
http://www.people.co.uk/homepage/news/page.cfm?objectid=12769008&method=thepeople_full&siteid=79490

SHE'S MACKOURNIKOVA!

TENNIS beauty Anna Kournikova wants to buy a Scottish castle, The People can reveal.

The Russian ace has ordered her management company to find a Highland hideaway.

Anna, 21, became fascinated by the idea after her favourite pop star Madonna married at Skibo Castle in Sutherland two years ago.

Anna already owns a £4million mansion in Miami, Florida, but is anxious to have a European base. The going rate for Scottish castles is between £10million and £30million - a snip for the star.

Despite never having won a major tournament, she is one of the world's wealthiest sportswomen thanks to modelling contracts.

She earns £10million a year - although less than a million from tennis. A source at her management firm Octagon said: "Anna is very keen to buy a Scottish castle.

"I think she's got a notion that it would be incredibly romantic to own one in the middle of nowhere."

But Anna - dating heart-throb singer Enrique Iglesias - may have trouble finding the right one.

John Coleman, of international property firm Knight Frank, said: "There are only about three castle sales a year in Scotland."

caramel
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:54 PM
I want a Scottish castle,too. :p

tennischick
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:59 PM
nice distraction ploy. very clever...;)

Dava
Mar 23rd, 2003, 05:05 PM
What you people actually believe an article written by the Sunday People, thats front page news in itself!!!!

the cat
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:18 PM
TC, a distraction ploy for what? :confused:

Hulet
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:41 PM
SHE'S MACKOURNIKOVA! Hillarious. :o

tennischick
Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:05 PM
TC, a distraction ploy for what? :confused:
er...all the drama in her personal life. secret marriage that she denied. bad press around it. kinda obvious IMO...:p

-Sonic-
Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't wanna live in a castle... guess i'm alone in that.

DutchieGirl
Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:53 PM
I think it'd be cool, but I doubt Anna's actually gonna do it!

Dawn Marie
Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:39 PM
Baby steps Anna Baby steps. First the title THEN you go for the Castle.

Miranda
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:40 AM
wow, she is so rich, so lucky, just a beautiful face can earn so many :eek: no offence to her fans, anna is really lucky, she is beautiful among the tennis stars but among the super models or film stars, i am sure that there are many who are more beautiful then her, just like natalie portman ... but however she earns more ;) :devil:

SerialKiller#69
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:12 AM
i believe i've read somewhere that anna and enrique has already split up.

gentenaire
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:37 AM
A nice, cold, humid Scottish Castle...very romantic. I'm glad I don't have to pay the heating bills!

RAA
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Baby steps Anna Baby steps. First the title THEN you go for the Castle.

LMAO
:D

the cat
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:57 PM
TC, you've been reading lot of mystery novels! ;)

Like Knoplfer6 alluded to. It doesn't seem right sell Scottish culture to anyone with millions of dollars.

Maybe Anna is bored and wants to re-invent herself like her idol Madonna has done so many times.

tennischick
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:47 PM
why doesn't she try re-inventing herself as a tennis player then...? :o :o

the cat
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Because Anna may have already seen her best days as a tennis player. And she probably has no confidence as an athlete at this time. I keep hoping for a turnaround. But it's starting to seem unlikely.

I hope Anna Kournikova does not buy a Scottish Castle. The media would have a field day with it.